Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What I am saying is that Advent aren't going to be refunding the money direct to us, or via the credit company we borrowed the money from. It looks like some people might have something in the initial agreement that covers them for what has happened and may be lucky enough to continue the course with another training provider or possibly get a partial refund. But it seems that most of us will lose our money.

Well Sorry, I got your point, But Stay Calm, Everybody maybe get something, I hope all of us can, I just start the curse and I was going to take my Essentials Exam now in Febraury, So I'm screw up ass well with them! and my money I don't Know in the end, But for me is not Nice to get another Provider ( maybe Advent with another name) I better Cancel This now :)

Sorry Bro, No problems.....

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 mill funds where did this go.?

That when to the Big Sharks Pockets, or maybe they expended in the Strip Club, I don't know how they can Be off Business now.... with all that Students! 6000, And That is an Aproximate... Guys let's Pray for this one :)

We just need to be heard out, most of the high up people nowadays believe it or not, look on Youtube and Facebook and Myspace as they are the multimillion websites which do make a difference, life changing matters even! I just hope we all get heard out, i'm going to advertise the link all over.. The high ups have to see there are ALOT who's affected, hopefully it will make a difference for us all.

How did you pay?

I paid via a the Advent advised loan with Barclaycard - the one with 0% finance for a year... I'm going to check all the paperwork when I get home tonight... My company's legal department are also going to look it over tomorrow.

I paid via a the Advent advised loan with Barclaycard - the one with 0% finance for a year... I'm going to check all the paperwork when I get home tonight... My company's legal department are also going to look it over tomorrow.

I presume that is different to a Career Developement Loan with Barclays.

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook heres a group.

@whitie666 on there other company, they used this company just to build up there other company, successful. very smart move of them.

If you mean Access 2 Trade, that's gone too. Offices were sealed up when I went there this morning, as well as those of Advent in Hagley. These companies owed the company I work for a lot of money, and we tried to retrieve our stock that hadn't been paid for but both buildings just have a small note stuck to the door with the same text as used in the announcement on the website.

I wonder if the 6000 students figure being banded around is only the IT students - if so, the final figure could be significantly higher with the Access 2 Trade students added in.

Edited by DanCML

Hi,

I was a training advisor at Advent (please dont give me abuse, I am in a orrible situation too). We had no idea what was going on until we were laid off on 18/01/2010 and have pretty much been kept in the dark until about 18:00 27/01/2010.

We will pobably not be paid this months wages or guaranteed lay off pay or the overtime we were more or less made to do the week before this happend.

I would like to give you some advice. Please get your Barclays finance agreement out and ring the number on there. The finance was withdrawn by Barclays and your finance for your course unless you paid cash is with Baclays not Advent. Barclays should offer to refund you any money paid or switch you to another training provided to complete your course.

If you have paid cash you will have to wait for the insolvency practitioner to contact you in writing and you will have to fill out a claim form and keep your fingers crossed just like us staff.

I wish I could help you further but we actually found out from the Adent website before anyone even bothered to text us! Talk about last to know......:-(

I have given Kevin (the creator of the Facebook Group) the Public accounts record for that company, last filed 31-March-09, makes me wonder where all that profit went, Andrew the Director RAN OFF WITH IT THATS WHAT! and has left us in a big pile of ****

Check it out on the Facebook page for details of there Profit vs Loss ect

Join the group help get yours and our money back :D

Hi,

I was a training advisor at Advent (please dont give me abuse, I am in a orrible situation too). We had no idea what was going on until we were laid off on 18/01/2010 and have pretty much been kept in the dark until about 18:00 27/01/2010.

We will pobably not be paid this months wages or guaranteed lay off pay or the overtime we were more or less made to do the week before this happend.

I would like to give you some advice. Please get your Barclays finance agreement out and ring the number on there. The finance was withdrawn by Barclays and your finance for your course unless you paid cash is with Baclays not Advent. Barclays should offer to refund you any money paid or switch you to another training provided to complete your course.

If you have paid cash you will have to wait for the insolvency practitioner to contact you in writing and you will have to fill out a claim form and keep your fingers crossed just like us staff.

I wish I could help you further but we actually found out from the Adent website before anyone even bothered to text us! Talk about last to know......:-(

Would it be worth me ringing Barclays as my Partner Finance loan has already been paid. Is there a chance of me getting my money back?

I also have barcleys partner finance and after just speaking to them quite bluntly about the situation they have, A) froze payments until the end of march B)promised to find a replacement training provider C) assured me if the problem has not been resolved by my next payment due date, they will cancel the agreement and refund what I have already paid. I asked for them to confirm this in writting which they said they will send out to me. I advise everyone else in this situation to do the same. Rember to quote them on part 3 of there contract. "3) If the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplier has gone out of bussiness, you may still be able to sue us. Make they know you are aware of this as are the thousands of others in the same prediciment and that we will act on this.

In the same situation as everyone here. I've paid the full amount and there is no way in hell I'm going to lose my money....and i've only been on the course for 2 months!!

I'm from London. If anyone knows who I can call to get this some more publicity for around here let me know. :(

The Government should do something but they're too concerned at the moment with destroying themselves over the Iraq thing or bettering themselves for the election. Although they could use this an election standpoint?!

Having read everything on all the forums i suppose i am a little bit lucky to be with Barclays as they will do their best to find alternative training, if not then abolish the remaining loan.

Last night I was more than depressed! This morning I was angry but now the whole thing is out of my hands so...

maybe the best way to get over this is to let the finance people sort that side out and then tell yourself that you will succeed in the face of adversity. I will postpone my exam for a few days to get my head round this but I for one will not give up on my dreams it has been too long for me to give up now. I'm not going to let the downfall of a money grabbing company get in the way of my dreams!!!

There are 6000 of us in this situation so lets rise above this terrible thing that has happened to us and not give up, lets prove to the doubters that we can still do this and let nothing knock us back. Let's all be strong, we are still on the right track for our careers and we can walk over all the collapsing companies in our path to get to where we want to be!

I really wanna drink to my sorrows but can't coz i'm on bloody anti-biotics haha I emailed the story to the Sun, Mirror & Guardian.

Chin Up Guys & Girls!!!!

I also have barcleys partner finance and after just speaking to them quite bluntly about the situation they have, A) froze payments until the end of march B)promised to find a replacement training provider C) assured me if the problem has not been resolved by my next payment due date, they will cancel the agreement and refund what I have already paid. I asked for them to confirm this in writting which they said they will send out to me. I advise everyone else in this situation to do the same. Rember to quote them on part 3 of there contract. "3) If the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplier has gone out of bussiness, you may still be able to sue us. Make they know you are aware of this as are the thousands of others in the same prediciment and that we will act on this.

thanks alot for this, will do this first thing 2mmrw morning and hopefully i will get the same response that you did. I am quite happy to walk away from it, i dont want them to find another provider, think this situation has put me off it altogether.

In the same situation as everyone else.

Had an email back from Mentor five hours before the announcement with no mention of anything wrong. Now getting no reply from anyone at advent.

Got the same Barclays agreement as Andrew9 posted above, does anyone know a good number to get through to Barclays on?

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks