Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not previously posted as far as I am aware

If you happen to bank with Barclays and are in dispute over this issue, be aware:

If BPF go as far as issuing a Default Notice in respect of the issue you you have with them, they can in fact legally clear out you bank account in settlement. (It's called 'Setting off')

I would suggest that if you bank with Barclays, you open an account with another bank and close any Barclay connection.

When they ask you why, simply tell them you are disgusted with the BPF reaction to your complaint regarding their actions.

David

Not previously posted as far as I am aware

If you happen to bank with Barclays and are in dispute over this issue, be aware:

If BPF go as far as issuing a Default Notice in respect of the issue you you have with them, they can in fact legally clear out you bank account in settlement. (It's called 'Setting off')

I would suggest that if you bank with Barclays, you open an account with another bank and close any Barclay connection.

When they ask you why, simply tell them you are disgusted with the BPF reaction to your complaint regarding their actions.

David

Good to know.. I will start looking for a new bank and will have to sell my shares.. not that they pay much after the bosses have all given themselves millions in bonus payment

I just opened a online bank account with another bank.. its online.. but I still have to wait 3 working days for them to process the paperwork.. what is it with banks and three days?.. cheques or bank transfers take 3 days to clear.. but if they want to take money out of your account its done in seconds.. like I said before no other business that we use takes us to the cleaners everytime we use them... banks

They screwed us all over the past two years and even now they just sit there smug with their hand out..

Look at all of the other companies that went to the wall because of them.. and we had our money given to them.. any other business would have gone just like with Rover and Woolworths no help from the government.

And the thing about it all.. there is nothing to stop the banks doing exactly the same thing next week.. thing is there is not enough money around to bail em out this time.. they will take us all with them next time

Hi all,I am new to this site. Am also an Advent student, joined last year in August-stopped my payments as soon as I got the E-mail from Advent.Rang the F.O and they have written a letter of complaint,since then I have received letters from Mercers Debt Collections to pay and got a letter yesterday to pay the full amount in 7 days!! So can the CAG team help me or someone give me advice. I come from East Anglia.

Yes, I would like to join,am new to this site.Joined Advent last year. I have to give you my real name, but surely not on this site.

No email Fuzzbut your name and he will act on our behalf go back a couple of posts and find his email address hope this helps.

What are Legal seagulls doing to help bank charge claims in the courts ? - Legal seagulls Consumer Forum

For those who are having problems with bank charges over this Barclay/Advent mess, this may be of interest.

I've put a thread up advertising our BPF lawsuit appeal.

the link takes you to some strange site.. disneyland the alternate version??

thnks fuzzbutt for getting a lawyer organised!! im so relieved!! how many people have emailed you now?

do you know where we stand with paymetns... bpf have not requested paymetns from me yet but i know some people have had those letters.

did the lawyers mention anything or will they clarify this in your meeting?

Hello everyone, this is my first post although I have been reading the entries in this forum for the last month or so. I am or was and Advent Student from approx June 2008, for whch I deferred the payment for 12months knowing that I was due a redundancy payout. At the end of the 12months just before the cut-off date I paid the amount in full as to not incur any interest charges. At no stage was I told either that there was a 3 year time limit on my studies and if I exceeded this date I would have to pay to continue to study. Computeach have recieved my records now and are basically saying that when June 2010 arrives + 3 months of administration time reward. After this I will have to start paying them again?? As far as I am concerned I have paid for the full course content for an MCSE, why am I not within my rights to just demand all the remaining material and transcender disks from them, or even better still an equivalent sum of money for my remaing 6 modules out of the 11. I like everyone else here chose Advent over Computeach because they had a better reputation. So because Barclays decides to pull the plug on their finances and invest in another provider, which I consider to be inferior, we now have to lose out. Who are these people who think they can continually rip people off of hard-earned cash. Does any have any advice for me as I am due to send an e-mail back to Computeach in response to recent e-mails received from them.

Thanks, I have managed to send the E-mail

Sorry if I haven't replied, but I've had about 90 emails this morning (mostly Facebook members so thanks all of you who have promoted this on there) and have been saving everyone's name and email onto a contact mailing list, sending a standard 'thanks' acknowledgement so everyone knows for sure they're on the action group.

So much for a restful Sunday!!! I've been at it since 10am this morning and Hotmail have now stopped me as I'm at my limit for sending mails until 24 hours has passed! Fuzz needs a bloody drink!! :lol:

I'll reply to others tomorrow when Hotmail lets me again. I've been keeping a record of people's various questions and will send out a bulletin mail once I've spoken to the law firm again and they've advised.

Phew....BEER!!:-)

thnks fuzzbutt for getting a lawyer organised!! im so relieved!! how many people have emailed you now?

do you know where we stand with paymetns... bpf have not requested paymetns from me yet but i know some people have had those letters.

did the lawyers mention anything or will they clarify this in your meeting?

Hi Yasmin - I think there's about 200 people signed up now.

I'll get back to everyone with a fuller picture once I've spoken to the law firm representing us.

Hi, J4ckB4u3R,

It's not on what they're trying to get away with here. Join the legal action being taken Computeach are totally unsuitable and your experience is verifying that.

Do they think we're all stupid after having been screwed over by Advent that we would willingly allow it to continue.

My advice would be click Fuzzbutt's email and join in Add your name to the list. and read the legal Notice that is advising us to not communicate anymore with Computeach or Barclays Partner Finance as they will do it for us. other than to say you are awaiting legal advice.

We can take back some of the power that's been taken from us.

as far as I'm concerned this is now in the hands of a Lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks