Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And yes I think that Barclays will still want to be paid the full amount you borrowed.. after all they gave the full amount to advent up front.. they want to be paid.. they do not want to lose money.

As I wrote before I know of no other business that operates by screwing their customers like the banks do.. and for so little effort.

At least when you go to McDonalds you get what you paid for.. plastic burgers and really hot coffee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ask the bank for a copy, (I did) and they sent it to me

Cheers for that will contact them. :)

Also i need to get a copy of my enrollment form, I take it Computeach will have all of these things now?

Does any one know if there is any way possible to get copy's of our credit agreements as i seem to have misplaced mine.

I think Advent would have a copy of all the necessary documents but as its now Computeach will they still have all our information on file?

I dont think computeach have much information on us.. only our names and email address and such.. thats what they brought from pfk.. barclays only told us they had found a replacement when computeach brought up the assets from advent.. barclays have done nothing except help sell our souls to computeach.. bet barclays even gave them the money to do it

surely though with the huge price difference bpf cant expect us to serioulsy pay the 5,000 that most of us are even before all the interest.....even if we had to take extra time the course is still cheaper?

thats basically the arguement! We shouldnt have to pay anything, and it should be in the same terms and conditions as advent..otherwise they're not holding their end of the contract.

Does any one know if there is any way possible to get copy's of our credit agreements as i seem to have misplaced mine.

I think Advent would have a copy of all the necessary documents but as its now Computeach will they still have all our information on file?

If you go here http://consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter and use the Consumer Credit Agreement Request template, send that to the people who OWN the debt, so BPF if you used them or whoever was the loan provider.

And yes I think that Barclays will still want to be paid the full amount you borrowed.. after all they gave the full amount to advent up front.. they want to be paid.. they do not want to lose money.

As I understand it from some comments way back, that was not the case.

They kept back a percentage of the money to cover unhappy customer - S75 issues. Obviously what they held back will not in fact cover the disaster that they themselves have contributed too.

David

As I understand it from some comments way back, that was not the case.

They kept back a percentage of the money to cover unhappy customer - S75 issues. Obviously what they held back will not in fact cover the disaster that they themselves have contributed too.

David

Its not what I was told by the guy I spoke to at Barclays.. he told me they had paid the full amount upfront to advent.. and I was only signed up about half way through December.. just at the time Barclays pulled the plug.. why they agreed to arrange my finance I do not know.. they must have known at the time what they were about to do?

I got no training and they have had 2 payments from me January and Febuary.. I put my account on hold in early March so they took that as well.. but gave it me back when I complained about it

Its not what I was told by the guy I spoke to at Barclays.. he told me they had paid the full amount upfront to advent.

Experience has shown that they have said just about everything to different people at some point or other. To be fair to the 'grunt' on the phone he would not be aware of the contractual arrangements.

I got no training and they have had 2 payments from me January and Febuary.. I put my account on hold in early March so they took that as well.. but gave it me back when I complained about it

Now that is interesting - they are clearly feeling a little more fragile than they would have us believe.

David

Taken from Facebook

I know i'll probably get dogs abuse for this, but as the husband of a former employee of Advent, i'd like to tell you all that its Barclays that you need to vent your understandable frustrations, not Advent. Barclays pulled the plug on YOUR finance giving 6 weeks notice rather than the 12 months they were contracted to do. They refused to release funds that were owed and despite advent submitting 5 different business plans in attempt to keep trading and provide you with the courses you were promised, Barclays refused again and

Not that I'm defending Advent with that but I'd like to know what % Advent got in this deal and when did BPF send the money was it really upfront cos all you hear about is Advent moaning they never got it all at once so did BPF send instalments so much released as the course progressed

Yet the whole contract is based on this fact that Barclay has paid the money upfront

But what proof do we have that's what happened when Advent are saying Barclays never did that they were supposed to have kept money back for when this happened so it shouldn't be a problem for them to give back the money :)

Edited by Bluedo

Hi all, Seems i may have made a mistake. Maybe someone here can help me.

Firstly you all know the situation advent bust - barclays find computeach.

Well obviously before signing anything you want to speak with the new provider but seems you cant unless you verify your details with them and theyll " assume you wish to carry on training with them ".

I sent them an email asking questions and got an automated response saying that no q's can be answered until verfied.

So i verify (hence why i think ive made a mistake).

Secondly Advent sales rep (Tony Baitson) told me before i signed any contracts that " the course gives you unlimited time to work at your own pace and acheive the qualifications you are working todwards" his exact words. Computeach are saying that in Advents contract it gives you two years

"Term - means the period starting on the contract start date and ending on the earlier of the date when you pass the final certification examination which forms part of your course and the date two years from the contract start date ("relevant date") unless the initial term is extended as set out in paragraph 10.2 when the releveant date shall be the date of the end of the extended term"

There must be something to catch them out with any help or advice welcomed with greatest appreciation.

By the way i just wanna say to everyone at CAG and its members, your all doing a fab job.

:)

in regards of releasing money to advent by BPF - the contract states that you shall be notified about advance payment date in writing (someone was mentioning it some 3 000 000 pages b4) - I need to admit that I have received an account statement when BPF have charged me for the first time (DD) and it DOES show Advance Payment to Advent - 4950 pounds.

I very much doubt that they payed the whole lot upfront! Normally would be in installments/after course completes

Some arrangement would have been in place.

BPF obviously considered they could manage risk however:

Student loans are a high risk area. (not looking for an argument, that's the way it is.)

They then deal with companies who's service standards have been said to be questionable.

They then provide a high risk product: BNPL with nothing to pay for a year with a high interest rate on the back end, that charges that rate back to the signing date if not cleared.

I can only imagine they then found they had got their sums wrong.

David

Hi

I am too in the same situation as many of you!!!! I paid my loan off with Barclays by taking another loan out at a cheaper rate, but I still have 3 years to pay on it. When I was SOLD the computer course I never got told that I would only have 2 years to complete it. I am currently at the MCDST module and therefore have approx. 7-8 exams to complete and been told I have till the end of July!!!!!

HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO DO THIS I DON'T KNOW!!!! I was also told that the course was at your own pace as I work full time.

Is there anything we can do to get the 2 year issue lifted?

Hi, always charmed and Bluemoon,

Thing is these contracts have been sold by salespeople misrepresenting the facts everyone has been told take as long as you need there's no time limit resit any failed exams as often as you need to at no extra cost. Hurry up and sign cos there's limited places,In as little as 3 months time you could be in an IT job making lots of lovely money so hurry and sign don't miss the chance of a lifetime.

The Truth None of the above We;ve been conned and now have to stick together to fight this and as Cashins says maybe they are feeling a bit fragile

they gave me a copy of the cca without having to pay £1 mind you they'd have a cheek taking another £1 on top of £11k but wouldn't have put it past them they're watching their back

Hi

I am too in the same situation as many of you!!!! I paid my loan off with Barclays by taking another loan out at a cheaper rate, but I still have 3 years to pay on it. When I was SOLD the computer course I never got told that I would only have 2 years to complete it. I am currently at the MCDST module and therefore have approx. 7-8 exams to complete and been told I have till the end of July!!!!!

HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO DO THIS I DON'T KNOW!!!! I was also told that the course was at your own pace as I work full time.

Is there anything we can do to get the 2 year issue lifted?

Bluemoon, i have read and re-read the advent contract, and unless you havea different from me no where does it state a time limit.. even on the front page that states a start and end date there is nothing written,

AS far as im concerned if it isnt in any contract then they cannot hold me to it.

This is a clear ' like for like issue'..... we all went with advent with the promise that we had no time limit and given that no contract states this and cant see hoe bpf canstick us with this,

Bluemoon, i have read and re-read the advent contract, and unless you havea different from me no where does it state a time limit.. even on the front page that states a start and end date there is nothing written,

AS far as im concerned if it isnt in any contract then they cannot hold me to it.

This is a clear ' like for like issue'..... we all went with advent with the promise that we had no time limit and given that no contract states this and cant see hoe bpf canstick us with this,

Some post back someone wrote they had a start and end date on their enrolment form.. I posted mine it was different to his.. bigger.. with more sections on it.. but I had no start or end date on it.

But the guy at advent did mention that what we were paying for was 2 years worth of training and support from them.. but I have not seen this in writing unlike the other poster

Bluedo did you say that you were from Scotland? I remember someone saying that anyway! If that's the case we surely have an excellent get-out clause for the not being like-for-like. I was told by my salesman that the exams were all local and the workshops, although very beneficial, were entirely optional. If this had not been the case there is just no way that I could have contemplated travelling the 730 mile round trip more than once or twice a year. How many trips of this length would CT be expecting me to do in year??? Impossible when I work full-time! :eek:

Incidentally Thanks to everyone on this site for help and advise - especially site team (percentage of my refund will definately be coming your way!) I have just sent my first letter of complaint to BPF (thanks to all whose suggested content made it so much easier) and made an enquiry via Consumer Direct. Do I need to do anything else other than wait patiently for Martin's expert advise?

Edited by GillyBee

Hey guys

Considering getting a credit card with barclays, paying off my loan with it and then basically refusing to pay back the card with obvious reasons and letting them take me to court or whatever lol, anyone know the implications of this? only a civil offence right?

This whole length of course/contract issue is a bit of a nightmare but from my understanding of the deal with Advent was that there was three years support for my course (the ADS) and this support could be put on hold whenever you wanted and for however long you wanted - essentially meaning that if you didnt need help from the mentors you could put it on hold whilst you studied on your own then start it again once you were back to needing help, thus extending the three years support for as long as needed. And this support did not apply to a time frame in which exams could be taken, course days attended, etc - as with everyone else on here I was told that there was no limit to the time in which these could be done and no further financial outlay. I met a dude on my first course day that had been on advent's books for two years already but had literally only just picked up his books to start studying and there was apparently no issue with this at all from Advent's end.

My contract with Advent does not have a start or end date on it either which in my mind solidifies this argument.

I have no argument that my payment plan with BPF was over a certain length of time and I was happy to stick to it whilst I was receiving the service I was paying for but now, with this situation and with Computeach's way of doing things, S75 applies in full as far as im concerned and not just based on this single argument, even though it should be enough!!

Edited by DonnieB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks