Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Computeach are unable to provide much in the way of details of the computer & IT training they will be providing me with, until I register as a student with them. Naturally I am a little reluctant to register with Computeach until they can provide me with details about the training, and also the terms and conditions.

As an ex computeach student.. I beg you do not sign up with them even if they turn up at your house and seranade you all night long.. you may as well burn your money rather than give it to them.. its the same thing.

I still feel that Advent training and Computeach have much more of a relationship than we yet know, it would not surprise me when later we find out that the directors of these companies have been working hand in hand all of this time.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check your Advent contract terms because my Access contract states that my contract with them will terminate immediately if they go into liquidation so any dates on there or length of time should no longer be valid. That contract is terminated and CT need to draw up new ones

Agree with that.

Computeach cannot in fact take over a contract which by definition has been terminated.

Have to wonder if Advent put that one in as a 'poison pill'.

David

just wondering if anyone has it written anywhere that advent said if after th 2 yrs you havnt finished all you have to do is call them and can get it extended another 4 yrs.... i remember this but i d not have it in writting... and i agree computeach acnnot take over the advent contract so they cant pick up on the time scale anyway

just wondering if anyone has it written anywhere that advent said if after th 2 yrs you havnt finished all you have to do is call them and can get it extended another 4 yrs.... i remember this but i d not have it in writting... and i agree computeach acnnot take over the advent contract so they cant pick up on the time scale anyway

Agreed computeach cant force the Advent terms on us.. so whats to stop computeach from making their own rules as they go along.. you sign up and then find out you are on that one year subscription.. with an option to pay more on a monthly basis

and i agree computeach cannot take over the advent contract so they cant pick up on the time scale anyway

As I see it they cannot do much of anything - unless of course you sign a new contract.

David

I've got no intention of signing up with Computeach IT training, but with the Advent enrolement form stating a two year course duration, with nothing to back up what I was told by the Advent salesman re: the duration being extendable, I do wonder where I stand!

I hesitate to use the word "[problem]" when refering to Barclays Partner Finance, Advent and Computeach, but it does all seem pretty dodgy!

does anyone know of anyone who was close to the end of their Advent course or who had actually finished it and how long it took them? It would be interesting to see what happended with actual students and if they went over the length of time that was suggested (and I say suggested coz I still believe that the contract date, if you were even given one, has nothing to do with how long you were actually allowed to complete the course).

Of course Advent were gonna put a contract term against your name but if the reality was that it didnt have any relelvance with regard to what they actually allowed you to do then Computeach latching on to this and trying to hold your course ransom to that timeframe is just wrong.

I refer back to my earlier post as well about the course suspension that Advent allowed that made your support time basically last as long as you actually needed it. Computeach seem to just be trying to change the rules completely.

Thank you for your email.It is unfortunate that you have been led to believe that there is no contract end date for your Advent training course.

Say Nah!!! mate unfortunate for YOU!! your not like for like END OF.

Well, that's what I think, as well. There does seem to be quite a few of us who were under the impression that our IT training with Advent was open-ended. So either this was true, and they were prepared for the training to go on indefinitely, or they had extremely dodgy salesmen lying to us all, and there was a culture of mis-selling right through the process. I don't know what to believe at the moment, but either way, it doesn't look to me to be a solution taking training from Computeach.

Right from the beginning I have found Computeach's approach to be a worry, starting off with being unable to give out specifics without our enrolement as students with them. And they just INFORM you that you are now one of their students and you don't have a leg to stand on, legally, as Barclays Partner Finance have allegedly fulfilled their obligations!

I really am so angry with the whole lot of them...

What I also meant to mention, I wonder how many people have extended their contractual period with Advent Training. Has anyone ever successfully done this?

Also how many people have been told terms and conditions by dodgy Advent salesmen that turned out to be in conflict with the actual written contract?

If there are a fair amount of people who had there course extended without extra cost, then it shows that Computeach and Advent Training are not like for like at all. Whereas if there haven't been people successfully extending their course, and there are a great number of people told by Advent salesmen that this was a possibility, then that could suggest that the course was mis-sold, possibly invalidating any agreement with Barclays Partner Finance. What does everyone else think?

I was told at the time of being sold this course "We Guarantee you to pass however long it takes depends how much time you put in. Doesn't matter if it takes 3 years we will resit you till you're qualified hopefully it won't take you that long you could be in a job and learning as you go within 3months enabling you to pay for your course. "Oh! said I that'll be great thank you very much "

Oh and don't worry when you see the figures on the contract it's just the way it's written with the interest added but you don't pay that everyone gets a fright with that but don't worry about it just pay the full amount before the 1year is up. Simples!

I'm raging with all this hassle and having the AUDACITY to try and rip us off some more. Do they think I came up the Clyde on a bike. Who are they trying to kid!!!!!

carnt we get a sales man on our side any1 no any of them try and use them

The sales guy who told me there was no time limit and do the course at my own pace with no deadline dont no if it still works not tried it my self i would just get mad at him anyone else wana try.

Colin Smith:07786967967

I was told at the time of being sold this course "We Guarantee you to pass however long it takes depends how much time you put in. Doesn't matter if it takes 3 years we will resit you till you're qualified hopefully it won't take you that long you could be in a job and learning as you go within 3months enabling you to pay for your course. "Oh! said I that'll be great thank you very much "

Oh and don't worry when you see the figures on the contract it's just the way it's written with the interest added but you don't pay that everyone gets a fright with that but don't worry about it just pay the full amount before the 1year is up. Simples!

I'm raging with all this hassle and having the AUDACITY to try and rip us off some more. Do they think I came up the Clyde on a bike. Who are they trying to kid!!!!!

Yeah, the Advent salesmen paint their little pictures, and us, like muppets, lapped it all up! I can still remember how the salesman described the course centre and facilities. Made it sound like something from Star Trek or something.

And filling out the forms with us agreeing how much money I'd be happy to earn, and what career path would be most appropriate for me, as if they had anyway of assisting with that whatsoever...I do actually feel like a bit of an idiot to be taken in by it all.

And then along come Computeach to screw us a bit more!

Just got another letter from Barclays saying i refer to your ongoing complaint. I would like to update you on my investigation into your complaint. Since i last wrote to you i have been investigating the concerns you raised. then goes on i am not yet in a position to provide you with a full response because we are still carrying out our investigation.When i receive the information i need i will write to you again this should be no later than the 14th April 2010. A full response has taken a little bit longer than we expected and at this stage you do have the option to ask the financial ombudsman service to review your complaint already 1 step ahead why does this not surprise me yet another fob off letter hopefully the financial ombudsman service will see that barclays are a bunch of crooks and sort this out for everyone anyone else had this letter?

yep got mine today as well

It seems strange that even though the advent contract states that if they go into liquidation their contract with us ends.. computeach are writing that they will hold you to the terms of this contract.. ie the length of time to study.

I think as you point out.. a new contact would need to be made between computeach and the student.. I would not think the advent contract is enforceable in any way

good point, if the contract is terminated if they go into administration and computeach are saying they will hold you to a contract that no longer exsists then ct have to offer a new contract and if you dissagree with the conditions surely this means that you no longer have a contract so you should be intitled to a refund. would that be right?

this was the same spill the salesman gave me. if there was a 2 year time scale then why is it not mention in thier portfollio they gave me? only thing mentioned is you can go at your own pace not go at your own pace as long as you complete in 2 years.

this was the same spill the salesman gave me. if there was a 2 year time scale then why is it not mention in thier portfollio they gave me? only thing mentioned is you can go at your own pace not go at your own pace as long as you complete in 2 years.

Advent folder....1st page our priority is to offer certifications most valued by IT industry and to give our students the best possible chance of getting a job in IT

2nd page support to go at your own pace

3rd page Training self paced study

4th page students don't even have to pay for failed exams and can retake in their own time

5th page CV writing to help you find a job

6th page Major Employers We work with Major Employers of IT staff--Companies like PC World,Norwich Union,Fujitsu and Nokia-and hundreds of smaller companies around the country, to find jobs for our students.

So there whole sales tactics are Go at your own pace and we find you a Job in IT. and you're right says nothing about 2years there

Computeach are opposite to this so are not like for like they are nothing like

Computeach are opposite to this so are not like for like they are nothing like

Seen some comments that Computeach are also saying they will enforce the terms of the original contract.

Clause in the original Advent contract says that if they go into admin, the contract is terminated.

By definition, a terminated contract cannot be re-instated without agreement of both parties - which means they don't actually have one.

David

hi, has anyone paid bpf yet? thats those who were on 1yr interest free...any opinions as to what will happen if you dont pay?:confused:

Hi Bill10.

I got a loan from the clydesdale bank for £3,000 to make up what i didn't have of the £4,950 owed to Barclays. This loan is costing me 25.9% apr, which is almost another grand added to my debt (but hey, it's less than what Barclays would've charged:)!)

My advice to you would be, speak to your bank and try to get a loan to cover what you haven't got to give to Barclays. Let them know of your situation and if the worst should happen, and Barclays get their way, you won't be charged their massive rate of interest and a year's worth of charges as you will have the money there. But make sure you tell your bank that the situation is in dispute and you may be wanting to pay the loan off before the agreed date. (You'll no doubt have to be in full-time employment to get the loan).

Or better yet, speak to a member of CAG or go to the CAB for advice.

Ally :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks