Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's nice to see some more people joining in, but please take the time to read the thread. I know it's quite lengthy but there is a lot of information and advice, including the letter(s) Martin is writing and how to get added to the list.

To donate, click on the button at the top of the page that says "Please donate to help keep this site alive" or one of the signatures which says "Have we helped you? Please help us by making a donation".

On another note, last week I received a letter dated the March 25th (I think) saying that my new provider is CT. However I received a letter yesterday dated April 1st which refers to my earlier letter (request for a refund and cancellation) and they are investigating my complaint, expecting to contact me again by April 15th as they are still unable to answer my complaint. I'm not sure if they're pulling some sort of April fools joke or just slow at picking up the complaints letters lol.

I expect another letter soon advising that they have resolved with CT being the new provider.

hi giys, just wondering if there has been any update on the letter situation... Shall i wait for martin to draft one or shall i send my own whihc wont be as good?

On another matter i know some people have been asked to start repayments... i have not been asked yet... where do we stand on NOT paying them?i really dont wnt to and i dont even have the money to anyway?im concerned i will then be in breach of contract and get myself in trouble.

Hi Yasmin, I was wondering that too, so I just called the FOS and asked them to clarify. They said that it would be up to Barclays and that they could not enforce the bank to keep the account on hold. Not paying could have an affect on your credit rating.

So it would be best to call/write to Barclays to request that the account is kept on hold until the dispute is resolved.

Bludeo What would you recommend I do, my situation is I don't have any payments to be made up untill December.

1. I don't want Comp Teach

2. I have written a complain to Barclays I never got a reply.

3. I emailed fonzo or someone about the laywer or that guy who was kindly going to be representing us all ? and asked Please can you include me in this '' Problem To-Be Solved '' Issue with the hole Advent thing.

I'm reading new posts here.

Oh I recieved the CompT letter through the post today.. Telling me to Log onto there website, and confirm.

Not doing.

I contacted Barclays 2day and was on the phone to em for about 30 mins, spoke to someone from the customer relations who was really no help, but said computeach is the provider and to try em and if there is any problem then raise the issue wid them.. I explained to them that computeach was one of the providers i didnt want to choose at first cause of the negative feedback from current students, and said if i really wanted to chose computeach i would have done at first and not selected computeach, and they are indeed not a like to like provider as all there workshops and exams are based in dudley, where wid advent the exams could be taken locally for everyone.

I have sent out 3-4 letters to them since this whole mess started but not recived no letter for an explantion regarding my complaint.

I have requested them to reply to my letter in writing, so then atleast i will have a written statement for which hopefully i can keep hold of and give em to FOS, as soon as.

The lady said there is no way what so ever, we would be getting any money back as they have found a new provider, i explained they are crap and many reasons to why i dont want to expect them, so why should i be slapped in my face wid a provider i dont want to be wid...

ITS MY MONEY !!! I Shouted !! Its me money ! i Want it back !!!!!

hi guys just spoke to computeach the msca and mcse costs £1679 for a year contrcta. Thats way less than advent.... surely thats not right ??how can they put us on a course thats cheaper and expect us to pay more

hi guys just spoke to computeach the msca and mcse costs £1679 for a year contrcta. Thats way less than advent.... surely thats not right ??how can they put us on a course thats cheaper and expect us to pay more

its totally different to advent, its like a phone contract, someone pointed out on earlier posts. How you can expect to complete an mcse in a year with no experience i'll never know

Hi, I contacted the ombudsman the other day, they have sent me a letter explaining they have contacted BPF and to wait for them to contact me regarding my initial complaint. The only thing is, I sent my complaint to Glasgow and the address the OS has given me is for cardiff. Does anyone know who I should be sending my complaints to...... Cardiff or Glasgow???????

I was wondering what will be Barclays choices if you refuse to contact computeach??.

I for one will not authorise Barclays to give money to computeach in my name.. if they give it.. then its out of their pockets they can take me to court.. I am out of work.. I will sign over all my worldy possesions to someone else.. what will they get?? at least in the nick I can apply to do a degree course and its all paid for :)

and just think what it will look like on the news and media networks.. Barclays make billions and still finds time to hound an out of work student.. will look good on the front page of the sun :)

Bludeo What would you recommend I do, my situation is I don't have any payments to be made up untill December.

1. I don't want Comp Teach

2. I have written a complain to Barclays I never got a reply.

3. I emailed fonzo or someone about the laywer or that guy who was kindly going to be representing us all ? and asked Please can you include me in this '' Problem To-Be Solved '' Issue with the hole Advent thing.

I'm reading new posts here.

Oh I recieved the CompT letter through the post today.. Telling me to Log onto there website, and confirm.

Not doing.

Hi, Nail-em-2 The Wall that's what I'd like to do to them for giving us all this hassle.

There's not a lot I can say at the minute till we get some information from the site team.

Hi to all the new people please click the" Red Triangle Report Button" under your user name and enter your situation in the pop up box only the site team see this.

Have a read back at some previous posts that may help to clarify where we're at. (or confuse you more):)

its totally different to advent, its like a phone contract, someone pointed out on earlier posts. How you can expect to complete an mcse in a year with no experience i'll never know

surely though with the huge price difference bpf cant expect us to serioulsy pay the 5,000 that most of us are even before all the interest.....even if we had to take extra time the course is still cheaper?

Hi Everybody.

I am new here and after spending hours reading through all the posts could someone please give me some advice as i am now confused.

I took out a open ended mcse course in april 2008 on the 1 year defered payment finance through BPF which was in my dads name after the year was up my dad paid the finance off in full just to save the interest charges.

apparently even though the finance is paid off we are still a BPF customer.

I have also received the letter and e-mail from compu-farce that i have not responded to as yet.

Could anyone tell me what i should do next.

i am no longer in the position to study even if i wanted to so if there is anyway of getting some money back count me in.

i will donate a percentage of any money we can get back.

surely though with the huge price difference bpf cant expect us to serioulsy pay the 5,000 that most of us are even before all the interest.....even if we had to take extra time the course is still cheaper?

they want their pound of flesh and dont care where it comes from.. look what they did with the finacial crisis.. they made the mess with their corparate greed and everyone else has had to pay.. this situation is no different.. Barclays changed their business model and we are the ones who have to pick up our lives after the decision.. and they go home and sleep soundly :mad:

they want their pound of flesh and dont care where it comes from.. look what they did with the finacial crisis.. they made the mess with their corparate greed and everyone else has had to pay.. this situation is no different.. Barclays changed their business model and we are the ones who have to pick up our lives after the decision.. and they go home and sleep soundly :mad:

I cant believe that they are withing their rights to make us pay the full amount advent charged when compteaches course are more than half the price!!!surely this si not right

I cant believe that they are withing their rights to make us pay the full amount advent charged when compteaches course are more than half the price!!!surely this si not right

I think that comes under the interpretation of like for like.. if they really had to pay for the same as advent.. it will cost them much more.

And if you notice with computeach their business model is payments on a yearly basis.. I bet that the money paid by BPF will only cover for the one years worth of study

Does any one know if there is any way possible to get copy's of our credit agreements as i seem to have misplaced mine.

I think Advent would have a copy of all the necessary documents but as its now Computeach will they still have all our information on file?

but with references to prices it is only cheaper with CT if you complete the course in 2/3yrs, what if it takes longer???? I have been studying for 1 year and have not passed the first exam yet, does that mean it's gonna take me 5/6yrs to complete???? if it does then computeach will charge for the extra time, making it much more expensive, if you look at it that way!!!!

Does any one know if there is any way possible to get copy's of our credit agreements as i seem to have misplaced mine.

I think Advent would have a copy of all the necessary documents but as its now Computeach will they still have all our information on file?

Ask the bank for a copy, (I did) and they sent it to me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks