Can I still CCA re EGG - has law changed?

redgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I saw recently on a money website that the law has changed about asking for a copy of your credit agreement, that the debt collection agent no longer has to provide you with a copy of the agreement to collect money.

I have been going back and forth with ARC (Europe), CCA'd them and they keep returning the postal order and telling me to contact EGG directly. I have written back to them several times, and once I did CCA directly to EGG who wrote back and said they couldn't give me a copy as I had changed address and they need to see proof of ID before they will send it.

Trevor Munn and ARC have written saying that the have checked our house with land registry and that if I don't respond by Friday with payment then they will take me to court immediately.

I really don't know what to write back and say, or should I just offer to pay a certain amount a month anyway?

Thanks for your help.

Why the reluctance?

erm...its egg and there is a 99% chance its unenforceable.

It sounds to me like they are playing hardball becuase they have unenforceable diddly do. When I see things like 'written saying that the have checked our house with land registry and that if I don't respond by Friday with payment then they will take me to court immediately', it's already speaking volumes.

I'd report them and write to them and tell them to stop buggering about.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Do you think i should write to Egg again with proof of new address? or should i just CCA ARC yet again? To be honest I'm scared to do nothing in case the just go ahead and take it to court. I really don't know what to do. Any advice on my next step would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

If you have sent CCA requests and received nothing back in the 12+2 days following, then the account is in dispute. Send ARC the 'in dispute letter' see what they come back with. If they do send court papers, do not worry, post on here straight away and some very experienced members will help you.

Regards

David

Edited by Uptotheneck
Typo corrected

21?

12+2

just a typo!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

When I sent the CCA, they just keep returning the postal order and saying that they do not hold the agreement on file and to contact EGG directly. They even gave me the address to write to at EGG. It's the same standard looking letter that they have sent me either 2 or 3 times! Where do I stand if I have go through the CCA procedure but they keep returning it. Are they allowed to just refer me back to EGG but keep harrassing me anyway? Not once have i received a letter from EGG other than looking for proof of address change before they'll send me a copy. Also, does the fact that they have asked for this mean that it is likely that it does exist. To date i have not written back to them with proof of address.

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again.

don't!

as advised ARC must have the correct paperwork to collect on debts REGARDLESS to what they might say.

i'd fire off the A/C failure to comply to CCa ltter to them and then ignore the whole situation.

they can do nothing to you, they are a DCA they have NO LEGAL POWERS other than to send threat-o-grams

dx

Edited by dx100uk
more

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...