• Tweets

• You can only push 'you need to give us what we want or we will sink the ship' for so long .. especially when they just carry on sinking the ship anyway
    • I bought a glass washer for my pub, went off recommendations for a good local company and the supplier came out to do a site visit to see which machine would be most suitable. Spent just short of £3k on the washer. Since installation I’ve not had one clean glass, the supplier has been back a few times to adjust settings and then said we needed a water pump, so we bought a water pump through them to increase the water pressure to help the final rinse.  Still no clean glasses (glasses have rinseaid residue on them so they look very streaky)  Tried more settings, swapped the machine in case it was a faulty machine.  Still no clean glasses. I got in touch with the manufacturer, as by this point the supplier (distributor of the manufacturer) was ignoring my calls/ messages. They sent an independent engineer out to site to see what the issue was. Independent engineer identified we don’t have enough water flow for this machine - that in actual fact we needed a different kind of machine that stores water for the final rinse rather than using it from the water pipes (bit like a toilet tank) Original supplier said ok we’ll swap the machine out but we’ll only give you 80% back for the water pump as it’s now second hand (had it about 5 weeks because they told us we needed it) and the new washer will also cost more (I can accept the new washer is more as it’s a pricier model)  All agreed. Invoice sent, although I wasn’t happy about the water pump. Next day I get another invoice - the manufacturer sent the supplier/ distributor an invoice for the independent engineer, the supplier/ distributor has now sent it onto me (£350) and said if I don’t pay it he’ll no longer swap the machine. So…where do I stand? He’s the ‘expert’ that did a site survey and sold me a machine that isn’t suitable for my site I was never informed of a potential fee for the independent engineer. When the invoice landed for it I asked when he informed me of this, his response was ‘well I’m telling you now’ (after the event) claiming because there is nothing wrong with the actual machine and it’s an issue with my water supply I have to pay. If I don’t pay I’m left with a machine that isn’t suitable for use and down nearly £3k. I called the manufacturer and they said they won’t get involved, but they apparently did tell the supplier/ distributor they would charge him for the engineer if it wasn’t a fault with the machine. The invoice is from the manufacturer made out to the supplier/ distributor not to me.  Where can I go with this? Distributor agrees they should have been aware of the water flow when they did the site survey, but says they’re having nothing to do with it and it’s between me and the supplier to sort. Supplier started making threats on the phone saying if I tell other pubs he’ll take legal action and that he’ll only swap it all out if I accept less for the water pump and pay the independent engineer fee and pay more for the new machine.
    • UB, I don't see the EU agreeing to remove the sea border as things stand because they want to support Dublin, who are still members of course.   The same three options are still there - border in the Irish sea - land border on the island of Ireland - membership of the SM and/or CU   Johnson and Frost are trying to take options they don't have.
    • look at the Australia deal ..   It will devastate the smaller farms that cant compete with larger size, lower regulation Australian/Argentinian farms the size of UK counties with few food or employment regs.   Why would a countries 'own' government agree a deal that drives their own nations businesses to bankruptcy ? .. Unless a rich few take over and consolidate all the UK farming as a few mega-farms under lower regulations.. probably under holding companies in tax havens ..    
    • Deliberate policy of agreeing a deal that was less than ideal, just to get Brexit done. Then to start moaning about how the EU were being inflexible and playing games with peace in Northern Ireland, in the hope that the EU would agree to changes to the arrangements.    The EU and UK Government are fully aware that this is all just game playing, but it is pretty dangerous to play, when there is still only fragile peace in Northern Ireland.   When you read that Ireland is less dependent on trade with UK and is now importing more from EU countries, you start to realise that EU goods could well be going through Irish ports and ending up on shelves in Northern Irish shops. Meanwhile the border down the Irish Sea is enabling EU customs checks at Northern Ireland ports to be enforced slowing down that trade route.    You wonder what is going to happen. UK is obviously banking on the EU agreeing to remove the customs border down Irish Sea or actions that have the same effect.            
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

False address and no signature on logbook

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a van I needed to scrap and was going to ring around yesterday. It's already SORN and has no tax. Anyway, I was about to ring around, completely by chance a fella knocks on the door asking for metal.

So i tell him I need to scrap it and he's offers to take it off my hands, for exactly the same amount as I had already been quoted.

He popped back today to pick it up when I was out and I had asked the missus to ensure she got the details for the guy were on section 9 of the logbook as it was going to the scrap yard.

The chap said he couldnt read or write, so my missus filled in his address. She didnt get him to sign it and gave him the keys and he's towed the van away and taken the remainder of the logbook.

Guess what, the address also doesnt exist.

So I have no address and no bloody signature. I also have no van, which Im not bothered about. What do I do here, just send the section anyway or is this really going to come back to haunt us?

Anyone with any insight here?

you sure he didnt sign it, really sure ? :p lol

id send it off to them, if dvla come back to you for tickets/tax etc dont know what you could do if you dont.

How did you find the address don't exist and what made you check?

You should have insisted on some form of mark as a signature - it is acceptable.

I decided to check the address as there wasnt a postcode on the one he gave.

Of course it needed a signature, it's written on the form. Unluckily for me my wife obviously doesnt read and so just gave him the log book or asked for his mark!