• Tweets

• well we cant help you without information. we need to SEE the org TfL Letter and your reply. we also need to see the SJPN court forms upon WHAT you are ACTUALLY charged with and if there is a TIC List requiring your signature next to each journey and how many journey's are on the list? scan these upto ONE mass PDF read upload CAREFULLY. if your 'lie' of lost card is included in the court docs within a written statements , i can't see you escaping a criminal conviction...sorry. dx    
    • thanks for the fuller story now... sadly on most assumptions you are wrong. i cant see you going anywhere with this . the file can appear twice on your file, but doesn't hurt you twice. OC's are not obliged to default a debt before sale (though if they dont - it renders the debt useless to a debt buyer) . thus Lowell just left it and in 2021 their entry fell off due to 6yrs of no reporting. lowell didn't 'write it off' its an automated CRA File process . The old EE entry was held on your file because of the AP markers, they are a real bugbear to any account and if its never defaulted can cause an account to show for 12yrs on cra files regardless to any balance or not. in your case its sadly somewhat immaterial that EE erroneously used AP, it appears it didn't actually harm you. you cleared the EE entry bal by paying £69 in 2022, that wouldn't have changed anything really. the AP markers held it on your file. so either EE now remove it or you await it's natural drop off 6yrs from the last AP mark.  
    • So my CPR request has come back from Overdales, the same multipage 29 page agreement that came back via the CCA, plus notice of assignment. However no Default notice, or Statement. They just confirm that they have raised a request for a copy of each,.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bryan Carter chasing old EGG credit Card Debt

seklof
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is this issue to with carter or rent arears

sorry got a bit confused

what form will this be found upon

As this is an Egg credit card have a look on any of your statements (if you printed any) and see if there is a payment by you for card protection insurance (or similar wording). Doesn't change anything yet but may be handy further down the line.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

roget that m

will have alook at anything i have from egg - regarding carter i sent the cca last week i believe it was tuesday pm - what is the next step with himself and the cca , does he ahve a time limit to respond?

im dealing with debtors as they arrive iv not sent any more cca s as nothing has landed on the mat yet

wise or no

cheers

roget that m

will have alook at anything i have from egg - regarding carter i sent the cca last week i believe it was tuesday pm - what is the next step with himself and the cca , does he ahve a time limit to respond?

im dealing with debtors as they arrive iv not sent any more cca s as nothing has landed on the mat yet

wise or no

cheers

yes he does 12+ 2 days from receipt ,if no enfoceable cca by then send him acc in despute letter a.s.a.p..

ps when/if you get any paper work if poss post it up removing any names address acc numbers or bar codes relating to yourselfe.:D

I would send s.78 requests to all your creditors - if they fail to comply they cannot enforce the agreement. i.e. they cannot get a judgement against you (until they do comply)

For £1ea it is a useful exercise as it does give you an idea, from their replies, what they do or don't have against you.

I would also advise that, if you can afford it, as soon as you get the inkling there will be a court claim issued get a SAR off to the creditor as they can turn up some very interesting & useful info. They're £10 ea so less likely to be able to send those off in bulk

good luck :)

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Use track and trace post and pin all envelopes to the letters they arrived with too. Seperate file for each debt. Good housework now will pay off later on.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Use track and trace post and pin all envelopes to the letters they arrived with too. Seperate file for each debt. Good housework now will pay off later on.

M

can't agree more !!!

and a separate folder on the PC, as you come across useful info, copy it into notepad and save the file in the folder. Or if you've got Microsoft OneNote then you're laughing :)

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

regarding cca s i will wait until they make their movesa s i have an invoice financing court action with hsbc which is proving problematic and need to get my legal aid

if he does not respond within the alloted time which letter should i send next

i am keeping everything filed away under each credit card , it is weird because i had a load of correspondence at first but now its really quietened down

lets sleeping dogs n all that - so for now ill keep you guys updated on carter issues

thansk guys

really appreciate the help

I know nothing about invoice financing so wouldn't know where to start. I assume you have a thread running for it.

M

iv got a thread rning for that yes m

ill keep that on eupdated once get some legal aid

sar ?

6 years and a debt cannot be enforced?

i coming up to 16 months so far and iv only received my first letter from carter

keep you guys posted and thanks for being around

A SAR is a request for all data held on you by the lender. It will be as thick as a phone book sometimes on older accounts. It costs £10.

Template letters for it are on this site.

But with Egg it will give you a copy of every monthly statement since the start of the card. Therefore giving you the total amount spent on PPI. If you can prove that the PPI was mis-sold to you then you are entitled to claim it back (plus interest).

Proving it was mis-sold isn't as tricky as what it sounds. For instance, you may have been self employed at the time. If the policy doesn't cover for SE people, then it could = mis-sold. Lots of other reasons too. So something to think about.

M

morning guys n gals

so an update - carter sent me a letter back

dear sir

we thank you for your letter dated 23rd january 2010 requesting documentaion

we return herewith your payment of £1.00 as you need to request this direct from our client but in the meantime you must continue payments as agreed

the address is as follows

egg bankin plc

et etc etc

your s faithfully

bryan carter and co

the thing is i havent made a payment to egg for 14 months now

Bit naughty of BC ;).

Will post you up a fitting response later when i'm home,

M

BC should have sent it on to Egg - again this was covered in Carey I think

between m&m and myself we'll dig something out for you.

so will he now go to northampton

covered in carey?

what does he mean by this letter of course he should have passed it on a he is the one that will rely on this in court surely

:confused:

cheers guys / gals

ding ding round 1

covered in carey?

There was a recent test case.

Basically there are claims companies that were issuing a CCA request to an OC and when they failed to respond in the 12+2 days, were then taking the OC to court for the debt to be declared unenforceable and/or for an order for it to be written off as an unfair agreement.

This case explored the ins and outs of s.77-79 requests and their implications.

Somewhere in it is mention of the duty of a DCA and in this case someone purporting to be the OC's solicitor passing on a s.77-79 request.

ok

so in laymans terms what happened gh with regard to that case

what is the next move here

will he write again to me

i have cca d egg through a claims company before and they could not provide one

this case may go to court

waiting on the solicitor

i have cca d egg through a claims company before and they could not provide

That is vital info - have you got the request and reply?

Without complying they cannot take enforcement action - full stop :)

so in laymans terms what happened gh with regard to that case

hmmm

the judgement http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/docs/judgments_guidance/judgment-carey-v-hsbc.pdf

and the discussion http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/240186-dissecting-manchester-test-case.html

interesting reading though

I think there will be lots of recreated agreements which we will subsequently find flaws in which will irredeemable kill their case.

There's already been a few where multiple different recreated copies have been sent out. I have one myself lol - I have the original and a recreated copy from Barclays amazingly the recreated one is of a similar style to the original but doesn't contain the errors of the original ...........

no i havent - the claims company have it and will proceed to court once the case has been receieved by the solicitors however i am a little wary of these companies but have 3 cases going through with them

mbna - cca no agreement

egg - cca no agreement

barclaycard - cca no agreement

hence my confusion when carter sent his letter as im sure there will be no grounds for them to proceed

i could cca them myself and post the response up here

?

no i havent - the claims company have it and will proceed to court once the case has been receieved by the solicitors however i am a little wary of these companies but have 3 cases going through with them

mbna - cca no agreement

egg - cca no agreement

barclaycard - cca no agreement

hence my confusion when carter sent his letter as im sure there will be no grounds for them to proceed

i could cca them myself and post the response up here

?

almost as eggs are eggs when you defend against carter ,he,ll go almost to the end ! then he will discontinue,just in case you back down!:D

Adjust to suit ;)

M

Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your letter dated (date) in which you confirm that you are unable to comply with my formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Furthermore, you confirm that you will continue to make unlawful demands for payment contrary to s.78(6) of the CCA 1974 and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I would remind you of your obligations - If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

I note that the Credit Services Association, in the first paragraph of its Code, state that members must act lawfully at all times. Furthermore, under the CPUTR 2008 failing to comply with a code of conduct to which you have subscribed is unfair trading.

In the circumstances, I will not enter into further correspondence with you, and any further unlawful demands or contact will be viewed as harassment and reported to the appropriate enforcement agency.

For your reference, I have enclosed a copy of my original request together with my payment of £1.00.

Finally, if you fail to adhere to my request within the prescribed time frame you will leave me no alternative other than to put this account into dispute.

Yours faithfully.

thanks m

iv read it over and if i may ask in laymans terms the arguement lies in the facts that if the supposed creditor does not adhere to

" I refer to your letter dated (date) in which you confirm that you are unable to comply with my formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Furthermore, you confirm that you will continue to make unlawful demands for payment contrary to s.78(6) of the CCA 1974 and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I would remind you of your obligations - If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties."

then he des not "own" the debt ?

???

thanks again for that m

I'd bet a fiver that BC doesn't own it, however, they still have an obligation to respond to your CCA request. They can't just bat it back.

M