Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has anybody finished the course or do you know any1 who has

I haven't quite fininshed the course but was about to sit the mock for 70-298 which had I passed would have given me my MCSE. I would then have had one more module to take (according to the Advent training track)

I was under the impression that my contract was open ended based on two reasons:

• I was told by the salesaman, nowhere could I find any dates on any of the documentation I have received from Advent, Clydesdale or Barclays (I still have everything I have been sent) - However following the earlier posts I checked "clause 4" and the definition of "term" does state 2 years!!!
  • I started the course in July '07, I received the study material for 70-298 at the end of December '09 - Obviously more than 2 years after the start of my course - I have never asked for an extension, why would I? I thought the course open ended.

Not sure of the implications of this but Advent clearly weren't sticking to the 2 years in my case.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't quite fininshed the course but was about to sit the mock for 70-298 which had I passed would have given me my MCSE. I would then have had one more module to take (according to the Advent training track)

I was under the impression that my contract was open ended based on two reasons:

• I was told by the salesaman, nowhere could I find any dates on any of the documentation I have received from Advent, Clydesdale or Barclays (I still have everything I have been sent) - However following the earlier posts I checked "clause 4" and the definition of "term" does state 2 years!!!
  • I started the course in July '07, I received the study material for 70-298 at the end of December '09 - Obviously more than 2 years after the start of my course - I have never asked for an extension, why would I? I thought the course open ended.

Not sure of the implications of this but Advent clearly weren't sticking to the 2 years in my case.

This is good. Thanks for posting that dude. backs up this argument that we all have that Advents timelines were basically irrelevant and from what you say, they were true to their word when they said you could study at your own pace, take as long as you need etc.

What address have people been using for BPF please that has actually prompted a response, however dismissive? Gotta send my letter asap as they wanna reactivate my account next week and just wanna be sure Im sending it to the right place so they cant dispute whether they've received it or not. I'll be sending it recorded delivery.

Sorry, I know it was posted sometime back im just not sure where!!

I posted to;

Barclays Career Development Loans

P.O Box No. 228

Liverpool

L69 7RU

Also, another little piece of information to share. It just so happened I was sat talking to a gentleman whom worked for Computeach as a 'tutor'

When the Computeach salesman came to my home, I was told that the tutors were all in house staff and they are dedicated to you etc etc. The truth of it is that the 'tutors' actually work from their own home, Computeach forward your 'course query' to the 'tutor' and he/she deals with it all from their own office at home. They are not dedicated, they get paid on how many hours they put in dealing with these complaints etc. Self Employed too. Sound very similar to how the salesman work/earn I think...

Also I am not sure of the author, but have a look at this,

http://hubpages.com/hub/BarclayParterFinance

Edited by DaleLincs
added link

I have just spoken to legal advisor and she said if the contract with Barclays Partner Finance doesn't say anything like "If the supplier goes out of business we shall find you an alternative one" - they can't force us to accept Computeach.

I need to ask Barclays Partner Finance what's the authority they base their decisions on :/

I still think there's enough of us to prove that the course wit Advent was missold by leading us to believe the course is open-ended or may be extended with no further cost (that's what Computeach itself is suggesting isn't it?)

I know that I wouldn't have signed up if I wasn't said so clearly as I worked 11,5 hrs shifts and have two kids so I knew it may be quite tricky to find enough time/space for studying.

I have noticed that Advent IT website disappeared however I have some screenshots with banners saying that you have as much time as you want.

EDIT: do we have to prove that we are right or does BPF have to prove that we are wrong?

Edited by panliberski

I have just spoken to legal advisor and she said if the contract with Barclays Partner Finance doesn't say anything like "If the supplier goes out of business we shall find you an alternative one" - they can't force us to accept Computeach.

I need to ask Barclays Partner Finance what's the authority they base their decisions on :/

I still think there's enough of us to prove that the course wit Advent was missold by leading us to believe the course is open-ended or may be extended with no further cost (that's what Computeach itself is suggesting isn't it?)

I know that I wouldn't have signed up if I wasn't said so clearly as I worked 11,5 hrs shifts and have two kids so I knew it may be quite tricky to find enough time/space for studying.

I have noticed that Advent IT website disappeared however I have some screenshots with banners saying that you have as much time as you want.

Okay, it does kind of look like most people have been given the impression that the Advent course was open-ended. Does anyone know of anyone who WASN'T lead to believe this?

I have just been speaking to Barclays Partner Finance, who admit that "a few" people have been told that they could extend the Advent course at no extra cost.

I explained that it was completely infeasible for me to finish the course in the remaining 6 months.

Scott Carey from Barclays Partner Finance has told me that they will be speaking with Computeach, and they'll call me back on or around Monday. I guess they are pretty desperate to get an agreement sorted now.

Regardless of any arrangements that are come to now, I really do not want to study with Computeach, who seem eager to screw me to the ground before I've even registered as a student.

As discussed, there is definitely no suggestion in any of the paperwork that in the event of the original training company going bust, Barclays Partner Finance can select any company for us that they consider similar enough.

carnt we get a sales man on our side any1 no any of them try and use them

Being thinking that for a few weeks now, in respect to the mis selling issue, if this did go to court having either ex employees or sales reps testifying about Advents tactics etc would certainly be of great benefit to our course.

Yes, it would! I imagine that for a saleman, it would be pretty much career-suicide, though. Still, there may be someone who wants to do the right thing! Panlibersky, is there anyway I can see these banners, please?

see i have seen 3 different tings in all my paper work saying different things about the timeline 1 says 3 years support 1 is 2 year deadline and the other is a quote from older student saying there was no deadline all this is from the paper work i received when i signed up

I explained that it was completely infeasible for me to finish the course in the remaining 6 months.

Scott Carey from Barclays Partner Finance has told me that they will be speaking with Computeach, and they'll call me back on or around Monday. I guess they are pretty desperate to get an agreement sorted now.

Be careful you all don't give BPF the upperhand by giving them a chance to rectify why CT are not like for like. Or they will ensure they are.

Don't fix their screw ups for them

Log your complaints with the FOS and Trading Standards And OFT don't phone BPF keep everything in writing and send recorded delivery.

I don't want to have killed your sharing of information with each other that keeps everyone informed and is fine, but the stage this is coming to we need to be careful. Better for yourselves and your own cases if you have everything in writing because BPF have already denied phone conversations.

At the moment it is obvious that CT are not like for like and I'm not sure if they can get away with changing their rules to fit in with our complaints but I wouldn't want to give them that opportunity. We are not dealing with reputable businesses here.

Hope I've not offended anyone it wasn't my intention.

I know I have asked this before and I will do so again now.

If ANY pertinent information appears on the facebook website can it PLEASE be relayed here.

I do not use facebook and I read on almost everypage that items have been discussed and I feel a little in the dark about it.

Thank you :)

Edited by Savarok
  • Haha 1

I would also like to mention one thing that may be important: Have any of you received any kind of correspondence from Advent saying that you should try to catch up with your course as you are behind the schedule??? I didn't find it in one yr worth correspondence (letters, emails) and think it might be a proof in our favor. What do you think about it?

A theoretical question: Does extending of contract length generates more expenses for the service provider??? you have still the same modules to pass though......?

Edited by panliberski

I was expecting a letter to explain about my complaint it hasn't arrived yet I wondr if it may be in the post.. has anybody else been told to expect this type of letter?

Hi,

This is first post, taken quite a while to read through all the others!

I had my finance through Barclays Partner Finance which was in my Dads name and paid off in full in Dec 09 to avoid the interest charges after the interest free year.

I do not wish to continue with Computeach as i did alot of research before signing up with Advent into the different companies offering the MCSE.

I would appreciate any support from the CAG team and will be submitting my details via the red triangle

I was told at the time of being sold this course "We Guarantee you to pass however long it takes depends how much time you put in. Doesn't matter if it takes 3 years we will resit you till you're qualified hopefully it won't take you that long you could be in a job and learning as you go within 3months enabling you to pay for your course. "Oh! said I that'll be great thank you very much "

Oh and don't worry when you see the figures on the contract it's just the way it's written with the interest added but you don't pay that everyone gets a fright with that but don't worry about it just pay the full amount before the 1year is up. Simples!

I'm raging with all this hassle and having the AUDACITY to try and rip us off some more. Do they think I came up the Clyde on a bike. Who are they trying to kid!!!!!

I was told similar thing thats why I'm seriously stuffed now, I need to draw up a letter to barclays and I'm struggling but will put in all the points made her about the contract. I hope they will cancel the agreement as I am going to draw it up over this weekend and then send it via recorded delivery. Keep a copy and send it to the FO. Then see where it leads me, hopefully the reimbursement which is like 2k will help stabilize my financial crisis that this has caused. £80 a month may not seem alot but when I have so little to support myself and skipping meals to survive then it would get me at least 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. How I would enjoy not missing lunch every other day hmmmmmmm.

Edited by SajstarHero

I was told similar thing thats why I'm seriously stuffed now[/quote

They were a bunch of porky piers:mad: and landed us with all this stress but we can fight back and between us can get a solid case.:) In fact we should be claiming damages for all the stress and financial hardship we have had thrust upon us.:eek:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks