Virgin SAR - is this too good to be true???

skint40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a Subject Access request along with £10 to Virgin/MBNA but they refused to send info until they had a signature. I sent another letter along with the £10 again that they had returned to me with copies of a utility bill and a copy of my driving licence (no signatures on any).

Today I received a letter from them with a copy of my executed agreement, up to date terms and conditions and a copy of my most recent statement (in total 7 pages).

The statement has been credited so that the balance is no £0.00!!! I would like to jump for joy but wonder what they are up to? Has anyone else had this where their statement has been credited so that the balance is now at £0.00?

Hi

Did you get a system or customer care log? By this I mean a print out of events on your account. This would (or should) show such things as date of opening, date of any key letters sent such as default notice, late payment chasers etc, possibly notes entered from call centre logs etc.

If not they have possibly not fully complied with the Subject Access Request.

Also, if you have sent payment twice have they cashed your cheque twice? Write and ask them for £10 back. They may try and apply one or both payments to your account. This would reset the clock on any statute of limitations.

Did you stop paying on this account or has it become a bad debt? If so they should have sent you a default notice and ultimately a termination notice. Either or both of these, if sent, might not be compliant with the law.

If your account is showing as 0 this may be because they have sold the debt on to a DCA. Did you get a letter advising you of this? Did you get a letter from the new creditor introducing themselves as the new owner?

thanks for your response.

I realise that they haven't complied with the SAR due to the lack of paperwork they have sent me and no, I didn't send £10 twice.

They put the account in default in December 09 but didn't send me a letter till 11 Jan 10 saying that if I paid £xx by 28 Jan 10 then no further action would be taken but the 'charge off adjustment' credit was put on my account on 12 Jan 10.

I was wondering if this debt had been sold onto a DCA but as yet I haven't had a letter from anyone else other than MBNA/Virgin.

I was too quick in thinking that they were forgetting about the debt but on doing searches on google it seems that they have just written the debt off as a bad debt but will probably carry on chasing me for it.

My few moments of joy were short lived:rolleyes:!!