• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PPI charges claim for Directline - advice needed pls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks,

i am about to embark on a ppi claim with DLFS on loan i took out in 2004 for £11k. unfortunately i was made redundant in 2005 so defaulted on the loan. DLFS actually put a charge of £22k on my house. and i was forced to pay this in 2008 as part of a remortgage (£20k f&f settlement). i do not have a copy of the CCA but believe ppi fee was added to the loan. can someone pls advise what steps i need to take (e.g letter templates e.t.c) to start my claim.

thanks in advance

click on the blue underlined forum title above

scoll down a bit and look at the stickies.

there will be one entitlrd 'notes for claimants'

have a read there then comeback if you need further help.

sounds like a good case & they should easily cough.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

click on the blue underlined forum title above

scoll down a bit and look at the stickies.

there will be one entitlrd 'notes for claimants'

have a read there then comeback if you need further help.

sounds like a good case & they should easily cough.

dx

found this template here

i await any additions/ amendment suggestions from you all before i set the letters rolling. :D

Dear Sirs

Account number

I write with regards to the above account with your organisation.

I respectfully request that you provide me by return a copy of the credit agreement which bears my signature. I require this as i have reason to believe that there may be discrepancies within the agreement which may leave it improperly executed.Additionally i require the underwriting sheet or other document showing any commissions paid to you by the broker or by you to the broker

(If you have any other reasons why you need the agreement such as misselling of PPI Add it here)

obviously if the agreement is improperly executed i would be entitled to ask the court to consider the agreement and make a declaration of the rights of parties to the agreement.

I must stress this request is NOT made pursuant to section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 but is made pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules ( Pre action protocols and Part 31.16) and therefore unsigned copy will not suffice, only a copy of the original contract in its unaltered form will suffice in these circumstances

Please confirm if you still hold a copy of my signed agreement and that you will provide me with this document.

I do not view this as an unreasonable request given that by supplying the document which i have asked for it will allow me to assess if my case has merit and will help to resolve matters possibly without the need to involve the court and will undoubtedly save costs on both sides

I look forward to your reply and wouyld ask for a response by 4pm on XXXX Date ( Give 21 days to respond)

Regards

ok, well i hold my hand up and confess i don't know the diff between the various reasons for a CCA request under the differing acts and what these mean.

having re-read your case, so to speak, i am actually wondering 'if' the whole process of the £22k clawback was not unlawful etc etc, if you have not considered it, pers, i would look into this before the PPI reclaim and/or lump the PPI claim in with this matter.

can i suggest that you start a new thread in the legal section, and p'haps outline what happened to you slightly deeper, i'm thinking all might not be correct with what happened to you & that 'more' than just the PPI could be reclaimed or even struck out.

something upon the lines of thread titled 'DLFS got a charging order of £22k on my house in 200*- i don't think this was correct - any advice.'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do i need to put the £10 for my SAR payable to DLFS or RBS?

IMO send the SAR to the RBS with the £10 statutory fee, as they took legal transfer of DLFS Please see this....

http://www.directlineinternational.com/legal/transferofbusiness/faq.pdf

and this

DirectLine

You should chase RBS for the mis-sold PPI money as they have taken over DLFS including all the loans with DLFS.

The transfer came into effect on 1 March 2006 so if you still had a loan with DLFS at that time it then became the responsibility of RBS all the info on addresses etc should be in my thread but just post up if you need a boost. I am not around much now on cag due to family issues but most of the information is already on the site. you just have to search for it.

Good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...
IMO send the SAR to the RBS with the £10 statutory fee, as they took legal transfer of DLFS Please see this....

http://www.directlineinternational.com/legal/transferofbusiness/faq.pdf

and this

DirectLine

You should chase RBS for the mis-sold PPI money as they have taken over DLFS including all the loans with DLFS.

The transfer came into effect on 1 March 2006 so if you still had a loan with DLFS at that time it then became the responsibility of RBS all the info on addresses etc should be in my thread but just post up if you need a boost. I am not around much now on cag due to family issues but most of the information is already on the site. you just have to search for it.

Good luck

aa

hi AA.. i hope its not cheeky of me to ask for a copy of your draft (all your personal details deleted of course) of the SAR you sent to DLFS/ RBS ;)

hi AA.. i hope its not cheeky of me to ask for a copy of your draft (all your personal details deleted of course) of the SAR you sent to DLFS/ RBS ;)

Here are copies of my letters to RBS/DLFS but they were actually all one and the same company as I found out so RBS repaid the mis-sold PPI on RBS and DLFS loans.

Dear xx xxxxxxxxxx,

Re: Loan accounts. Reference numbers:

xxx Account No xxx

xxx Account No xxx

xxx Account No xxx

References:

A. My Subject Access Request (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) dated 7 January 2008.

B. Your xxx (Acknowledgement).

C. My xxx (Supply of additional information).

D. Your xxx(Supply of copies of statements).

E. Your xxx (Forwarded information to branch).

F. Your xxx (Duplicate statements for account xxx).

G. Your xxx (Duplicate statements for account xxx and request for more information).

H. xxx (Letter stating full disclosure as requested in Reference A had not been received and concern over missing data).

I. Duplicate statements for account xxxx no letter attached.

J. Your xxx requesting dates, times, names and departments re telephone conversations.

K. My xxx requesting full details as required by my reference A including all records of all telephone conversations.

L. My xxx forwarding my xxx with attachments.

M. My xxx CCA request for loans.

N. Your letter with reference Your xxx enclosing information with regard to account xxx.

O. My xxx requesting further data.

P. Your letter with ref Your xxx stating you do not have the paperwork on two previous loans.

Q. My xxx my response to Reference P.

I write in regard to the above References A - Q. Sadly, The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) have so far failed to comply fully with my DSAR in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (despite the correct procedures being followed and the correct fees being submitted) for the provision of all data applicable to myself and the three loan accounts. I have submitted a separate letter on this subject to the Data Protection Officer and, indeed, have lodged a formal complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. You have forwarded copies of the three Loan account statements, my current account statement and information as requested in Reference M.

In each case PPI policies were attached to the above loans obtained from you on 8 March 2004, 20 May 2005 and 21 August 2006.

I am now convinced that I was mis-sold these PPI policies for the following 7 reasons:

1. Responsibilities When Underwriting a Policy of Insurance: On each occasion, when the details of a loan were discussed Your sales advisors failed to check my personal circumstances at the time of the sale, which they are under obligation to do when underwriting a Policy of Insurance. If they had done so, they would have realised that the PPI policies were useless to me. At no time was any attempt made to ascertain if the product provided was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or if indeed it was required at all.

2. Alternative Insurance Cover: Your sales advisors in each case failed to ask me if I had any alternative arrangements for insurance cover. My employer has a generous illness package which would cover a period of sickness as follows: 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay. I would also be entitled to a generous redundancy package and a substantial payment would be made in the event of my death in service (more than suffice to clear the balance of the loan).

3.Failure to Supply Important Information with Regard to Significant Policy Exclusions: I was most definitely not informed that the PPI policies could contain certain exclusions which could affect me and my ability to claim on the policies if I should need to. Additionally I was never told that Pre Existing Medical Conditions could invalidate my policy and I was never asked if I had any Pre Existing Medical Conditions. Indeed your Loan Customer Duty of Care Checklist and the Loanguard Certificate of Insurance to which the Customer Duty of Care Checklist refers (forwarded under cover of Reference N) contain no reference to any Pre Existing Medical Conditions or includes any questions to me on the subject. I am in fact in receipt of a 40% War Disablement Pension from Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) since 1991. One element of this pension includes back injury which I now know is an exclusion in your PPI Policies. I also believe that I would also be excluded on at least one other existing condition.

4. Widespread PPI Mis-Selling: I cancelled the PPI policy on xxxAccountNo xxx on 7 Jan 2007 after becoming aware of the widespread mis-selling of PPI by some financial institutions, following recent media coverage and recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of PPI. I believe this is borne out by Point 3 above. I am also aware that the question of PPI cover is the subject of an ongoing inquiry by the Competition Commissioner.

5. Wholly Inappropriate PPI Selling Bonuses: I understand that some employees are paid higher bonuses if they get prospective creditors to take out PPI with loans. How can the best interests of the customer possibly be met, if there is a clear conflict of interest between your responsibilities to me, and the drive of your employees to sell Payment Protection Insurance whether it is suitable or not in order to receive bonuses?

6. PPI Loan Interest payments miscalculated: Since I cancelled the policy, I have actually received a smaller reduction in the PPI loan interest payments than the figure stated on the agreement. The explanatory letter sent to me has, I believe, confirmed that I have paid for single premium PPI policies on each loan taken with your establishment.

7. True Nature of Single Premium PPI Not Explained: No explanation was forthcoming from any advisor on any occasion on the full extent of single premium PPI policies or the fact that they would offer little or no refund if the loan was settled early or if the insurance was cancelled. The statements you have forwarded on accounts xxx and xxx, show no element of any refund of PPI or PPI interest when the accounts were settled on refinancing. There was also no explanation that the cost of the PPI premium would be added to the total cost of credit and interest added for the full term of the agreement. I believe this practice is unlawful.

I now believe that the single premium PPI policies attached to the loan accounts were both extremely unfair and totally unreasonable and offered me very little, if any protection value whatsoever. I am therefore requesting a full refund of all costs including all single PPI premiums that have been paid, the interest added to these premiums and the payments, that I have paid to date.

Furthermore as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of this money, I also expect the repayment of the interest at the Statutory Interest rate of 8% applicable to of each of the single premiums.

Details of the single premiums for each account with the interest payments made are as follows:

xxx Account No xxx

Insurance premium including interest on the premium = £6,109.32

Monthly interest payments made 8 April 2004 to 9 May 2005 £72.73 X 14 = £1,018.22

Sub Total £7127.54 Plus @ 8% Statutory Interest £570.20 =

Total sum £7,697.74

xxx Account No xxx

Insurance premium including interest on the premium = £7,534.90

Monthly interest payments made 20 June 2005 to 20 July 2006 £89.70 X 14 £1,255.80

Sub total £8,790.70 plus @ 8% Statutory Interest £703.25 =

Total sum £9,493.95

xxx Account No xxx

Insurance premium including interest on the premium = £8448.72 Less rebate on PPI premium £5,598.03 and rebate on PPI interest £1,552.78 (£7,150.81) = £1,297.91

Monthly interest payments made 20 September 2007 to 22 January 2007 £100.58 X 5 £502.90

Sub total £1,800.81 plus @ 8% Statutory Interest £144.06 =

Total sum £1,944.87

The total repayment figure I require is: £19,136.56

If I do not receive a favourable response to this letter, I will pursue my claim through the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and indeed the Courts if necessary.

In Reference P paragraph 2 you stated, “With regard to the two loans with DLFS this has been passed on to the relevant Department who will correspond directly with you“. I still await correspondence from that Department in relation to that information. Please expedite a reply from this Department at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully,

name

regards

Letter 2

this is the next reclaim letter for Direct Line Financial Services which is now a department of RBS..

The first claim is post 96 a claim for PPI refund on three loan accounts with RBS on which PPI was added.

This next post is reclaiming for four loan accounts with Direct Line Financial Services who were always a part of the RBS Group of companies as with their direct line insurance etc. However DLFS was legally transferred back to the realms of the RBS on 1 March 2006 so my claim is legally with RBS.

The Royal Bank of Scotland

Retail Regulatory Risk

Business House B

P O Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Dear xx xxxxxx,

Re: Direct Line Loan accounts. Reference numbers:

Account No xxx DATE to DATE

Account No xxx DATE to DATE (Shown as DATE)

References:

A. My Subject Access Request (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) dated 7 January 2008.

B. Your xxx dated 22 January 2008 (Acknowledgement).

C. My xxx dated 24 January 2008 (Supply of additional information).

D. Your xxx dated 29 January 2008 (Supply of copies of statements).

E. Your xxx dated 31 January 2008 (Forwarded information to branch).

F. Your xxx dated 9 February 2008 (Duplicate statements for account xxx

G. Your xxx dated 13 February 2008 (Duplicate statements for account xxx and request for more information).

H. My xxx dated 16 February 2008 (Letter stating full disclosure as requested in Reference A had not been received and concern over missing data).

I. Duplicate statements for account xxx no letter attached.

J. Your xxx letter dated 25 March 2008 requesting dates, times, names and departments re telephone conversations.

K. My xxx dated 28 March 2008 requesting full details as required by my reference A including all records of all telephone conversations.

L. My xxx dated 12 April 2008 forwarding my xxx dated 2 April 2008 with attachments.

M. My xxx dated 12 April 2008 CCA request for loans.

N. Your letter with reference Your ref xxx dated 17 April 2008 enclosing information with regard to account xxx.

O. My xxx dated 19 April 2008 requesting further data.

P. Your letter with ref Your xxx dated 30 April 2008 stating you do not have the paperwork on two previous loans.

Q. My xxx dated 9 May 2008 my response to Reference P.

R. Your xxx dated 30 May 2008 providing additional data and information on 4 DLFS Loan Accounts.

I write in regard to the above References A - R.

The documents received under cover of your Reference R show the following:

First. Each of the above accounts has had either a Payment Protection Plan or Loan Payment Protection, namely Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policies applied to them as a single premium payment added to the total credit on the account. The above accounts were obtained from your Direct Line Department on 11 April 1997, 17 December 1998, 28 June 2002 and 15 March 2003.

Two of the accounts show detail of a rebate of part of the PPI when the account was either refinanced or settled, these are: xxx and xxx.

The other two accounts xxx and xxx show no detail of any rebate being paid on refinancing or settlement. Please explain why there is this discrepancy between accounts?

Second. It is apparent that the PPI has been applied despite your chronological sequence of events (received under Reference R) showing details on the first three accounts that I was in receipt of a War Disablement Pension. In fact you required me to send details of the War Disablement Pension as proof of part of my income before the loans accounts were approved.

Third. None of the account statements show any breakdown with regard to the direct debit premiums of what proportion is for the loan capital and what proportion is for the PPI and interest.

I am now convinced that I was mis-sold these PPI policies for the following 7 reasons:

1. Responsibilities When Underwriting a Policy of Insurance: On each occasion, when the details of a loan were discussed your Direct Line sales advisors failed to check my personal circumstances at the time of the sale, which they are under obligation to do when underwriting a Policy of Insurance. If they had done so, they would have realised that the PPI policies were useless to me. At no time was any attempt made to ascertain if the product provided was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or if indeed it was required at all.

2. Alternative Insurance Cover: Your sales advisors in each case failed to ask me if I had any alternative arrangements for insurance cover. My employer has a generous illness package which would cover a period of sickness as follows: 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay. I would also be entitled to a generous redundancy package and a substantial payment would be made in the event of my death in service (more than suffice to clear the balance of the loan).

3.Failure to Supply Important Information with Regard to Significant Policy Exclusions: I was most definitely not informed that the PPI policies could contain certain exclusions which could affect me and my ability to claim on the policies if I should need to. Additionally I was never told that Pre Existing Medical Conditions could invalidate my policy and I was never asked if I had any Pre Existing Medical Conditions despite your advisors being aware I was in receipt of a War Disablement Pension. One element of this pension includes back injury which I know is an exclusion in PPI Policies. I also believe that I would also be excluded on at least one other existing condition.

4.Widespread PPI Mis-Selling:I am now aware of the widespread mis-selling of PPI by some financial institutions, following recent media coverage and recent OFT, FSA and Competition Commission investigations and inquiries regarding the mis-selling of PPI. I believe this is borne out by Point 3 above. I am also aware that the question of PPI cover is the subject of an ongoing inquiry by the Competition Commissioner The provisional findings have just been released as a news brief on 5 June 2008.

5. Wholly Inappropriate PPI Selling - Bonuses: I understand that some employees are paid higher bonuses if they get prospective creditors to take out PPI with loans. How can the best interests of the customer possibly be met, if there is a clear conflict of interest between your responsibilities to me, and the drive of your employees to sell Payment Protection Insurance whether it is suitable or not in order to receive bonuses?

6. True Nature of Single Premium PPI Not Explained: No explanation was forthcoming from any advisor on any occasion on the full extent of single premium PPI policies or the fact that they would offer little or no refund if the loan was settled early or if the insurance was cancelled. The statements you have forwarded on accounts xxx and xxx, show no element of any refund of PPI or PPI interest when the accounts were refinanced or settled. There was also no explanation that the cost of the PPI premium would be added to the total cost of credit and interest added for the full term of the agreement. I believe this practice is unlawful.

7. Unfair attachment of PPI with no competition involvement

I now believe that the single premium PPI policies attached to the loan accounts were both extremely unfair and totally unreasonable and offered me very little, if any protection value whatsoever. Furthermore I believe in light of the preliminary finding by the Competition Commission that the PPI was unfairly attached as there was no opportunity for me to seek competitive Insurance. I am therefore requesting a full refund of all costs including all single PPI premiums that have been paid, the interest added to these premiums and the PPI proportion of the direct debit payments, that I have paid over the life of the account agreement.

Furthermore as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of this money, I also expect the repayment of the interest at the Statutory Interest rate of 8% to be applied to of each of the single premiums and the PPI proportion of the direct debit payments.

Details of the single premiums for each account with the interest payments made are as follows:

Account No. xxx

Insurance premium £521.73 Monthly direct debit £183.75 X 19 payments.

No rebate of PPI on refinancing.

Account No. xxx

Insurance premium £613.03 Monthly direct debit £215.90 X 11 payments.

Insurance rebate of £254.05.

Account No. xxx

Insurance premium £1,301.15 Monthly direct debit £274.99 X 8 payments.

No rebate of PPI on refinancing.

Account No. xxx

Insurance premium £2,552.79 Monthly direct debit £330.01 X 11 payments.

Insurance rebate of £1,507.96 on settlement.

If I do not receive a favourable response to this letter, I will pursue my claim through the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and indeed the Courts if necessary.

Hope this is of use

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Here are copies of my letters to RBS/DLFS but they were actually all one and the same company as I found out so RBS repaid the mis-sold PPI on RBS and DLFS loans.

Letter 2

Hope this is of use

aa

thanks for the info AA. when i send the SAR is it better to send a cheque or postal order and is it payable to RBS or i should leave it blank...

thanks for the info AA. when i send the SAR is it better to send a cheque or postal order and is it payable to RBS or i should leave it blank...

Postal order is better you can get the post office to check when it was cashed. ;)

Payable to Royal Bank of Scotland and keep hold of the reference number to track when they cash it in :D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi folks.. finally received copy of my agreement form and just as you guessed dlfs added ppi to the loan i took out. so i want to start my ppi claim.

i may need some help calculating how much i am owed by them.

here are the figures:

Loan- £13k

loan payment protection premium- £3740

total amount of loan- £16740

total charge for credit (interest)- £5282

total amount i had to pay £22022

APR- 10%

monthly instalments- £305 x 72mths (over 6yrs)

agreement started 07/07/04

i have used a simple interest calculator and come up with this amount

ppi- £3740@ 8% over 72 months

interested i will be claiming- £1795.20

total ppi + interest claimed= £5535.20. is this correct? :D

Edited by thugusher
edit

I'm not an expert on how the refunds are calculated but don't let that stop you getting your claim in, I didn't put a figure in, just asked for a refund of PPI and to be put back in the position as if no PPI had been added. It is a struggle to get the 8% out of RBS (Direct Line) if your case hasn't been to the FOS!

Good luck.

i have used a simple interest calculator and come up with this amount

ppi- £3740@ 8% over 72 months

interested i will be claiming- £1795.20

total ppi + interest claimed= £5535.20. is this correct? :D

Not good at figures but you should insist on a refund of PPI premiums paid over the life of the loan.

You should request repayment of the PPI element of the

monthly instalments- £305 x 72mths (over 6yrs) and also expect the statutory interest on each payment made from the date the payment was made until such time as a settlement is reached via the FOS. It is always worth complaining to the FOS as this results in a £500 fee being levied against the bank for the FOS involvement.

You should receive back the PPI on each monthly payment so an element of £305 as follows:

Month 1 (date) PPI element of £305 whatever that figure was and the 8% statutory figure should run from the payment date ie April 2004 up to the settlement date.

Month 2 (date) ditto so 8% would run from May 2004 up to settlement date

Month 3 (date) 8% would run from June 2004 up to settlement date

ad infinitum.

I do not believe you will receive 8% on the £3740 from the start date of the loan up until settlement going on the way my own claim was settled on DLFS. It does not seem a very fair way to calculate things especially when you have contractual interest included but it seems the FOS have a set system to calculate the refunds due.

I hope this helps

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi chaps.. i appealed through FOS when DL (RBS) turned down my claim.. they finally settled just under £5k but they kept £2k saying the my acc was in arrears. I did a F&F settlement in 2008 of £20k to pay the £22k debt. i have a letter from DL in 2010 confirming my loan acc had been paid in full. Can I contest the £2k they are witholding from me. Anyone who can help will be most appreciated.

it reads

June 2010

Dear Mr XXXX,

Loan Account Number: XXXXXXXXX

I refer to the above loan account and would confirm that your account has now been paid in full. If you have any queries in this matter, please do not hesistate to contact me.

Your sincerely

Manager

I had previously spoken to them after i got my cheque but they said that i had had arrears hence they deducted the £2k. i later found this letter afterwards. Should i speak to them again of complain via FOS.

I would try the lender first and do this in writing. I really don't think you'll get far with them on the phone.

I would send them copies of the the F&F offer you made together with a copy of their acceptance and ask them to tell you in writing the basis on which they feel they can now alter the terms of the F&F after it has all been completed.

If you get no joy with them then let fos have another look at the case

ims