Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That was one of my main arguments......so thats annoying that they're saying that.

Im sure I read in some of the literature, either the email or on their site, that exams would be 'carried out at their dedicated testing centre' or something. I cant find it now though.

It probably means locally to computeach..

Also now never accept anything unless its in writing.. specially from computeach.. the directors of advent are now consultants for computeach.. this is their way of getting a second slice of the cake.. screw more money out of barclays

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i rang them to, i was told if you did the exams locally then you miss out on the workshops... as they do the workshops and then the exams straight after

Thats good to know. As it is dumb. I can see in some cases you may wanna take the workshop to solidify your learning, therefore the exam straight after is sensible but if you're at the point where you're taking mocks and stuff then surely you're gonna be beyond the stage where the workshop is gonna be useful. I took the workshop early in my learning for my comptia as it gave the book context and stuff but no way was i ready for an exam at that point. It shouldnt be a case of one or the other.

It probably means locally to computeach..

Also now never accept anything unless its in writing.. specially from computeach.. the directors of advent are now consultants for computeach.. this is their way of getting a second slice of the cake.. screw more money out of barclays

I thought someone said that the directors of advent had previously worked for computeach and left because they didnt think the service being given was of a good enough standard? Hence setting up advent. This just gets weirder and weirder.

I thought someone said that the directors of advent had previously worked for computeach and left because they didnt think the service being given was of a good enough standard? Hence setting up advent. This just gets weirder and weirder.

Yes they were originally from computeach.. something if I had known at the time of enrolling.. would have changed my mind to joining.

And dont think just because they supposedly left computeach and started their own company.. it does not mean they stopped playing golf together.. I think those two companies have been working hand in hand with each other for sometime.

Just look at the insurance companies they do it all the time.. they have companies with different names.. but are essentially the same company just with different phone numbers and office

Just had a email from ct about my dispute about how i thought i had as much time as i wanted to complete the course.

Good Morning Daniel

Thank you for verifying your contact details. During this process you indicated that you did not agree with the contract dates that we detailed for you.

In order to resolve this issue, please can you let us know what contract start and end date you believe we should be working to.

It should be noted that some Advent students have been led to believe that there is no contract end date for Advent training courses. Having reviewed the Advent terms and conditions we would draw your attention to Clause 4 which outlines the fact that the services will be provided to you throughout the “Term” of your contract. The terms and conditions contain definitions of the “Term” and the “Contract Period”.

The contract end date that we provided to you during the details verification process is the one that was recorded against your account by Advent.

If you have documented evidence to support your claim that your contract end date was different or that there wasn’t one then please do send it to us and we will be happy to review it.

In the absence of documented evidence to support a claim of a different contract end date I’m afraid that we will not be able to support you free of charge beyond the contract end date that we have already stipulated.

Kind regards

| Customer care |

Edited by alanfromderby

Just had a email from ct about my dispute about how i thought i had as much time as i wanted to complete the course.

Good Morning Daniel

Thank you for verifying your contact details. During this process you indicated that you did not agree with the contract dates that we detailed for you.

In order to resolve this issue, please can you let us know what contract start and end date you believe we should be working to.

It should be noted that some Advent students have been led to believe that there is no contract end date for Advent training courses. Having reviewed the Advent terms and conditions we would draw your attention to Clause 4 which outlines the fact that the services will be provided to you throughout the “Term” of your contract. The terms and conditions contain definitions of the “Term” and the “Contract Period”.

The contract end date that we provided to you during the details verification process is the one that was recorded against your account by Advent.

If you have documented evidence to support your claim that your contract end date was different or that there wasn’t one then please do send it to us and we will be happy to review it.

In the absence of documented evidence to support a claim of a different contract end date I’m afraid that we will not be able to support you free of charge beyond the contract end date that we have already stipulated.

Kind regards

| Customer care |

So not only have barclays "found" us a new provider.. they also intend to do in on the cheap.. its like I wrote before..

I think the intention will be one years worth of computeach time "1year subscription".. and you still have to pay BPF your 6K loan.. way to go and look after your customers...

Lets have a big round of applause for Barclays Partner Finance!!!

Another lesson from the banks on how far they will go to screw their customers for that last penny. :mad:

Edited by alanfromderby

So not only have barclays "found" us a new provider.. they also intend to do in on the cheap.. its like I wrote before..

I think the intention will be one years worth of computeach time "1year subscription".. and you still have to pay BPF your 6K loan.. way to go and look after your customers...

Lets have a big round of applause for Barclays Partner Finance!!!

Another lesson from the banks on how far they will go to screw their customers for that last penny. :mad:

1 years worth? my partners course is supposed to be up in june if the 2 year thing is anything to go by... not exactly a year!this whole thing is a mess.

OK I looked at my enrolment form and it states if I have no other start and end date indicated then the "term" as computeach describe it.. its 2 years.

I scanned mine hope you can read it

advent terms011.jpg

You should look at the facebook group 'support Group for Fraser McKenzie students' after a number of people contacting the Financial Ombudsman, Barclays Partner Finance has now started sending out letters saying they are going to cancel the loans and refund any moneys paid. But this only seems to happen if you are pers...istent in writing to BPF and/or if you contact the FO. I suggest everyone in this group does this, if you want get BPF to give you your money back and cancel your loan

I spoke to computeach 2day.. and said that I wanted to do the MCSE course and how much it wud cost... i fink it was around 1500, but then when asked bout the exams, i said i believe they are based in dudley, whereas advent i was able to do em locally... she explained that they do let the students to do em locally... so dont no wha to do now...

OK I looked at my enrolment form and it states if I have no other start and end date indicated then the "term" as computeach describe it.. its 2 years.

I scanned mine hope you can read it

hi tenpack, yeah y partners says the same thing but there is no date written on it. his 2 years are up in june.. he ashnt even passd the a+ yet so the likely hood o f him passing the whole MSCA by then is unlikely.

i thought with advent you could study for as long as liked?even after the 2 years is up i tought you could extend it free of charge? does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Good Morning Daniel

Kind regards

Kelly Round | Customer care |

IS YOUR CONTRACT WITH ADVENT BEEN SIGNED BY THE SALESPERSON BECAUSE I AM SURE THEY SAY NO SIGNITURE NO CONTRACT. IF NOT SIGNED TELL THEM YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CONTRACT SO END DATE DOES NOT APPLY.

Just got another letter from Barclays saying i refer to your ongoing complaint. I would like to update you on my investigation into your complaint. Since i last wrote to you i have been investigating the concerns you raised. then goes on i am not yet in a position to provide you with a full response because we are still carrying out our investigation.When i receive the information i need i will write to you again this should be no later than the 14th April 2010. A full response has taken a little bit longer than we expected and at this stage you do have the option to ask the financial ombudsman service to review your complaint already 1 step ahead why does this not surprise me yet another fob off letter hopefully the financial ombudsman service will see that barclays are a bunch of crooks and sort this out for everyone anyone else had this letter?

Good Morning Daniel

Kind regards

Kelly Round | Customer care |

Check your Advent contract terms because my Access contract states that my contract with them will terminate immediately if they go into liquidation so any dates on there or length of time should no longer be valid. That contract is terminated and CT need to draw up new ones

You should look at the facebook group 'support Group for Fraser McKenzie students' after a number of people contacting the Financial Ombudsman, Barclays Partner Finance has now started sending out letters saying they are going to cancel the loans and refund any moneys paid. But this only seems to happen if you are pers...istent in writing to BPF and/or if you contact the FO. I suggest everyone in this group does this, if you want get BPF to give you your money back and cancel your loan

So this isnt anything to do with advent? or our situation?

It seems strange that even though the advent contract states that if they go into liquidation their contract with us ends.. computeach are writing that they will hold you to the terms of this contract.. ie the length of time to study.

I think as you point out.. a new contact would need to be made between computeach and the student.. I would not think the advent contract is enforceable in any way

Hi I have finally registered with CAG forum, after reading it regularly for weeks. I have been sending letters to BPF and I have contacted CT re: whether the replacement training is like-for-like.

The main two new developments I have had today are:

Computeach have got back to me telling me that I have been mistaken in thinking that I have unlimited time to complete my training. The Advent salesman certainly got me there, because I was convinced that the whole deal was open-ended, but now I actually look at the enrollment form it looks as though the contract comes to an end in October this year. Do I feel stupid for trusting salesmen without reading all the small print!

Next thing is that BPF have told me that I am in arrears with payments which I don't understand, as they froze the account at my request, while stuff is sorted out. I have not canceled anything with my bank, and I was told that they would send me a letter to advise me when repayments were to restart.

I would really like to get some assistance from CAG, can someone advise what I should do from here? Like everyone else, I am really not wishing to resume training with Computeach, especially now I find out that I would only have 6 months to complete virtually the entire course.

Taken from Fuzzbutt's email from compucrap

The workshop days are completely optional. They are there as an additional support measure for those students who need it.

We provide you with software that allows you to take practice/mock exams all the way through your programme. Before you go in for your ‘real’ exam you will take an official online mock exam where the results come to ourselves. Should you pass that, we book you in for the real one. We set a passmark of 90% for this, which is higher than you will need for your actual exam. The reason for this is we want you to be totally confident that you will pass when you go in for your exam. Historically we have an 85% first time pass rate. That has increased since we introduced this system.

At the end of the 12 months, if you have not completed your studies you can extend your training at that time. You do not have to subscribe for another full 12 months, you would continue on a month to month basis until you have completed it. Obviously we encourage you to maintain your studies so that you don’t pay any more than you need too.

If you fail an exam, we don’t cover resits unfortunately. However, with the system we have above, that shouldn’t cause you any problems as we want you to pass first time!

With regards to the careers department, we can’t guarantee you an actual job as we are not the company that will be employing you. We can guarantee to get you interviews lined up however.

Taken from their website

IT qualifications

Certification fees included............ But if you Fail then you pay for resit

85% first-time pass rate..............A min ago they saying 90%

Places may be limited .................They're tryng this one too

Look at Facebook Legal Action against Computeach

"Google Computeach Complaints" their present students experiences are full of what they were told that after they signed up didn't match (Sound Familiar)

I wouldn't believe anything that Compucrap or BPF tell me on the phone they will tell you what you want to hear I will not be so easily fooled

"Fool me Once"...

And why are they referring to the Advent contract it was Terminated when Advent ceased to trade.

And why are they having to ask what course you're on or have they just got a database of our names and addresses.Like anyone can get

From CT's same website

IT Support Professional Training Course

Flexible training to suit you

You learn A+ and MCDST skills at your own pace......Take ur time but hurry up

IT jobs available for Support Professionals................implying they got them

We'll help you find your first IT job - earn up to £26k p.a..implying they give u

Fantastic value

Max. £5 per day for CompTIA & Microsoft qualifications........Sales Trick

They're contradicting themselves again :lol:8) Why are their students seeking legal action against them? why are their accounts Dormant?

Edited by Bluedo

I have not actually been told that the course was mis-sold, as that would presumably put the original contract under dispute.

Email sent to me today said:

"Good afternoon Tim

Thank you for your email.It is unfortunate that you have been led to believe that there is no contract end date for your Advent training course. Having reviewed the Advent terms and conditions we would draw your attention to Clause 4 which outlines the fact that the services will be provided to you throughout the “Term” of your contract. The terms and conditions contain definitions of the “Term” and the “Contract Period”.

In the absence of documented evidence to support a claim of an open ended contract I’m afraid that we will not be able to support you free of charge beyond the contract end date that we have already stipulated."

And obviously I don't have documented evidence of the course being open-ended...

Edited by Timage
loads of mad code, from copy-and-paste!

Can I just add that if you refer to Advent or Computeach or Barclays Partner Finance ..to use correct spelling.

when people.. in the press for instance google the names of these companies they will see our forum and they can read all about how we feel.. they wont see it if names are not spelt correctly.

one of the things that is working for us here is exposure.... its all negative publicity for these companies and they will have to spend hundreds of thousands to conteract the negative advertising that we give to these companies.

I have not actually been told that the course was mis-sold, as that would presumably put the original contract under dispute.

Email sent to me today said:

"Good afternoon Tim

Thank you for your email.It is unfortunate that you have been led to believe that there is no contract end date for your Advent training course. Having reviewed the Advent terms and conditions we would draw your attention to Clause 4 which outlines the fact that the services will be provided to you throughout the “Term” of your contract. The terms and conditions contain definitions of the “Term” and the “Contract Period”.

In the absence of documented evidence to support a claim of an open ended contract I’m afraid that we will not be able to support you free of charge beyond the contract end date that we have already stipulated."

And obviously I don't have documented evidence of the course being open-ended...

Did computeach quote you start and end dates and course details?

A very good point from 10pack about using the correct and unabbreviated names of Barclays Partner Finance, Advent Training and Computeach when adding posts about this appalling treatment of hard-working people wishing to better themselves!

Computeach are unable to provide much in the way of details of the computer & IT training they will be providing me with, until I register as a student with them. Naturally I am a little reluctant to register with Computeach until they can provide me with details about the training, and also the terms and conditions.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks