style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ok so I had a student account with HSBC that got turned into a graduate account with 990 outstanding, and after not making a payment for 2 months I received a final demand notice from HSBC along with a statement of means.

I filled in the statement of means stating I would pay off a 75 pounds a month. I never received any further correspondance from HSBC but 2 months later, having made 2 payments, received a letter from the debt collection agency that it had been passed onto. I paid that off straight away with help from my parents, but now have a default on my credit report.

Ive written 2 HSBC numerous times and I've now had their final response saying that they wont remove it and altho they got my statement of means it didnt meet their requirements 2 have the overdraft paid off within 12 months (an extra 7.75 a month would have cleared it!!) and that they tried to contact me but never got through (i never had any phone calls or any messages left on my answering machine and never received a letter re the statement of means)

Are they allowed 2 not inform me in writing that there was a problem with the statement of means? and also should they have sent me a notice when they actually defaulted the account? or would the final demand cover that?

If i write to the ombudsman and they agree with the bank is there anyway that I can still write to the CRAs to have the information removed as the contract entered into was terminated when they passed the account onto the debt collection agency??

Any help would be grately appreciated as Im currently looking to buy a house and with this on my report will not be easy or even possible!! :(

Thanks