CC's ~ Bankruptcy?

wrungout
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few questions spinning around in my head and would be grateful for any info/advice on the points below.

A) Is it common for CC companies to force someone into bankruptcy/sequestration?

B) Does the amount outstanding have any bearing on the above ie say in excess of 20K?

C) How difficult or easy is it for them to establish whether there is equity in an owned property.

D) If there is equity is it possible to sell during any action they may be taking without them realising and then hopefully agree a reasonable F&F settlement?

E) If they go for CCJ and it is defended but fails is it still possible to agree a schedule of affordable payments?

I expect the reasoning for asking these questions is obvious, just trying to protect my wife's interests, she didn't deserve all this -----, couldn't care less about my own now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

appealing for some help on the above questions, things getting desperate with the constant phone calls, can't see any way out of the mess, really worried that any equity we may have in our property (originally my wife's but I'm now on the mortgage) may be lost due to my debts/arrears.

If someone could give some feedback on the question of CC going for bankruptcy I'd be really grateful.

I have a few questions spinning around in my head and would be grateful for any info/advice on the points below.

A) Is it common for CC companies to force someone into bankruptcy/sequestration?

they will do whatever you allow them too

B) Does the amount outstanding have any bearing on the above ie say in excess of 20K?

no

C) How difficult or easy is it for them to establish whether there is equity in an owned property.

none of their business, only a court can force you to reveal your financial status.

D) If there is equity is it possible to sell during any action they may be taking without them realising and then hopefully agree a reasonable F&F settlement?

to get to even thinking about such action, it will need to go to court.

E) If they go for CCJ and it is defended but fails is it still possible to agree a schedule of affordable payments?

yes this will be set by the judge dependent upon your financial situation

I expect the reasoning for asking these questions is obvious, just trying to protect my wife's interests, she didn't deserve all this -----, couldn't care less about my own now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

you need to give us more info on each debts.

there will be ways to reduce what you owe i bet & p'haps negate some of it, only your info will help us.

or p'haps contact payplan or CCCS both are free debt management charities

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...