RigOMortis v BOS ** WON **

rigomortis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been a silent member now for 6 months but have not had the bottle until now to proceed with the 1st step of requesting all statements available.

I sent the Data protection Act Disclosure letter on Mon 7th Aug to the local branch of BOS and received a letter from them on Fri 18th Aug stating that, there is a "£5 statement charge" and that no action will be taken until authority is given to debit my account by this amount.

I have now done this and now awaiting the statements to arrive. I will keep you all posted.

Regards

Riggy

Welcome ! and good luck, although reading a lot of posts on this site I doubt if you will need any.It's not about luck, it's about getting back what's rightfully yours.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Well!!!, awoken this morning by a constant flood of envelopes coming through the letterbox. This is gonna take some time. Had brief look at statements from 2000 and immediately see £15 charge for account maintenance for being £1.23 over my O/D limit. The battle has commenced folks.

Riggy.

Good luck

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Totalled it up now...£1035 over 6years,however as I'm in Scotland I can only claim 5yrs, so the amount is £845. Letter is prepared and I will be sending it tomorrow by Registered Post to BOS in Dunfermline. I will keep you posted.

Riggy

• 2 weeks later...

**Update** received the usual blurb regarding looking into my claim sorry I have a problem ..blahdy blah...will get back in touch within 4 weeks...yawn. Anyway, the 14 days I gave them are up on Thurs 14th.

Getting ready to send the LBA. The battle continues.

One question though.....If the account is in joint names, can one person put the claim through, or do both names have to?

Riggy

• 1 month later...

An update for those interested. After a period of inactivity, mainly due to work pressure, I've finally made the last push. I received an offer of £165 for full settlement from the bank, which I have kindly accepted as part payment, after no response, today I handed in my claims form to Kirkcaldy Sherrif Court along with my £39, which the clerkess found ironic when I paid using my BOS debit card:)

Here's waiting

Oh well, looks like I'm the only one contributing to this post:rolleyes:

Today I received papers from Kirkcaldy Sherrif Court with a return date of 26th January 2007 and a Hearing date of 2nd February 2007. Also received a reply from BoS confirming that they won't be paying me any money...there's a shocker!!:grin:

Now into the final stages of the battle.

If anyone's reading this, has anyone actually had their bank account stopped?

Totalled it up now...£1035 over 6years,however as I'm in Scotland I can only claim 5yrs, so the amount is £845. Letter is prepared and I will be sending it tomorrow by Registered Post to BOS in Dunfermline. I will keep you posted.

Riggy

take the to an english court and use the Halifax head office. you can get the full 6 years that way. This is whta I am doing.

have fun

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Too late for that now, already going through Scottish court system.

Al, 5yrs if it's the Scottish court system. Good luck mate.

well you could alway maximise the hassle to the bank by going for the other year in England after they have paid out in Scotland. It would give them another court fee and time etc so would give you another round of satisfction. But I am just really bitter and want them all to get hit by as many for as much as possible.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Riggy,

Bos waited until my return date before one of their lawyers phoned me to make sure I had received their full settlement offer(that day).I think they were worried they might have to go to court.I forgot to add the interest in my claim, but phoned them after they had settled and they put the interest into my account, very helpful.

Best wishes, keep us posted.

Scott.

ps Hope they get in touch with you soon.

Riggy,

Bos waited until my return date before one of their lawyers phoned me to make sure I had received their full settlement offer(that day).I think they were worried they might have to go to court.I forgot to add the interest in my claim, but phoned them after they had settled and they put the interest into my account, very helpful.

Best wishes, keep us posted.

Scott.

ps Hope they get in touch with you soon.

Maroon, when was your return date? Also, I thought you knew my name!! then realised you're called Scott too:)

Will keep everyone updated

Riggy,

My return date was 3rd October 2006 and hearing date the 10th October 2006. As I said before I got their full settlement offer(through the post) on the 3rd and they phoned me the same day, just to make sure. At first all they put into my account was the £720 I had claimed, I had not calculated my interest before I made my claim so I wrote to them asking for my interest and court fee and it was in my account the next day. I was in Edinburgh Sheriff Court today(13th November) and the guy said my next claim would have a return date of the 23rd January 2007, longer than I had to wait before but I think its for christmas holidays ect. I made a few mistakes on my new claim, (summary cause) so the guy sorted me out, but I shall have to re type some things. Then I think I'll just post them to the court with a cheque for the fee's.

Best wishes

Scott.(that's me)

• 2 months later...

**Success** Quick update folks and some help required. BOS have until tomorrow Thurs to respond to my Court Action. On Monday this week, two payments were made into my current account which totals all the money I'm claiming including interest:) However I've had no communication from my bank. What do I do now? Do I contact the bank, contact the court, contact both or do nothing and just enjoy my money back and make a contribution to this fantastic site

Since my last post, I received a letter in the post from BOS to confirm that they had settled my claim in full + interest + costs, £927.00 Yipee!!:D

Will be making my contribution to the site for all the great advice.

My advice to anyone just starting out.

If you think it's going to be hard work and you're scared at the thought of court action don't be. It takes a little bit of time and effort and be prepared to start court action, however as with my claim, it stopped just short of court action. The bank claim they are settling because it would not be cost effective for them to fight it even if they won.....aye right.

Good luck all.