What happens next? N1 against easyJet presented

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, a briefish history of my flight cancellation & subsequent application to easyJet for refunds, but my question is, what happens next? The court pages online are pretty vague! I would like to know if I have to do anything within any timelimits, or whether I now just leave things to the courts? Many Thanks!

I am taking easyJet through small claims (form N1) because of a Malaga/Bristol cancellation on 18.12.09

My plane was cancelled with 8 hours notice due to staffing levels NOT bad weather (Although the weather did turn snowy later in the day, other airlines were still flying Malaga/Bristol.)

I went to the 'claims' section of the easyJet website, filled in all relevent info. I asked them to refund my taxi fares (hotel already dealt with efficiently by easyJet, but only because I was at the airport many hours before check-in, I can speak Spanish & got chatting to a kind member of staff who personally OK'd my request for accomodation, and booked me onto the next morning's flight.) I also asked for excess parking charges incurred at Bristol to be refunded to me. I had all receipts & relevant documentation.

First thing that happened was I got an e mail at 0115 on Boxing day (bear in mind many people wouldn't use their e mail over the festive period) stating I had 72 hours to reply, or loose my right to claim from them. Luckily I got to my e mail just in time, so complied by answering some more questions and telling them I intended to see my claim through, so would appreciate it if they stopped putting ridiculously short reply time limits on their e mails. I then got a stream of e mails asking me over & over again everything I had already filled in online, plus a whole lot more (again with the 72 hour limit attatched).

easyJet refused to pay back my taxi fare, saying I didn't have destinations written on the receipts. I pointed out that the fare was the minimum to & from Malaga airport. HOWEVER, I went back to Malaga on the 31st Dec and got photographic proof of the minimum fare from the official documents on the insides & outsides of the taxis as a backup.

They also said they were not responsible to pay excess parking incurred because they are a 'low-cost' airline (Clearly, they think they don't have to play by the same rules as other airline companies.)

I was cross mostly because of the refusal to pay my taxi fares, so I let the parking go, and pursued them for the taxi fare alone. I got no response from about 5 seperate e mails I sent them, and had spend HOURS waiting for them to answer their extortionate phone line to no avail. By now I was getting quite infuriated at their rudeness, especially as they kept giving me '72 hours to respond' or loose my right to claim from them. I investigated a little further on the net and found they DO have a responsibility & duty of care to pay my taxi, and I was also entitled to a £250 (approx) cancellation compensation, food & refreshment allowance and telephone (communication) costs. They also should have given me written proof of my entitlements to care, which they didn't do (Article 14 of EC regulation No 261/2004) so had, in effect, broken the law.

So I sent a special delivery letter of complaint, stating what I wanted refunded and on what grounds, along with all proofs I had of costs incurred to Andy Hamilton CEO of easyJet, but, although it was signed for, I got no reply at all.

I was so cross at their blatent rudeness and refusal to pay what began as a polite request for £30 to cover my taxi fare, that I decided to take the claim to small claims and listed between £150 and £500 which I think easyJet should refund me, not least for inconvinience caused.

I am currently waiting to hear back from the court, but am guessing easyJet will not respond to the court, as I have seen so many times on the complaints about them on the web.