Talktalk - do I need to renew contract?

rafob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I subscribed to Talktalk in July 2008 on 18 month contract for 'phone & broadband "Talk Global Anytime" which has now expired, and they are now asking me if I would like to renew for a further 18 months and, if so, they'll offer me a "loyalty bonus". When they rang me it wasn't convenient for me to talk so they said they would ring me again to discuss details. Now I'm wondering if there is any onus on me to renew or can I just let things stay as they are. Apart from 1 issue with them on overcharging (resolved thanks to CAG!) I'm reasonably happy. Can I just leave things as they are without tying myself up for 18 months? I'm wary of being caught out by an apparent "good deal" which may turn out to be not so good after all. Any advice would be much appreciated - I'm currently unemployed and on very low income and can't afford any "Nasty" expenses!!:confused:

Leave it as it stands, they are trying to lock you in for another 18months. If you stay as you are then you can cancel at anytime without penalty as you have fufilled your obligations to TT, if you renew and then have to cancel they will come after you for terminating the contract early.

• Haha 1

No. Your contract does not 'expire' - indeed nowhere does it state is is a contract only of that duration. What you are referring to is the completion of your minimum term, which is an additional obligation on the contract you agreed. This term (only) has expired, whilst the contract will continue as before. You now can give them 30 days notice of your intention to leave and NOT pay any additional penalty.

• Haha 1