• Tweets

• The max speed limit in the UK is 70MPH, there are not exceptions. 
    • Does he admit he was the driver, and agree that he was doing that speed (or close?). Was the NIP combined with a S.172 request to identify the driver, and if so, has he returnrd the form identifying the driver?. This would still need to be done (if he doesn't they may run out of time to prosecute for the speeding, but a S172 prosecution will only lead to a worse outcome, not only in terms of fine and licence revocation but also an even worse effect on insurance premiums in the future).   If the speeding has no defence: Band C fine, and disqualification (7-56 days) or six points, on first glance of the Magistrates Courts Sentencing guidelines https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/speeding-revised-2017/   However, for "driving grossly in excess of the speed limit the court should consider a disqualification in excess of 56 days", even before:   https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/explanatory-material/magistrates-court/item/road-traffic-offences-disqualification/8-new-drivers/   "Drivers who incur six points or more during the two-year probationary period after passing the driving test will have their licence revoked automatically by the Secretary of State; they will be able to drive only after application for a provisional licence pending the passing of a further test (Road Traffic (New Drivers) Act 1995). An offender liable for an endorsement which will cause the licence to be revoked under the new drivers’ provisions may ask the court to disqualify rather than impose points. This will avoid the requirement to take a further test. Generally, this would be inappropriate since it would circumvent the clear intention of Parliament."   So, the likely outcome is a band C fine, 6 points and thus automatic revocation of his licence. That is provided they are just prosecuting for the speed (and not considering careless or dangerous driving........)
    • I think I read the other day that sadly some people have caught Covid in hospital.   Also that people have gone in for non-virus reasons and when tested have turned out to be asymptomatic but positive.   I don't know where they're counted.
    • not a lot he can do sadly esp as <12mts new licence holder?     Speed Enforcement Guidance.pdf
    • Apparently around 23% of those in hospital 'with' Covid are not there 'for' Covid but for other reasons.  I'd like to think this is one reason why the numbers of hospitalised cases among the vaccinated can seem high.  Does strike me as a ridiculous way of reporting the figures when they're trying to overcome vaccine hesitancy.  Feeds anti vaxxers arguments.  
  • Our picks

Bryan Carter 2 ccj's 1 debt

nick49

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i had a credit card with egg and to sut a long story short didnt pay, the debt of around £2300 was passed to Bryan Carter to chase. they registered a ccj against me on the 21/05/07 this was not for the full amount but for £315 which i paid on the 13/9/07. i didnt contact them to pay the remainder although they did leave messages on my mobile, then on 19/12/2008 they registered another ccj against me for the remainder of the debt £2158 which i've made 2 payments towards. someone at work told me that they cant issue 2 ccj's for the same amount is this right?? and if it is how do i sort it?

thanks for any help you can give with this :)

Have you got a judgement order from the court for this second CCJ? or did you just get a letter from BC stating that he had got it?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi, thanks for the reply, it was a while ago now but i do remember i did get the judgement order. when i got the first 1 i lived with my parents but moved out soon after, the 2nd ccj was also sent to their house, if i remember rightly i didnt get the letter til after the date of the court order as i wasnt going to my parents house much.

Are you absolutely sure that the Case Numbers aren't the same on both? Do you have copies of the court claims and orders?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ok, these CCJ's will have been obtained by default via Northampton bulk court centre, especially the second one if you had moved home. There is no manual intervention at Northampton BCC so if you don't defend the Claimant just applies for the judgement by default and gets it automatically.

You have a case for getting the second one set-aside, but you need to ring Northampton BCC give them both case numbers and ask for a copy of all the paperwork. When you get that back from them we will see what can be done.

hi guys,

thanks for the replies, i'm starting to feel better about the situation now. i didnt call the court today as have been so busy with work. will do it tomorrow though.

i know this may not be the best place to ask but am i right in thinking you can still claim back charges from credit cards? i'm thinking about claiming them back from egg, where this all started

thanks again

• 1 month later...

Nick, is there any update on this ?

hi,

sorry i've moved house recently (which has brought up other problems) so have not followed this up, i'll call the court tomorrow to get them to send out copies of the claims and let you know once they have

thanks,

Thanks Nick, it'll be interesting to see what the ccj's say. If they're both for the same debt then we need to get to work on sorting it out.

• 2 months later...

hi,

sorry for taking so long to reply, with moving house and having a new job i've just been so busy. and to be honest the thing that reminded me was when i got a letter from the court saying i had to pay or they would be coming round!

i now have a copy of both of the claims, they have different case numbers but under where it has bryan carters contact details it has the same reference number for them. on the first one under the particulars of the claim it does say 'the claimant claims £223, such sum being part of a debt due under an agreement number xxx (the agreement) whereby the defendant agreed to pay the claimant £2231.67 (the debt). For the avoidance of doubt in making this claim for a part of the debt the claimant does not waive any rights as to the balance of the debt, which the defendant continues to owe to the claimant under the agreement. The claimant reserves the right to make further claim for such sums of the debt as remain outstanding'

does this mean the are ok to give me 2 ccj's for the same debt? i have no idea. :confused:

any help will be appreciated :)