See here for help with Vodafone credit defaults ***sorted ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently discovered a great big red default on my credit file from Vodafone Ex Singlepoint which I did not know I had until I discovered problems with getting a mortgage and even current accounts. Anyway I googled and found this forum and someone with a very similar problem as I. I purchased the mobile and sent it back and didn't realise it incurred £13 which then obviously defaulted. This was back in 2002 so obviously I didn't have the account details. BUT I found Lee from Vodafone who helped this person who in the space of a couple of days located my account and had the default removed almost immediately. I can't thank him enough but please please if you have this problem too contact him, hes a star :D EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Thanks too to Vodafone for understanding my situation and being so kind to remove the default for me.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=260000

Don't want to burst you bubble - but such a default was illegal anyway. They can ONLY disclose details up to a maximum of SIX years, so your 2002 default would have been removed from your file in 2008 (TWO years ago).

If it wasn't, then the CRA was in breach of the DPA, so I'd urge you not to thank Vodafone for removing a default that shouldn't have been there in the first place, but seek compensation for this major 'oversight'.

Hi Buzby

Thanks for the post, just to clarify the default was actually registered in July 2004 and the contract started in 2002, my apologies. The default was removed as a token of good will about 6 months earlier than the 6 year deadline. I hope this makes my post more clearer.