Nationwide Credit Card application - I am a little confused (as usual)!

tartanblood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested a copy of my credit agreement for my Nationwide Credit Card and I have been sent 2 pages.

The first page is a CREDIT CARD APPLICATION FORM and just states if there is an additional card holder,

if I want a classic or comic type picture on the card,

if I want card protection insurance and

then it asks to sign and date the credit card declaration overleaf.

On the second page it is headed CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 and states

a) when you open your account we will tell you your credit limit

b) you must pay a minimum monthly payment of 5% of the outstanding balance

c) the APR for each card is 14.9%

There then follows some more information about interest on purchases, missing payments and charges etc

and then my signature dated 8.2.2006.

The first page is quite easy to read but there is no point posting the second page as I need a magnifying glass to read it.

Does this constitute an agreement?

I am thinking that whenit is taken to court could I defend on the basis that some or all of the points that you make in your 'enforceable credit agreement information' are not present.

Any advice would be appreciated Thanks.

Sounds like it's enforceable but without seeing the document it is very hard to offer conclusive advice.

Have a look at these links which may help you understand the enforceabilty of the paperwork (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

Thank you, I have checked out the sites that you suggested. How does the fact that the first page was an application and then the second page an agreement work out? I am sure that this will go to court and if there are any loopholes it would be good to know. I have attached the application and agreement.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I cannot help you as Im new myself- I posted similar docs fro m A+L now MBNA- I waited ages for an answer, so I pressed the triangle

Dont take it personally- people on here are really helpful and sometimes posts can get lost

S