Welcome Finance Secured Loan Nightmare

BEBOBEBO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please

My husband has a secured loan with Welcome Finance and i have had so much difficulty with them i do not know what to do next.

I have already sent them the letter harrassment letter and recently i requested a copy of my agreement as i could not find my original.

I was sent a statement of the transaction.

On there was insurance that i did know i had purchased.

I then sent another letter recorded asking for a copy of my agreement but after reading the threads i did not use the subject access request template.

What should i do next.

I also cancelled my DD as i changed jobs and had a new payment date.

I have not had any response from them and am i right in thinking that they have to give me 14 days notice when they are going to take a payment under the DD guarantee.

I have had endless trouble with these people i have complained so many times.

I complained to the area manager because people from the office were turning up in shorts and t shirts had there mates in the car.

Now it seems that for the occassions my husband asked for a payment holiday,

auhtorised by the branch manager are classed and now these are arrears and we are being charged extra.

Please can someone help me I really do not know what to do next .

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place and you will receive assistance here from consumers in (OR HAVE BEEN) the same position as yourself.

First is getting your agreement, when you say you sent them a letter for the agreement was it a CCA ? did you enclose a pound fee and was it sent recorded ? If not this is what you need to do, please confirm . Dont worry about the SAR yet as one thing at a time we will do the CCA first.

Regarding the direct debit guarantee, if you setup the direct debit then it is not covered, a company can use their own discretion of what is due and how much to take, they do need to inform you ( 10 working days notice)but you are giving them access to your account. It is better to pay by standing order then you are in charge.

You have sent them the harrasment letter so they will not come to your house again.

Edited by ozzywizard
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your help. I will the CCA letter off today and wait patiently for any response .

Is there anything else i should or could be doing in the meantime.

Use the below template. (recorded delivery)

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name (not sign) and enclose a one pound postal order, send it to head office at :

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

In the meentime do not speak to them on the phone, best way is to not confirm password when or if they call, what I did when they called me is read the letter of harrasment out to them on the phone and tell them it is sent to compliance, still not confirming password. they should not phone or visit due to you sending this letter.

This will get you your agreement for us to check, if not received in 14 days your account is in dispute.

On there was insurance that i did know i had purchased

Do you believe this was missold for any of the various reasons ?

Are you still paying and is it t the rate of contracted amount ?

Depending on your answers and the agreement you receive will depend if we now need to send off a SAR for a full copy of every information held on you.

Sorry my spelling is awful, I meant to say that i did not know insurance had been purchased. My husband informs me he never requested it but there is an amount of nearly 4000K added to the balance.

Thanks for the template much appreciated

Ok so in that case you have PPI that you believe is missold and you wish to claim back and take action right ? . .

Now wait till Monday and send off your SAR below enclose a 10 pound postal order sent recorded (reason im asking you to send Monday is best to send seperate day from CCA so receipts are unique giving more traceability as welcome have been known to claim only one of the letters received).

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICE

COMPLIANCE

RUDDINGTON FIELD BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIEVERY

Never sign but print signature.

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

Ok so now we just play the waiting the game for the 2 weeks to be up .

Thanks for your help.

Right Hubby confirmed CCA letter sent today by recorded delivery. But ...

You know i mentioned earlier that i did request a copy of the agreement but not under the CCA template, i was never sent a copy of the agreement but they did send me a statement of all the payments that i had made which is how i found out that there was insurance which i didnt know we had. Is this the info that i would be sent if i did a SAR. I dont want to do an SAR if I already have the info that I need.

When you do a SAR do you get all the info on the previous loan agreements. As this originally started out as a Car loan then a normal loan then went to secured and now its over £20k we owe.

Also i have just spent days reading the Welcome Threads and i am just so confused now as to what i should do next. Although it does make for great reading. What i never seem to find is if people actually do get one over on Welcome as the threads always seem to end.

Bit worried at mo as not heard anything from the local office and that is defo not like them .

Any advice greatfully recieved.

Edited by BEBOBEBO

Send the two letter templates I have given you (CCA and SAR) .

The fact you asked for your agreement and they did not provide just clarifies that a legal document is needed like the CCA1974 to force their hand. The SAR does indeed force them to comply and send every bit of information they hold on you for all contracts, agreements and communication .

Trust me people do get one over on welcome and such companies as the law is on their side just as it is on yours. Unfortunatly human nature and proven facts show that once people use these kinda forums and get what they need they never return to tell the story, just look at how many members we have here in comparison to how many are logged in ? people used to come in their hundreds claim backbank charges but never donate or let us know their sucess, only about 5% of us actually stay to tell the story and help others . . . fact. . .

Thanks Ozzywizard

Have already sent CCA and have SAR ready to go as well now

Ok i have just been reading the statement i have already got and this has really wound me up looking at the amount already paid to the dirt bags.

I have a couple of items on the statement i would appreciate any help clarifying what they mean.

Against the same date there are 3 entrys.

1, Loan disbursement Debit £20452.35 balance £20452.35

2, Fee Disbursement Credit £1860.45 balance same as above

3, Insurance premiums Credit £3815.05 balance same as above

My questions are, what is a Fee disbursement and why doesnt the balance change until the first payment is taken a month later.

Ok dont know where i stand now.

I have just recieved a letter from welcome saying it has recieved my SAR and they are processing the request now and that they have the £1 fee i sent. The problem is i have not yet sent the SAR it was the CCA request with the £1 fee that i sent.

On the letter it does list all the account numbers and it specifically states my SAR. There is no mention on the CCA request that i sent apart from the fact they have the £1 fee.

Do i send my SAR now or not.

Also does anyone know the answers the questions on my previous post .

Thanks

Can anyone help please, dont know where i stand or what to do next now.

sorry to hijack thread, but are we any clearer on this "true copies" thing because as i said in my thread, welcome or indeed any other lender can put in whatever sort of copy they like as far as a court is concerned. i'm a little confused here because we all keep relying on this. ok maybe for a cca request but in a court of law it doesn't seem to be valid. please correct me if i'm wrong. have things changed/changing? i just think its a point that needs looking into before we all make fools of ourselves by relying on this. if i'm wrong i'll be happy, but all the same when i went to court it wasn't an issue and was basically laughed at.

sorry to hijack thread, but are we any clearer on this "true copies" thing because as i said in my thread, welcome or indeed any other lender can put in whatever sort of copy they like as far as a court is concerned. i'm a little confused here because we all keep relying on this. ok maybe for a cca request but in a court of law it doesn't seem to be valid. please correct me if i'm wrong. have things changed/changing? i just think its a point that needs looking into before we all make fools of ourselves by relying on this. if i'm wrong i'll be happy, but all the same when i went to court it wasn't an issue and was basically laughed at.

Wayne same has last night, I agree this needs the " Illuminati " to Enlighten us on this issue.

Keep mentioning it and bumping it if need be. Some one will answer for us eventually.:?

No CCA yet as only just sent it and the letter i recieved was confirming they had recieved my request. The only thing is the letter makes no mention of the CCA request only the SAR they i have not yet requested.

Also any ideas as to the questions i asked re my figures i posted on post 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions or do i wait and see what turns up.

Right OH just informed me that the agreement has turned up and this was within the timescale.

He informs me that there is insurance on there he advised he this was never explained to him and if he had known about it we have at least tried claim a few years ago.

Am going to upload the doc tonight so hopefully the enlightened ones willbe able to find some flaws on it.

Hi

Ok so here is the copy of the agreement minus all the personal info.

Would really appreciate someone having a look for me.

I can see that we have a mortgage indemnity fee, also there is no details of the addess the loan was supposed to be secured on, it has been left blank. We have been charged for lifecare and ppi but my husband advises me he didnt ask for it. We certainly didnt know we had it.

My husband signed the agreement in the branch, but i notice that on the agreement there is no signature from them should there be?

i also have a statement from them where the opening balance is £20452.35 where does this figure come into it if the total amount of credit is £18591.90.

All help is greatly recieved.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/rottweilermick/welcomeagreement.jpg

Also does it make any difference that the agreement is with PROGRESSIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED trading as welcome financial services of mere way

Hi

Ok so here is the copy of the agreement minus all the personal info (See Below).

Would really appreciate someone having a look for me.

I can see that we have a mortgage indemnity fee, also there is no details of the addess the loan was supposed to be secured on, it has been left blank. We have been charged for lifecare and ppi but my husband advises me he didnt ask for it. We certainly didnt know we had it.

My husband signed the agreement in the branch, but i notice that on the agreement there is no signaturelink8.gif from them should there be?

i also have a statement from them where the opening balance is £20452.35 where does this figure come into it if the total amount of credit is £18591.90.

All help is greatly recieved.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/rottweilermick/welcomeagreement.jpg

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/a...eagreement.jpg

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif