Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • The choice is yours - yes, you can reopen the 2018/19 Return and resubmit it online - corrected - by the end of this month to include that overlooked expense. Alternatively you can include it in your 2019/20 Tax Return declarations if you wish.   Obviously the first action will ensure both Returns are more accurate. We do that for some of our clients now and again when they inadvertently overlook something. It's fairly usual practice. Once again .....good luck!
    • Cheers. Yes. When we applied, it was supposed to be delays of 8 weeks. That's now changed, but this seems somewhat excessive for a very simple application. There's no tax to pay, no other descendants, nobody contesting, and my sister and I are the natural beneficiaries in any case, "lost" will or not.
    • https://www.gov.uk/applying-for-probate   https://farewill.com/articles/how-long-does-probate-take#:~:text=Probate usually takes 1-3,sell property and pay taxes.   It does seem to be a bit of a farce - and yes, I imagine currently they are incredibly busy, but you sent your paperwork back in July of last year.  It does seem very unfair.     It looks to me from information on the above links that it can take anything from 1 - 3 months and even up to 12 months or more, depending on the complexity of the will.  Needless to say, I hope you are not left waiting too much longer - especially as some of the delay appears to be the loss of documents.  I will bring your query to the attention of those on the site team who have more experience in this area than I do.   
    • Had a chat with manager.   wanted to know when my girlfriend received her test which was Friday 8th jan when I was at work with my colleague. so i isolated with her when I got back.   Then I received mine in the Saturday 9th.   I did ask about employers covid testing policy, and said it was all rushed, and didn’t go through it correctly. boss said there is a section, if take test you must stay at home. To be honest, wasn’t explained correctly and section were added it bit by bit.   I did asked about disciplinary procedure. was it : 1 verbal  mans two written warnings ? He said yes.   I have no verbal or any written warnings and been with them 3 years I think.   Then next stage is a typed up summary of I guess what’s happened, then the disciplinary.   I also asked about work colleague, he was not really eating his food, but getting better, also his parents have no symptoms.   So I don’t know where I stand at the moment.        
    • Tymit, the new credit card firm, is calling on big credit card providers to give every customer more transparency and control over their borrowing View the full article
  • Our picks

    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5268 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi Danno,


I had this too when they offered my £1400, I sent them a letter saying I would accept this only as a partial settlement and that I reserved the right to proceed and claim for the remaining outstanding amount. I never heard anything more, so I stuck to my dates and filed my moneyclaim online for the full amount plus interest.


No one can tell you what to do as its your choice and your personal circumstances that has to decide.


However, for me £600 is a heck of a lot of money to be 'short'

  • Confused 1

14/06/06 Data Protection Act Sent to SPML

28/06/06 - Info / statements received from SPML

2/8/06 Pre Lim to SPML for £324.72

16/8/06 LBA to SPML

28/9/06 filed MCOL

defence filing date extended to 22/12/06

28/12/06 copy of defence received from sch

16/01/07 AQ filed with court

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Danno,


As JoanneClaire says, many of us have had offers of partial payment and you can either reject it outright, stating that your timscales set out in your previous letter stand, or you can write back accepting it in part payment.


We chose to reject the offer (they have now made 2 on one of our accounts) and have filed our Court Claim and await hearing from them.


Of course it is up to whether you can afford to wait, but if you can - then reject their offer - afterall, they are really saying "we will only keep this much of your money"!


Good luck with the decision

Dinahjl :grin:

HSBC - 2 Accounts - owe us £5.8K

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

11 Aug 2nd offer made on same account - £500 higher! REJECTED AGAIN

18 AugMoneyclaim submitted for £3848 on main account. ACKNOWLEDGED 23 Aug.

30 Aug Moneclaim prepared for 2nd acc £2389.56



If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...