Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A BIG GLOBAL CLAIMANTS FIRM HAS OFFERED TO REPRESENT EX-ADVENT, ACCESS2TRADE and PROPERTY PROFESSIONALS STUDENTS ON A NO WIN-NO FEE BASIS AGAINST BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE.

The representative action will cover BPF clients with different circumstances such as those in arrears on their loans and now paying charges, those still paying back loans by direct debit, those fully paid off, AND those who have frozen accounts now but are still part way through their repayments.

Edited by HSBCrusher

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have also just been sent this email danton, I will try to contact them tommorrow or just wait for them to contact me.

Does anyone know if i have lost my £5k, I only got through half of the 1st book (A+ Essentials) as i have been in and out of work since November 2008 when i started the course.

Hi,

I have also received this email. I am worried it may be a [problem] as there is no professionalism to the email, it is very blunt and straight to the point with no contact name/numbers or anything??

I would want my money back either way, i have had no support from them, and as like luke100390 i have been in and out of temp roles due to redundancy since Aug 2008 and am only on stage 2 as a result.

Will be interesting to see where this goes!

Hi All,

I too have just received the same email from Advent. I paid 6K for the ultimate package and I'm very upset by this announcement.

We'll have to wait for a few days to hear what they've got to say. Otherwise the only next step to take is legal action. I'm not even sure if we'll get our money back for a company that's in insolvency!!!

Fingers crossed.

ps. Keep us posted.

Mike.

Had the same e-mail folks, and checked the website and it's confirmed on there. Been on the MCSE course for just over 2 years now and am absolutely fuming about this! £5k and god knows how many hours of my time down the toilet by the looks of it! :mad::mad:

I've got a feeling there are many, many more people out there in the same boat. NOT GOOD!

Well.. i cannot believe this, this company as messed me up proper, i gave 4 months of not going to there courses studying there book, been with them for 2 yrs.. nerly did my compati a+ and they now are going bankrupt, leaving me with a 6k of debt(1000pound interest)

Called up my Career Development loan, they told me, they sent it to the debt collectors and it's nothing to do with them no more.. and i'd need to call up the debt collectors as they have been looknig for me since april 2009 which the interest is going sky high, as i was on a downer and said the course was too hard so they automatic stopped the whole course pending for payment and made me pay in april 2009.

Which has gave me a extra 1000 ontop of my Debt!

What a lovely day this has been! I feel i've been pure messed over!

Called up Debt Advisors, i'm screwed big time, im going in partner ship with my mate in IT which is going to go down the toliet over this.. going to bring us down hard. I learned nothing from that course AT ALL!

I dont get why we should have to pay for something which has ended, they said i have as much time as i need to do it in my own pace!

Hey all,

I have just found out that Advent is going bust, im really scared now as I got Finance through them with Barclays to pay for the course, with Advent going under, I guess im still liable for the money even though they didnt deliver all the training.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle things, im going to contact the bank first thing tomorrow and explain to them what has happened and see if they can help out, but i think that might be fruitless..

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi All

I have had this message too, not really sure what to do really, i looked at the hierarchy of payouts, doesn't look too good for us clients, we are bottom of the food chain, for all those who paid by credit car you should be ok, check the link out posted by oldbuscuit.

Thanks Nic

Hi Guys

I have just signed up to this forum to let you know that I have been to Kidderminster yesterday and today for the A+ workshop and at 5 o'clock when we left today there was absolutely no signs from any of the tutors or anyone there that anything was wrong.

I suppose they were probably told at the same time as we were about the situation but they must have known something about the problem.

I was gutted to return home to find this email and until I checked the website, i was convinced it was a [problem].

I will do the same as you guys tomorrow and ring to find out the situation.

Hi

I am going to ring Citizens advice see what they say, but if you look at the documentation that was initially issued with the very first little reading material in the folder, it does state that "this document is provided as it, without warranty of any kind...." the way i read that it is not liable for anything

Nic

hi guys,

i got the email earlier today too, so gutted considering all the endless hours i've put into this. I tried to grab hold of my agent who sold the course to me and i've learned he's moved to another office in Manchester, (failed to get hold of him) he guaranteed my money would be safe when i questioned him about how the company was ran, the recession etc.

I've already paid the fees back in auguest (6K) and now i feel totally robbed, surly they must of known this was coming? Lets see what they have to say tomorrow. Keep us posted guys.

I will wait for a few days for Advent to give their account of the situation before I start seeking legal action. Meanwhile, I'm just searching on the Internet for free legal advice and more info.

Situations when companies go insolvency is always a tough call.

Hang in there STOPMYBEAT. We're all in the same boat. This is my second time that I've made a poor choice. First it was with ICESAVE (lucky I was compensated) and now this??? Unnecessary stress.

Please keep us posted.

Hi all,

Yep in the same boat and I have felt totally let down by the company since day 1. I did not ever feel as though the training material was worth the money I paid let alone getting nothing from the best part of £5k. A relative paid this off for me to pay them back so going to seek advice to see what can be done. To be honest it doesn't look promising. As and when the administrators do contact us there looks like there will be very little money left. Keep hassling them for a reply so we can at least know where we stand then take it from there.

Everyone please keep up to date with what you find

hi all im in the same boat, was waiting to sit my other exam for the a+ was wondering why they wouldnt give it to me, would of cost the more money, i cant believe this, i have nothing to show for 5k plus interest!!!

funny how we do this so we can get better jobs and have more moeny and the complete other side has happened rubbish job and more debt!!! amazing !!

i tried ringing and no answer on any number, how can a company chargin this much money for each person happen???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks