• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bryan Carter chasing old EGG credit Card Debt

seklof
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have received a bryan carter letter reading final demand

is my first step to appeal to them for a CCA

have moved this to legal issues for some help

i have received a letter from bryan carter - final notice

can someone help me

sorry guys n gals - trying to find the right space for my query

i have received the first letter from dear old brian

is a cca the first step

iv read many threads on this man but wanted a step by step defence from him

can someone help who maybe is having the same problems

i just received my first of probably many letters from brian - do i send a letter as seen on templates here for a cca and the harrassment letter

iv had around 55k stuck on me since the recession lost my business everything

wont go bankcrupt without a very good fight

can i get some help

i may end up being a case study

Edited by MARTIN3030

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi seklof. A bit more info needed. Dealing just with the BC issue, what is it? Card, loan, HP etc.

have you stopped payment and who is the original creditor if possible.

thanks,

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Is it just a letter saying he'll take action if you don't respond or is this a court claim? Demanding proof the debt exists (via a cca) would certainly help put the cretin off and put the matter in dispute because as sure as dammit he won't have the right paperwork. Make sure you put in the letter you don't acknowledge any debt and that the £1 enlosed is to pay the statutory fee for a s77/78 request. And send it recorded delivery

would certainly help put the cretin off and put the matter in dispute

lol. As you can see seklof, BC is well loved by all in here

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi guys

many thanks for repling to my thread - my first disagreement will be with egg for 15000, it s over a year old now and really have been waiting for these guys to make thier moves which now i presume will start to come thick and fast

its a letter stating if i dont reply court proceedings will be issued

Hi guys

many thanks for repling to my thread - my first disagreement will be with egg for 15000, it s over a year old now and really have been waiting for these guys to make thier moves which now i presume will start to come thick and fast

its a letter stating if i dont reply court proceedings will be issued

Is this a loan or a card? And how old is the original agreement?

ta

M

credit card and approx 8 years old as an agreement

also iv sent a letter to egg before and they cannot provide me with a signed agreement

thanks in advance

Was it an online application? Do you know if they then sent an agreement out for you to sign?

M

Who is the debt for that Mr Carter is chasing is it Egg?

The issue is it is more than likely that he will issue court proceedings against you even if you do send a CCA request.

Thats what he done to me!

However I successfully defended I copied info from another thread.

With regard to Egg. Egg have now passed my alleged deby to 4 DCAs. Then they sold it to Lowells known on here as Leeds Losers.

The thing you have to be careful of with Egg is that they may suddenly come up with a CCA.

hi m n m

what do you think i should do next with this letter

i though cca

see hwt happens

can i ask if your situation is getting better as it states a lot less mess?

Certainly you can send a CCA request letter. If BC in the meantime do push the button and decide to chance their arm by taking you to court then it will open further doors for you to force them to come up with an agreement using CPR

And yes, my situation has improved greatly - lots of reading needed and lots of help and support from the people on these forums :)

M

great stuff

i shall send this tomorrow and await the next move

i dont suppose i can do much with this particular issue until i can give an update

thanks

can i ask what cpr stands for ?

CPR = Civil Procedure Rules. These are the rules and practice directions that assist in forming the bed on which a case is built or defended. It will also assist the court in issuing directions to either side in order to further a case. Google it - look particularly at CPR31+.

If they start proceedings it will allow you to push them to disclose what they have got. Then you'll have a better idea of what you are defending - that's if they even have a case. ;)

M

thanks

i had ten credit cards and used them sumer of 2008 to support my business whilst awaiting invoice finncing from hsbc which also failed so now have a mountain of debt

i suppose i can only deal with what comes through the letterbox

i thought about bankcruptcy but the debt is non secured and i could / would lose my house so i wold rather see what happens next

i just dont fancy that option

thoughts anyone - its a discussion for many people

thanks

i had ten credit cards and used them sumer of 2008 to support my business whilst awaiting invoice finncing from hsbc which also failed so now have a mountain of debt

i suppose i can only deal with what comes through the letterbox

i thought about bankcruptcy but the debt is non secured and i could / would lose my house so i wold rather see what happens next

i just dont fancy that option

thoughts anyone - its a discussion for many people

There are other options :).

Are you paying towards any of these cards still now?

Is your bank related to any of these cards eg Barclays Bank/Barclaycard or similar?

Are you still self employed now?

Have you sent a CCA request off to any others yet? How old are the cards?

M

Also, from this point on (if you're not already doing it)keep every letter AND staple the envelope in which it was delivered to the back of it.

There are other options :).

Are you paying towards any of these cards still now? - i am not i cannot afford a penny

Is your bank related to any of these cards eg Barclays Bank/Barclaycard or similar?

1 card is linked to my barclays account which has been closed as was lloyds so i have no bank accounts now or any credit facilities, all shut

Are you still self employed now? - not presently i am u/e sadly

Have you sent a CCA request off to any others yet? How old are the cards?

not yet m just send i g the firt today as it is he firt serious demand i have had

i also have a court appearance with hsbc invoice financing which is on the horizon awaiting court date but still need a solicitor i think for this one

M

great stuff going on here

also when you say how old are the cards - do you mean the debt or the agreements on them

if its age of debt then thats about 14 months if its age of cards most of the cards i have ahd for over 5 years if not more

cheers m

also when you say how old are the cards - do you mean the debt or the agreements on them

if its age of debt then thats about 14 months if its age of cards most of the cards i have ahd for over 5 years if not more

cheers m

OK, then let's think ahead and start getting the CCA requests up and running. Will be £1 for each one plus postage, and you'll want to get them signed for at the other end so have a think about the costs and space it out to suit your means.

As you get each response, post it up in a new thread of it's own and let's see what they've got on you!

For the sake of future court proceedings that may occur, it may be worth your while doing an income and expenditure sheet based on your circumstances - just to prove to yourself that you have nothing. Then tuck this away somewhere - only person entitled to see that is a judge - whether or not you show it to any of your creditors is entirely your choice - despite what they tell you they have no right to it. Look on the National Debtline site, their I&E form is very good.

Then get writing to the others as a complete sideline to the CCA requests - let sleeping dogs lie though, you only need to worry about the ones that are pushing or giving you concern. Here is an array of letters for you to adapt to suit>>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Should keep you going for a bit :).

M

Also, from this point on (if you're not already doing it)keep every letter AND staple the envelope in which it was delivered to the back of it.

iv been keepong all correspondence from all of the collection agencies for the past year ,many are confusing, many are letter cycles

i have about 12 files going on with each agency and each debt

shall i only send cca s to comapnies that wish to take me to court as this will reduce cost m ?

ill post each individually - i can post for each case for others to read?

as said let sleeping curs lie?

cheers again

none of the letters are relative yet it looks

and i don t have a carrot to give any of em iv done inc n exp and i m still over on outgoing s

if i have anything ill put it to the mortgage

m

should i go to see the cab

just to see what they say

maybe iv been working backwards by not acknowledging debts but felt until i had soemthing to work with i would leave the issue

thanks