ben told to vt again!

westentertainer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi , been on these forums a few times about the same thing over the last few years...

purchased a renault espace 3 years ago used WELCOME for the finance..worst car i have ever owned [only done 4000 miles in 3 years] spent more time off road than on,,anyway VT;d it bacl last april 2009 recieved letter of welcome saying i would have to pay 1200 pounds for 2 months arears and gap and also for the warranty,made arrangments to pay 100 a month off this to i have done for last 8 months, someone called my wife to pick up the car months ago but i was in work she asked them to call again ,they did but was on holiday ,they said that they would pick up the car when they were in the area ,but never did ,the car has been on my drive for the last 11 months...right¬¬ i had a call from a lady at welcome today saying that i now owe 2000 pounds arears mmmm

she said because the car was not picked up,and it was my responsibilty to keep contacting them the arears increased,,i told her that was a cracking way to make people pay ,let them vt the car ,then not pick it up and then i would have to vt it again from now and still pay the arears can they do this any help please its pending now

no no no, this seems all wrong to me. what they are telling you is a load of rubbish.

If you have confirmation in writing that you have VT'd and that they will collect the car, then its up to them and their problem if they dont collect.

go tell them to play on the motorway!

I would also question whether what they told you about the warranty and gap insurance is correct because my understanding is that when a policy is cancelled, a refund is paid back, give or take a month or so.

I would certainly look into this and perhaps someone else can offer more advice. but the general jist is that Welcome pay the premium upfront, then charge you over the term of your agreement for it. now the way I see it, is that Welcome cancelled the polices, took the refund and then asked you to still pay the rest. So basically they are doubling their money.

and I also bet ya that the Warranty was over 24 months only, but if you had a 48 month agreement, you would be paying for it over 48 months. thereofre paying more interest than you should.

I would do a subject access request to get all the info they hold for your agreements with them. I bet it turns up some interesting information.

no no no, this seems all wrong to me. what they are telling you is a load of rubbish.

If you have confirmation in writing that you have VT'd and that they will collect the car, then its up to them and their problem if they dont collect.

go tell them to play on the motorway!

I would also question whether what they told you about the warranty and gap insurance is correct because my understanding is that when a policy is cancelled, a refund is paid back, give or take a month or so.

I would certainly look into this and perhaps someone else can offer more advice. but the general jist is that Welcome pay the premium upfront, then charge you over the term of your agreement for it. now the way I see it, is that Welcome cancelled the polices, took the refund and then asked you to still pay the rest. So basically they are doubling their money.

and I also bet ya that the Warranty was over 24 months only, but if you had a 48 month agreement, you would be paying for it over 48 months. thereofre paying more interest than you should.

I would do a subject access request to get all the info they hold for your agreements with them. I bet it turns up some interesting information.

thanks so what should i ask them ;;subject acess request; i will check my warranty

well for the insurances you need to contact Direct Group. they administer all the insurances and will send out documents to you if you quote them your welcome agreement reference number. just say you have lost them. They may say it had been cancelled, but if they do just say that you still need the info.

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page is their website with phone numbers.

There is a Subject Access Report letter somewhere in the forum so check other threads of hopefulyl someone else will come along and post it on here for you. This will cost you £10 though. use a postal order for this and what ever you do, do not sign any letters you send out! just print your name. most important.

i phoned the RAC WARRANTY CUSTOMER SERVICES and was told that the waranty had ceased on the 6th march 2009, i also asked about the gap ,she told me that becomes null and void when the contract ends for any reason,,WELCOME will be ringing me on the last day of this month for my normal 100 pounds..i think i should tell them to;go away in short sharp jerking movements;

any thing else i need to do?

Hmm interesting, try giving them a ring again and ask how much the premium was and when that was paid, and how much was refunded when the policy was cancelled if any.

worth a shot and this info will be dynamite in the fight against welcome if you can get it.

why was the gap etc cancelled

could it be the vt

what about any rebate as allready mentioned

you mention rac warranty

did direct group tell you this

welcome do there own gap disguised by direct group as the norm

hi it states in the small print on the gap waranty that it ends when the contract ends for whatever reason.

the 2 forms that i had has the RAC phone numbers and account numbers.

no rebate mentioned...at the moment i am paying £100 per month for waranty and gap.