Private tenant home getting repossed by bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:(Im a private tenant and have just been informed my landlord has not been paying the mortgage on the property.in 2 weeks time if my landlord has not sorted anything out with the bank they will start procedings to reposses the property.I need some advice from someone i need to know how long will it take before the bank take the property and put me and my family out.I have 2 young kids and i am on benefits.

ann from falkirk:cry:

In some circumstances you may be protected from eviction,such as if the landlord's mortage lender must recognise you tenancy agreement,this might apply if it was a buy to let mortgage,the landlord asked his lender for the right to let,you were a tenant before the mortgage was granted ect.

In these circumstaances you might be protected from eviction,unless the leander gets a separate court order against you.This is a complexed area of law/contract and you should seek advice from the likes CAB, SHELTER , Or a legal aid solicitor

You need professional help NOW do not delay!!!

THE LAWS IN SCOTLAND DIFFER FROM ENGLAND AND WALES!!!

Edited by lawdoctor

Thanks for the reply i am going out today to try and get to see someone from the cab office.My landlord says this is a private matter and he does not want to discuss it so i cant get any info from him on what kind of mortgage he has and he keeps asking me for the rent which is due at the end of jan,but i paid him a deposit and there is no mention of that either.i have wrote a letter to my landlord last night and will post it in his letter box today saying i wish my deposit back and a letter of notice so i can then go to my local authority and try to get somewhere to live from them i am hoping i am doing the right thing but i dont want to give him the rent untill i know where i stand legally.

ann from falkirk

:(Im a private tenant and have just been informed my landlord has not been paying the mortgage on the property.in 2 weeks time if my landlord has not sorted anything out with the bank they will start procedings to reposses the property.I need some advice from someone i need to know how long will it take before the bank take the property and put me and my family out.I have 2 young kids and i am on benefits.

ann from falkirk:cry:

You should be protected from eviction, check the terms of your lease, and seek help from such as CAB,

or Shelter, you may have security of tenure and therefore, you cannot be evicted without a court order and that can take quite sometime.