• Tweets

• Drop some pfiser vaccines off at our local surgeries while you are out please MD
    • Thank you first address / name confirmed for me ..   He reads everything we post on this site 
    • Well send off the letter of claim when you're ready. There's really no need to hang around. In terms of the particulars of claim – you don't need to send anything extra. Do not click any boxes.   I wasn't aware that you actually had to calculate the daily rate of interest. I'm giving a shout to my site team colleague @Andyorch
    • By the way, is there a telephone number for the mystery handset? Have you tried calling it?
    • Who made the complaint to the ICO? Did we recommend it? An uncharitable side of me wonders whether they aren't considering erasing all data in order to get rid of evidence of their bungling. Have you checked your credit file? I think you need to make sure the get copies of everything you can from anywhere just in case various records get cleaned up. I think should set about that straightaway although it's a nuisance. Keep a note of the time you spend doing it. Are you sure that the problems with Vodafone and also with Three were caused by your blighted credit file – blighted by virgin? Can we take it that your credit file before this was clear? I think it could be an idea to send an SAR to Vodafone and also to Three to see if they have any reference to the problem setting up your account with them and that those problems might have been caused by virgin. Your credit file also might show searches by Vodafone and also by Three. If there's anything else you can think of – then try to get the information.  
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Evergreen Finance - Bourne lesuire repossesed caravan

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4053 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

You 2 hey? you are not the first and not the last who have been totally ripped off by these two legal loan sharks.:mad:

Did you know the BBC did a story a while back about these caravan cons. I was caught out by this **** and lost alot of money.:shock: Maybe we should start a class action case against them.:D I know alot of very unhappy people that have been shafted by this lot.

Email me your details and we can come up with a plan. (Edit)

Edited by maroondevo52
e-mail address removed
You 2 hey? you are not the first and not the last who have been totally ripped off by these two legal loan sharks.:mad:

Did you know the BBC did a story a while back about these caravan cons. I was caught out by this **** and lost alot of money.:shock: Maybe we should start a class action case against them.:D I know alot of very unhappy people that have been shafted by this lot.

Email me your details and we can come up with a plan. (Edit)

I can't see how you have been ripped off. It has been mismanaged, but if payments were not taken, they should have still been in your account and you should have been in a position to make an immediate payment to clear the arrears.

A couple of things don't make sense though. If the damage was going to cost £6,000 why did you not press for the full amount and accept £2,000 or indead reject the van for a full deposit refund?

If you were told you would be having a payment holiday instead of a repair why did you enquire earlier why no payment had been taken.

I'm just trying to get a fuller picture.

Were you given written notice, usually 7 days, of intent to reposses?

In fact, did they go through any of the require protocol first with a default notice and then a formal ending of the agreement?

Edited by Conniff

.—(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a "

default notice ") is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by

reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,—

(a) to terminate the agreement, or

(b) to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

© to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d) to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as

terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e) to enforce any security.

Can you confirm this is a 'Hire Purchase' agreement and you are not using the term generically?

It would certainly seem as if they have. You should make a list of times and dates that things happened from you deciding to get a van until today and put them in choronological order, that way it will easier to show how they have breached the rules.

Has the repossession gone ahead?