Currys (Matsui) Telly on the Blink- Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

need a bit of advice as to where i stand here please.

As yet i haven't done anything about this as wanted some help first.

I bought a telly from Currys three years ago. I paid £1000 for it. After six months the screen started getting shadows on it and so had to get the screen replaced. (Currys did this at no cost as it was still under guarantee).

This last week i have noticed the screen has quite a big line that goes down the right hand side of the telly. I want this repaired as it is so annoying now that i have noticed it.

By now you probably know what i am going to ask, what is my legal right to ask currys to do this for nothing? Is their anything in the sales of goods act to help me on this one?

From what i have learned, a telly should have a 'lifetime' spam of between ten and fifteen years.

I don't believe that a telly i paid £1000 for has served it's purpose as, as i have said, it has already had the screen replaced once already and now looks as though it needs another one. I have all reciepts for it ie when i bought it and when the screen got replaced.

I would be very grateful for your feedback on this and thank you in advance for your help

Thanks Andy

Andy...

Are you saying that they should repair it then?

I have a feeling though that when i phone them they will try to fob me off.

Any legal jargon to throw at them would be nice if you could help me please.

Thanks again

Andy...