Congestion Charge PCN - How many days to file notice to me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just been sent a PCN for a congestion charge that I didn't pay. (I travel in to London 2 days a week and always pay, I must of forgot!)

The date of the offence was 09/12/2009 and the date of the PCN issue is 18/01/2010. That's 40 days after the date of offence... but they have the cheek to say I have to act within 14 days!

Is it not like a speeding conviction where as they have to notify you within so many days of the offence.???

Also they spelt my name incorrectly... even though it's correct on my logbook!

Thanks in advance for any help.

They don't have a time limit for CC. If the name is wrong you have 3 options,1 ignore the notice and pretend its not for you and they will just go to the next stage anyway 2 write back stating the person on the PCN does not live there and they will just re issue the PCN or 3 just treat it as if it is correct.

OK... but it seems a bit unfair that we have to do all these things within so many days and they can take 40 days to issue a PCN! I will pay online then.. :-(

Probably because they have thousands to deal with and have to check the photos match the computer info, check payment has not been made, contact DVLA for driver details and issue a notice all you have to do is post a letter back.

I do have sympathy for you whilst I agree with the charge the ' £60 penalty' is ridiculous. I can see the logic in parking penalties as they are a deterent since its not possible to catch every 'offender' so being fined puts you off doing it. However its impossible to avoid the charge if you don't pay you just get charged through the post at an over inflated rate. Unlike parking you cannot gamble on not getting caught so anyone that gets a penalty must have entered in error or forgot to pay.

If I drove into London I don't think I'd have a clue about going about paying it, that's asuming I even knew I'd been in an area covered by the CC.

I wonder how many non-Londoners get caught simply because they don't understand the system.

If I drove into London I don't think I'd have a clue about going about paying it, that's asuming I even knew I'd been in an area covered by the CC.

I wonder how many non-Londoners get caught simply because they don't understand the system.

It is well signposted you'd have to be blind to miss the cameras and signs. I think the problem most people have is forgetting to pay, paying for the wrong day or giving wrong vrm when they do pay. Another mistake people make is realising at the last minute they have reached the start, going past the cameras and driving out again thinking no one will notice.

It is well signposted you'd have to be blind to miss the cameras and signs.

OK, I'll believe you that I would have seen the signs

I think the problem most people have is forgetting to pay, paying for the wrong day or giving wrong vrm when they do pay.

How about, "OK, I'm in the CC zone, what happens now? do they send me a bill? do I have 14 days to pay? where/how do I pay?"

Another mistake people make is realising at the last minute they have reached the start, going past the cameras and driving out again thinking no one will notice.

Understandable

• 6 months later...

Dear All,

I just realised that I've missed making payment for congestion charge by a day.

Is there any means I can use to try and initiate payment and use that basis as ground to not receive a PCN?

I've called the hotline and they said that there is nothing I can do but wait. Isn't that rirculous as I'm genuinely wanting to pay the charge but tfl is more interested in the fine!!

Kindest regards,

Andrew

If they did want a dropped kerb in that location, they would have to do some major works to relocate the drain. You can't have wheelchairs and pushchairs coming off the footpath and wedging a wheel straight into a drain cover! Most likely, they would locate it 5 or 6 feet further from the drain. IMO this cannot constitute a "dropped kerb" access.

If they did want a dropped kerb in that location, they would have to do some major works to relocate the drain. You can't have wheelchairs and pushchairs coming off the footpath and wedging a wheel straight into a drain cover! Most likely, they would locate it 5 or 6 feet further from the drain. IMO this cannot constitute a "dropped kerb" access.

Wrong thread old chap!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Wrong thread old chap!

Hmmmm well I was viewing the right thread when I posted it!! I think this new software screen is play up:?

Please can I have the old screen back now :p