Fredrickson International - Help, Please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, had three letters in the post today from fredrickson INT demanding full and final payment in the next 10 days of my RBS acc.

This acc. was on hold pending the Supreme Court decision however I have now recieved a letter from RBS telling me how they were right to charge £45 for bouncing a £3 DD. 8-)

Am I ok to send RBS the Govan Law letter?

Any advice appreciated, I have done a search but I couldnt find anthing that seemed to answer my question.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

what goven law letter?

Can u please link the letter into here. Thanks.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Govan Law letter: Govan Law Centre: Unfair bank charges: free help to amend existing complaint letters

[*Example letter to bank with amended grounds

of complaint for consumers with outstanding

complaint(s) with their bank]

[iNSERT YOUR NAME]

[YOUR ADDRESS]

[DATE]

[iNSERT BANK’S NAME]

[bANK’S HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS]

Dear Sirs

Unfair overdraft charges – request for refund for [iNSERT YOUR NAME, SORT CODE, and ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I write further to my outstanding complaint concerning unfair bank charges applied to my current account which had been placed on hold pending the Supreme Court test case of OFT v. Abbey National plc and others [2009] UKSC 6.

Although the OFT lost this case under regulation 6 of the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 (UTCCR), the Supreme Court stated that this did “not resolve the myriad cases that are currently stayed in which customers have challenged Relevant Charges” (para 61 of the court’s judgment). In particular, the Supreme Court made it clear that “it remained open to question whether bank charges were fair” in relation to regulation 5(1) of the UTCCR (para 80 of the Supreme Court’s judgment).

Accordingly, in consideration of my request for a refund, and in light of the Supreme Court’s judgment, please ensure that you have regard to the following amended grounds of complaint:

(1) I seek a refund of overdraft charges (with interest thereon) applied to my current account because these charges were unfair in terms of regulation 5(1) of the UTCCR as –

(a) your charges were set by reference to the overall costs of providing current account services to all of your customers rather than the costs incurred by my individual conduct which occasioned bank charges;

(b) at no time have you ever informed or adequately explained to me, that I would be paying bank charges in order to cross-subsidise the costs of providing the vast bulk of your customers with ‘free if in credit banking’;

© your charging structure was designed or created the potential for rolling or multiple charges, with charges and interest being applied and/or occasioned by ‘charges on charges’;

(d) the way that charges were imposed and accumulated in terms of your charging structure was unclear, unpredictable and complex; and

(e) the main providers of current accounts in the UK operated a similar charging structure to you, and in so doing restricted market competition, resulting in my inability to obtain an alternative current account with a fair charging structure;

(2) Separately, I also seek a refund of overdraft charges (with interest thereon) applied to my account because these charges were unfair within the meaning of section 140A(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for the reasons as set out in paragraph (1)(a) to (e) above, and in relation to the following additional reason: your charges were excessive in relation to the level and/or cost of the borrowing which triggered these charges.

Please note this is not a template letter as my letter contains specific factual information which relates solely to my personal circumstances. I would ask you to have regard to the following examples of detriment which I have suffered as a result of your unfair and punitive charges:

[iNSERT in your own words bullet point examples of how bank charges have affected you personally – for example you may wish to discuss how charges resulted in personal hardship; not having enough money to pay bills or buy household essentials; or resulted in you being unable to pay other direct debits; or how they placed you into a cycle of debt resulting in difficulty with paying your rent or mortgage, for example. Essentially, explain how the charges impacted on your life and that of any dependents or partners, for example].

Please refund these charges to my account within the next 7 days. I reserve the right to commence court proceedings without any further notice, and to seek an additional award for distress and inconvenience, together with legal expenses.

Yours faithfully

(signed)

[* DISCLAIMER

This letter is provided for illustrative and information purposes only. In using any part of this letter the user agrees that he or she shall obtain their own independent legal advice, and accepts that they shall not treat or use this letter as legal advice. The user accepts that any use of any part of this document is done at their own risk and subject to the terms of this disclaimer. © Dailly & Co., Solicitors at Govan Law Centre, Glasgow, 2010].

Mods, feel free to remove this if it breaks any rules -. fullyBANKcharged.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

I cant see why not either and thats for the letter will ammed as and where necessary.

I am assuming that we can bullet point that the point out that the charges were not negoated to each and every customers financial circs?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.