Roxburghe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been contacted by these people but they won't even admit over the phone that they are a DCA. They have given me a reference number but will not say anything without me confirming various "security questions".

Does anyone know anything about these idiots?

Just ignore them do not speak to them on the phone, they are phishing.

Wait and see if you get anything in writing, just hang up, Don't send any letters to them with your address on it unless they send you anything in the post

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

your getting as bad as dca donkey hehe next you will be asking security question lol so we got another HFO victim they must have sent a postcard we have a package and they phoned the number....BIG MISTAKE

strab if you have a tape recorder switch it on and record every phone call if you receive more than two in a day you must then instruct trading standards about the harrassment...

patrickq1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies, sorry have been a bit busy at the moment. All I am getting now is the odd call on my mobile and a text message twice a week. Needless to say I am ignoring them, the only time I got a real person was the first time (caught me with a hangover) hence the constant texts.

The last time I got a call I just reminded them that telephone harassment is illegal and as they are concealing the nature of their business and the purpose of their call I had no intention of doing any form of business with them and I would visit their offices personally if they ever called me again. Needless to say I haven't had a call in person since.

you need to send the harrassment letter of the forum...personal threats will only defeat your objectives,

In this instance I don't think your suggestion is at the present time warranted, if all Roxburghe are doing is phishing by way of phoning then sending them a letter gives them two things, A/ Their tactics are working, the alleged debtor has contacted them and B/ Gives them an opportunity to engage the alleged debtor in written form.

Right now Roxburghe don't seem to have anything to go on at all.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

• 3 weeks later...

And they are advertising themselves asa a 'Great Success story'in the tracking of 'delinquent debtors'.

Delinquents themselves.... don't forget to report them to Trading Standards and the OFT for communicating in a misleading manner.

Right now Roxburghe don't seem to have anything to go on at all

it is regardless of anything to go on the calls need to stop and its appropiate to send the HARRASSMENT LETTER,otherwise there is no opportunity to present any sort of meaningful dialouge by using the harrassment letter you have responded in an apprpiate manner and also warned them that legal action may commence forthwith and also a complaint as sillygirl suggests gives you more weight when time comes to counterclaim or prosecute them...in the first instance when you respond on the phone for the first time they are not interested in anything you say besides how much do you pay...then the phonecalls begin so harrassment letter is the correct fashion,otherwise you suffer continious calls..so nip it in the bud straight away