Global Dept Recovery Update.....

ukbigd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still been harrased by this bloody awful company,

Last week they sent me a letter informing me that they was willing to take a payment of £189.00.

Ignored that has it seems as if they wanted me to contact them and would be admitting an dept. So this week I have just received from them as follows.

Dear Mr Name.

We write to inform you that we now have authority from our client to proceed with litigation. Following any county court judgement being recorded against you, fixed court fees and solicitors costs will be added, which will significantly increase your dept. Upon judgment being entered, the following choices of action are available to enforce payment.

BAILIFFS WARRENT:

The bailiff may remove goods from your home to be sold towards settlement of your dept.

ATTACHMENT OF EARNING ORDER:

A court order may be instructing your employers to deduct money from your earnings before you receive it.

ORAL EXAMINATION:

You may be ordered by the court to attend a hearing and given full details of your financial circumstances. Giving false infomation or refusal to appear may result in a severe penalty.

BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS:

You may in certain circumstances be made bankrupt. We are now preparing your case for litigation. However, if you telephone us on 0208 336 7024 before 03/02/10 and arrange repayment of the dept, we will consider suspending any legal action.

Yours sincerely

Squiggle of an signuture

Litigation manager

Is this just an bog standed threat sent out when they are getting no where with an alleged debtor. Or is it time for me to contact them, Considering they have never proved I owe this dept or told me what this dept is about considering this is statued barred as its more then six years old they really have some nerve.

Edited by ukbigd

Of course prostitutes have baby's, Where do you think DCA staff come from...............

Their have been granted authority to proceed with litigation - Whoppee!! To do that successfully, and to even start dreaming of taking the acion they have so thoughtfully set out in their letter, they would have to show a judge documents that proves the debt exists, they have the right to collect and details of how they came to the figure they are demanding.

If you have asked for this rather important information in a proper way - a cca s77/78 agreement request - and they have ignored it then that provides you with a complete defence to any legal action they might take. They, and/or their client, might face a claim for costs if it goes the distance.

Presumably they have advised their client of this eventuality.

Thanks for your advice.

I am going to send this following letter off to them tomorrow.

Dear MS S Rallinson,

Mr J Bunyer,

Mrs C Bunyer

Global Dept Recovery Ltd

66-70 Coombe Road

New Malden

Surry

KT3 4QW

Acc/Ref No :00000000000

Ref No : 00000

RE: REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

I have received from you a threat of a Court claim by your Company. To enable me to file a defense and counter-claim, I require specific information regarding the account to be provided forthwith.

Given that this matter is now to be a subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below.

The information must be furnished by the 05/02/2010. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

IN RESPECT OF EACH ALLEGED DEBT CLAIMED, I REQUIRE:

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of any default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to it the account.

b. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

c. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account.

d. True copies of any deed of assignment and/or default notice with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

e. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

f. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

g. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

h. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

i. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

j. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

4. A copy of your complaints procedure, as required by the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to frustrate proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

Yours Sincerely,

Of course prostitutes have baby's, Where do you think DCA staff come from...............

And this one, Just for good measure:

26 January 2010

Global Dept Recovery Ltd

66-70 Coombe Road

New Malden

Surry

KT3 4QW

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No :000000000000

Ref No : 000000000

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

See what they have to say to these letters.

LOL, It might shake them up and make them think its not even worth trying to pursue this claim

No need to send the first letter, you haven't received a claim yet. They would just ignore it. But the second letter is definately the one to send. Make sure you send it recorded so you have a record it has been sent and, more importantly, received.

Nailpost, thank you for your input, Have you read the first letter has I have amended it from the original letter template.

"I have received from you a threat of a Court claim"

Been added rather then the taking me to court letter

And this one :

"Given that this matter is now to be a subject of legal proceedings"

I Have decided to show them that We are not all idiots and some of us will try to use the same tactics on them, Its called a double bluff.

I Know they are bluffing, And soon they will know that I know that they are bluffing,And more to the point they will know that I know that they know that they are bluffing.

• 1 month later...

Well they have not been forth coming with the prove of dept with the standard template I sent them with the quid postal order, But.............

I got this reply yesterday: Dear Mr............. Our client has instructed us in respect of the above account and we would appreciate your assistance by calling our information section on: 0208 336 7002

So they have not given me any information even though by law they had to. And was given so many days to do so,

I do not intend to phone them and I am considering sending them a letter in return informing them that I under advice have no intention of phoning them and all correspondence will be by letter so I have a paper chase to follow and have any and all contact with them in black and white for my records..

What do you think they are up to now by not supplying me the information and sending me a letter trying to coax me into phoning them.

dear sirs,

I refer to your letter of XXXXXXXXXX

unfortuneately i think the postman may have dropped the letter as it has a strong smell of bovine excreta about it

Perhaps you would care to write to me again and adjust your text to reflect the fact that i may have more brain cells than you give me credit for

Yours sincerely

What was the outcome?

I have global writting to me claiming I owe money to compaines I have never had any dealings with both are cetainly over 6 years old as anything after 2000 was part of my insolvancy.

I like the second letter template would you recomend I use this rather than the standard prove it letter?

What was the outcome?

I have global writting to me claiming I owe money to compaines I have never had any dealings with both are cetainly over 6 years old as anything after 2000 was part of my insolvancy.

I like the second letter template would you recomend I use this rather than the standard prove it letter?

I'd ignore them and carry on ignoring them to the point of them taking you to court then you can have the last laugh knowing that they have wasted their time and money bringing about litigation which they had no chance of winning considering it was included in your insolvency.

And keep all letters as it maybe needed as evidence because they cannot enforce payment as they say until you default on a CCJ.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

would they actualy bother to take me to court

Its taken me 4 years to rebuild me credit file and I am now only just able to aquire credit with a clean credit file, well defaults but all marked as satisfied.

I have no intension of paying Global anything but for piece of mind actualy want to know if indeed these debts are mine.

Since 1999 I have been on the electoral register at all address I have lived at and Credit expert say that there are no logged defaults with either of the 2 companies Global claim I owe monies too

cerberusalert

When I went Insolvent I had no idea of these 2 debts Global claim I owe

So they were never included in my bankruptcy

does this make a difference if Global intened to persue the debts they have obviously bought on the cheap.

I new nothing of them before I got the letter from Tower and called them last week and got the letters today

cerberusalert

When I went Insolvent I had no idea of these 2 debts Global claim I owe

So they were never included in my bankruptcy

does this make a difference if Global intened to persue the debts they have obviously bought on the cheap.

I new nothing of them before I got the letter from Tower and called them last week and got the letters today

It doesn't matter, your bankruptcy would have been advertised in the London Gazette & probably local paper inviting creditors to register a claim by a certain date, if the failed to do so they cannot claim at a later date. If you want to you can write to Global telling them to go forth and multiply quoting your insolvency reference number. ;0

or just write F**K Off on the letter and put it back in the post!!

It would make interesting reading what their response to a reply like that would be.

I wonder how many people are actualy paying Global money for debts that are barred and older than 6 years old, sold on the cheap by banks.

I hope that after I send a letter reffering them to my bankruptcy that they continue to write

I will then send copies off the letter I sent them along with a letter of complaint to the relevent complaints company

• 1 month later...

Well here is an update since last letter received From global, I have heard nothing from them, I did not send any letters regarding last one asking me to phone letter was dated 12 march,

So that's nearly two months. Mind you I don't blame them, I sent the letter to one of the directors using her actual name rather then the post box they gave has their address.

And with the template I got from here they must have figured I had done my research and my next letter was going to be the statued barred letter

So I hope thats the end of the **** sucking antics regarding myself. So thank you one and all for your much needed advice and help......

Edited by ukbigd