Anger as Government says people heavily in debt can pay off bailiffs with credit cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Spamheed no matter what I say you will never agree. :rolleyes:

I don't see where I decried your post, nor disagreed with you in any way at all, if you say that the majority of an HCEOs warrants are business related then I would defer to you immediately as it is not something I have any knowledge of at all.

I merely asked the question: that if business related warrants are a speciality of the HCEO, what are you as an HCEO doing trolling a consumer debt site?

surely that expanse of knowledge gained from pursuing business debt would be far better served on a forum serving that sector as it would be far more likely to be relevant than it is here, and you as (allegedly) an HCEO would be less likely to keep dropping the spanner as it were

Certainly. I have read lots of posts and do have sympathy with the situations people find themselves in. I don't mean to sound uncaring at all and my posts relate to my situation only... Just thought it would be an idea to post from the perspective of someone who is 'on the other side' of this and equally frustrated! :Cry:

Rob

There are of course simpler methods such as third party debtor orders, I'm sure it wouldnt take too much effort to find the bank details of the offender and costs (at £100.00) are immediately recoverable...... assuming they have any cash in the bank

Lets not encourage and line the pockets of HCEO's for the sake of it no matter how badly you may have been treated.

Gez

Spamheed no matter what I say you will never agree. :rolleyes:

Hi HCE

Guess you remember me from another thread,as you know I prefer to see all posts and take a balanced and objective view.

For what its worth I cannot and will not advocate the use of HCEO's in matters of an individuals debt as there are alternatives to the fee bearing regime of that office.

However......... what is your stance on the use of credit cards for settling court judgements?

Having viewed many forums there appears to be an overwhelming percentage of those in a financial mess, would not the HCEO's and the lenders position be one of perpetuating fraud if it could be shown that the debtor was already in a position whereby they could not service their debts?

Do you believe that legislation would protect the HCEO in such circumstance?

Thanks

Gez

Rob is using an HCEO and you'd be wrong Caro.

Most judgments that are enforced by HCEOs are against businesses, usually on behalf of other businesses.

...Then Rob is clearly misguided!!!

Can't believe it. Listen Rob don't use an hceo, because they will only rip the debtor off! The debtor is paying them a stack of pointless fees and that will put more stress on the debtor, this is clearly a no brainer?

Cash that could be going to you is going to the hceo for doing v little, so issue a Stat Demand instead. You can do this yourself at no cost other than printer ink.

Edited by danboy381
typos

Hi HCE

Guess you remember me from another thread,as you know I prefer to see all posts and take a balanced and objective view.

For what its worth I cannot and will not advocate the use of HCEO's in matters of an individuals debt as there are alternatives to the fee bearing regime of that office.

However......... what is your stance on the use of credit cards for settling court judgements?

Having viewed many forums there appears to be an overwhelming percentage of those in a financial mess, would not the HCEO's and the lenders position be one of perpetuating fraud if it could be shown that the debtor was already in a position whereby they could not service their debts?

Do you believe that legislation would protect the HCEO in such circumstance?

Thanks

Gez

I personally do not have an issue with defendants using credit cards to pay their judgments. The money is owed to a creditor that is out of pocket, so if borrowing is the only way to pay it then so be it. As always, the newspaper article has used the highest APR rates for their headlines.

Payment is a byproduct of the HCEO carrying out his duty. It is at the request of defendants that payment is taken by credit card. Remember, payment is only made to prevent the HCEO removing the goods they are sent there to remove.

...Then Rob is clearly misguided!!!

Can't believe it. Listen Rob don't use an hceo, because they will only rip the debtor off! The debtor is paying them a stack of pointless fees and that will put more stress on the debtor, this is clearly a no brainer?

Cash that could be going to you is going to the hceo for doing v little, so issue a Stat Demand instead. You can do this yourself at no cost other than printer ink.

Rob, wouldnt listen to this guy too much. You've only got to read his posts to see what type of person he is.

You have chosen the best route for your case. Please keep us informed of any developments.

Good luck.

Mmm. I simply do not think it is good economics to pay one debt off by creating another. An ethos proven, repeatedly, by our incumbent government! All that does is shift the debt from A to B without any attempt to address or reduce it.

It is, as our cousins across the water may say, a no-brainer.

If Enforcement Agents were to be realistic in their payment plans then there would be very little problem. Unfortunately they'd rather try for the whole cream cake now and sod the consequences. Just try taking one slice at a time chaps...

Rae.

Anger as Government says people heavily in debt can pay off bailiffs with credit cards - Telegraph

"A low income family putting a debt of £1,000 on a credit card charging interest at 40 per cent, would have to pay an extra £400 of debt every year."

The scary thing is, this example would still work out cheaper than the charges applied by many bailiffs

This suggestion demonstrates just how isolated politicians are to the world of ordinary the citizens

It's frightening to think these stupid people are able to pass laws which affect our daily lives

Anger as Government says people heavily in debt can pay off bailiffs with credit cards - Telegraph

"A low income family putting a debt of £1,000 on a credit card charging interest at 40 per cent, would have to pay an extra £400 of debt every year."

The scary thing is, this example would still work out cheaper than the charges applied by many bailiffs

What happens if you DON'T have credit cards -- and it's against ALL sensible advice to borrow MORE money - especially at high interest rates to pay off ANOTHER debt.

If in debt you should only EVER borrow more money if you need food / other essentials.

Never - whatever the circumstances BORROW MORE to pay off debts -- A COURT will only make you pay what you can afford -- maybe as little as 1 GBP a month in some cases.

In any case most Bailiff's charges are ILLEGAL anyway so don't pay them AT ALL.

Cheers

jimbo

I would like to see an elephant in a gray pin stripped suit, wouldnt like to be the tailor that makes it though, but you can bet he will make some better choices then half the officials that seat on the seats of government.