DWP Letters

Life-Goes-On
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does the DWP backdate the date on their letters?

As won my appeal for DLA on 18/01/10, so on Monday 25/01/10, I phoned (6.15PM) regarding the progress .

Was told that the decision hadn't been received from the tribunal.

Today a letter arrived from the DWP saying that they have received the decision, and to fill out some forms.

I noted the letter was dated 22 Jan 2010.

So either they are backdating letters, or giving out wrong information.

I`m pretty sure that they backdate a successful claim to when you applied for the claim pack. You may have noticed on thr front, usually handwritten, the date the forms were issued and when they should be returned by/ I got over £700 backdated when I got mine. Good luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

That didn`t really answer your questions on letters but it should not matter.

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

hi,

The date was printed, it not the benefit amount that I'm questioning, it's what I was told on the phone.

If the date was correct, then when I phoned on the Monday, I should have been told

that they had received the decision.

I don`t think that they move that quickly but you should get a letter soon hopefully giving you an award backdated

Tribunal decision was probably recieved on 22nd and being worked on by a decision maker. the details are then entered on the system when this is done.

When you ring you go through to the call centre who can only see what is on the system. I imagine that the Dm would not have enetered your outcome on the system by the time you rang on 25th but is entirely possible the letter was produced on 22nd