Weightmans/Equidebt

woods23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help advice needed.....I had a couple loans with Co-Op Bank some years ago and due to divorce and a husband who left me well in debt, I got a ccj. I was paying Heaton solicitors monthly when I next received a notice of assignment from Geoffrey Parker Bourne and told to send payments to them. A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from Weightmans saying I now have to pay them but have received nothing else no notice of assignment or anything. Do I continue to pay Weightmans? Also according Geoffrey Parker Bourne the other loan I had is also a ccj (dated 2007) although I never received any paperwork from the court, I have been paying it as I didn't know what else to do. Would it be too late to apply to have it set aside? :confused:

i will bump this thread see if i can get you help thats needed if you have any documents or letters from weightmans and parker post them on here but remove all personal details also if you have any summonses do the same post them on here remove personal details...use photobucket it is free ok

patrickq1

I can't see anything on my credit file re the other loan, but when I rang GPB they quoted me a court reference, so I'm not sure. Who will tell me if there is a ccj on the other loan? Also received a letter from Weightmans yesterday saying I have got 3 days to pay both accounts or they will have no option but to consider further action. What do I do?

I have seen this before with GPB. They say there is a CCJ but they appear to be the only people who know about it! The last time they said it to someone on this site, even the Court couldn't confirm it.

As half the world seems to think you should be paying them, send a CCA letter to Weightmans and explain that as you are being pursued by so many DCAs and solicitors that it amounts to harassment and unfair practice, you are paying noone until you know who actually has the debt and who is authorised to collet it.

I have a ccj for one of the loans so am I ok to say I am paying no-one until I know who ownes the debt, or will further action be taken and what would it be? Should I have had a notice of assignment from Weightman's

Hi

Weightmans have in the last 6 months or so started 'working on behalf' of Equidebt. Equidebt think that if they use Weightmans that you will pay up. If you CCA Weightmans on the basis that you don't know anything about the debt, see what they come up with?

They should have the docs necessary.

Last time I CCA'd Weightmans it took them 6 months to come up with docs from Equidebt that were the same as docs Equidebt had all along that were not enforceable. Very strange bunch as most of these 'big law firms' are.

Try not to panic.

Cups;)

I'm just worried with it being county court judgements that they will start taking enforcement procedures. I have already sent a cca letter and they say they have asked the original creditor to provide them, but I haven;t had anything yet. All I'm getting are letters every week asking me to pay them money with their bank account and sort code details and saying if I don't pay they will take further action.