style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have seen this crop up a couple of times now, but can find no information to what it relates to, can anyone tell me what it is please?

This fee is NOT listed in the staatutory fee scale as laid down by Parliament and is a Redemption of Goods fee.

If challenged, many bailiff companies will respond to say that they are permitted to apply this fee on the advise of ACEA or ESA ( their trade body associations).

A "Trade Body" CANNOT authorise a fee to be charged . Any fee MUST be one that has been agreed by Parliament in a Statutory Instrument.

Ask the company for the EXACT clause within the regulations that permits this fee and it is important that you also obtain confirmation from the local authority IN WRITING that they are allowing it.

I am aware of some local authorities who have requested undertakings from their bailiff companies if they continue apply this "fee" of £24.50

Head H is a fee that can be charged by bailiffs enforcing Council Tax or Non-Domestic Rates. It can be charged if goods have been seized (or levied on) but payment is made before they are sold.

For Council Tax, it was introduced in the Regulations made in 1993. Originally it was to cover only the cost of advertising the sale but in 1998 this restriction was removed so that it could cover anything.