• Tweets

• .. A tired little trump simply run out of wind
    • Another one. Apparently this has been hushed up for about three months. They're working through their majority quite fast with all the sackings. Not that they've done anything about Menzies yet but he sounds like a blackmail risk. Here's the original article.   Revealed: Tory MP allegedly demanded campaign cash to pay ‘bad people’ ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 07:32:33 UTC  
    • and another one   MP Mark Menzies loses Tory whip as party investigates claims he misused funds "According to a source close to Mr Menzies, the MP had met a man on an online dating website and gone to the man’s flat, before subsequently going with another man to a second address where he continued drinking. He was sick at one point and several people at the address demanded £5,000, claiming it was for cleaning up and other expenses." The sum, which rose to £6,500, was eventually paid by his office manager from her personal bank account and subsequently reimbursed from funds raised from donors   Never mind losing whip - how about criminal charges   MP Mark Menzies loses Tory whip as party investigates claims he misused funds WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The Fylde MP is alleged to have used campaign funds to pay off ‘bad people’ and cover medical expenses   ALSO According to the The Times, £14,000 given by donors for use on Tory campaign activities was transferred to Mr Menzies’ personal bank accounts and used for private medical expenses. The MP, who is one of Rishi Sunak’s trade envoys, is also said to have called his 78-year-old former campaign manager at 3.15am one day in December, claiming he was locked in a flat and needed £5,000 as a matter of “life and death”.   Hes supposed to use funding from Taxpayers and doners for a life of service, not funding a life of drink and debauchery Hope his parliamentary expenses are also investigated.   In fact, perhaps Mr Bates next role in life should be as an independent investigator of Parliamentary expenses?
    • He asked for that one, didn't he?
    • Trump was unable to make it through the first day of court without falling asleep on Monday, which sparked a whole host of jokes, memes and even a new nickname, 'Dozy Don'    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Stupid Welcome Customer

lawrence147
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to be clear, i have no objection to the points Mark made, and i do not agree with most of what major player said, but i do not agree with the way he was turned on. i think its wrong. thats all.

I accept your point fully.

However, it must be remembered that these are peoples lives that he is giving advice on and advice whilst welcomed, must also be given most carefully and not with abandon.

Mark, i feel, was understandably annoyed with this and lets face it, debt is an amotive issue and if he feels any mailice towards any past emplyees of wlescum then i for one wont lose any sleep over that. Major player, whilst purporting to be of sound advice, it must be remembered, also, 7 years ago used his/hers judgement back then in choosing to work for this ****..... need i elaborate?

On that Note Gram we will agree to disagree on the personnel side of it, as we are all entitled to our opinion and everyones opinion should be respected. I guess it comes to individual personalities on what offends differant people from differant upbringings etc. Also not defending anyone but somtimes it is hard to judge somones intentions when reading text as in real life you use your social skills by listening to tone of voice and body language which is a luxury we do not have online.

• Haha 1

somtimes it is hard to judge somones intentions when reading text as in real life you use your social skills by listening to tone of voice and body language which is a luxury we do not have online.

i agree with that 100%, and all the more reason why people should be a bit more careful in how they post.

hi all please be gentle on here as i am new to all this

i just found out that welcome finance put a default on my file for £6k for a car that i had off them

yes i had the car then it broke down a couple of weeks later then it was classed un repairable so the agreement was terminated and then i chose another car from same garage with a new aggreement. funny tho as 2 weeks later the gear box broke and the garage were not helpful in getting the car repaired. so i took car back to welcome and told them where to stick it. i parked car in there car park entrance and put keys in letter box. lol they had trouble getting in and had to get it towed so they could get in :lol:. anyway they said that they had repaired and resold the car and now asking for the £6k plus £2k for loss of resale i have not heard from them in anyway about this i thought coz i returned car they would terminate agreement. oh i was wrong they want £8k coz i voluntarily terminated the agreement

can any help can i get this default removed

hi all please be gentle on here as i am new to all this

i just found out that welcome finance put a default on my file for £6k for a car that i had off them

yes i had the car then it broke down a couple of weeks later then it was classed un repairable so the agreement was terminated and then i chose another car from same garage with a new aggreement. funny tho as 2 weeks later the gear box broke and the garage were not helpful in getting the car repaired. so i took car back to welcome and told them where to stick it. i parked car in there car park entrance and put keys in letter box. lol they had trouble getting in and had to get it towed so they could get in :lol:. anyway they said that they had repaired and resold the car and now asking for the £6k plus £2k for loss of resale i have not heard from them in anyway about this i thought coz i returned car they would terminate agreement. oh i was wrong they want £8k coz i voluntarily terminated the agreement

can any help can i get this default removed

Simple address to all, appreciate defence and attack of my previous posts, wanted to say that there are no grudges harboured at all - life is too short and to be honest have and will probably, like everyone faced worse in my life and....

Reading my posts back I think in particular my response to stepwayne was the turning point, I reacted badly, took it too personally because I didn't like my intentions being questioned but in reality why shouldn't people be suspicious of a new cagger coming in and appearing to try and say that they know it all? My posts were written with the best intentions but admittedly come across as smart a**ed which was not correct.

I think the problem is that the written word can be interpreted differently than it is intended to be by the writer. For the record, my response was purely aimed at stepwayne and I don't think that everone on here is niave etc, in fact don't even think that stepwayne is either.

The biggest thing is that I have learned to look at things from the consumer, and perhaps use a different approach when responding to posts in giving advice, really wasn't intending to cause offence and my background certainly won't endear me to many but as a few posters have said, as much info as possible is useful, it is up to individuals what they do with it. I know debt can be an emotive subject, especially if someone is having the screws tightened.

Maybe people have a point on my career choices too, I chose to leave the particular "Profession" due to the focus from the company and their increased desperation to get results and screw the customer - something most people in collections forget is that without customers they would have no job - I appreciate the reaction to month end crazyness and why that would have scarred so many - it was a disgrace. For information by the way, it was policy to only leave 2 messages per day due to the administration of justice act, at month end some ****** collectors used their own mobile to call customers so as to not get caught out and hammer people into making a payment.

I now do much more rewarding and work in a much more customer focus based environment, the other side of the fence so to speak. I have knowledge of what companies like Welcome do and should make it clear when I post what the likely response is likely to be from their point of view which is not my point of view.

I've gone on long enough now, needless to say, if I've cause offence then apologies, to those who stuck up for me thanks, to those who attacked me thanks too, you have made me realsie that as a new cagger I have a lot of work to do, I will keep trying and if you feel I step out of line, let me know - I want to help people get the right result for them.

Edited by Major Player

Colin a huge welcome to the foru and 1st thing to learn is that you are half way there by finding us on here lol. We are a happy lil family regardless of the above posts haha. . .

Ok back to your issues, if possible can you make your own thread so you may use it as a diary and we can keep a track of your progress. you can do this by clicking here

Edited by ozzywizard
terrible spelling lol

MajorPlayer, your posts are respectfull and for that I say thanks for making an effort with us all to help, there is no denying that your knowledge would be more than usefull around here and I ask that you do stay and check on us when you have the time and if you can offer any advise please feel free too. I know it can be hard to be stereotyped as I was wehn I first joined this forum in 2006 and worked in the prepayment section of Powergen, also worked for British gas and now British telecom, so in the past have had consumers who have had issues with these companies be cautious of me. anyways moving forward tell us everything you know on the MIF. hahaha . . cheers.

So I Don`t Get A Say Now Then? I Was Coming Here to Eat Humble Pie Tonight. After Seeing All Of This I Am Quite Appalled I Have Caused Such A Commotion. I Must Thank Everybody Who Has Seen Fit to Comment. I Am Glad That Feelings Here Run So High On The Welscum Forum. I Know That In A Tight Spot, I Can Count On You All!!!:rolleyes:

As For Personal attacks Gram1, Read What you Have Said about ME!!! Thank You!!!:mad: If I Choose to Embelish My Posts With Capital Letters And Smiley Faces, Then I Will!!! this Is Obviously A Trait Of Mine That Has Bothered You For Sometime. I Wil Try To Kick The Habit If It Helps!!!:o Thank God An Excuse Came Along for You to Vent your Frustration!!!;)

Dawn I Agree That Two Heads Are Better, And Looking at things From another Direction Can Be Helpful. To Start Posting What Appeared to Me To Be Spurious Advice " Out Of The Blue " Worried Me. Wouldn`t Some Sort Of Introduction Have Meant Something? Most People Who Post For the First Time Have A Problem With WFS And Are In Need Of Help. They Do Not Strike with the Speed Of A Rattle Snake.

Anyone with The Idea Of Self Importance Shown By " Major Player " In My Opinion Means He Will find It Difficult to Get Another Job. And Don`t Expect Me To Cry Any Tears. The Collections And Litigation People I`ve Met Do Not Deserve Any. Just Reading A Few Of the Other Threads Would Give A Clue To The Strength Of Feeling Here When Considering WFS. To Infer In The Way HE Did That No One On CAG Could Possibly Know, Better Than Him The Tricks That WFS Use Is In My Opinion Condescending.

Would " Major Player " Have Been Visiting CAG If He Still Had A Job With WFS? I Doubt It. The Only Reason Then, If He Dosen`t Work For Them, Again In My Opinion would Be To Get Back At His Former Employers. Unless Of Course He Had An Epiphany Moment. Which After 18 Years Employed In Collections And Litigation Seems To Be A Little Questionable. It took 7 Years To Realise What A Bunch Of Cowboys He worked For. In Those 7 Years, I don`t Know Who He worked For Before, How Many People In Difficulty Has He Shown This Level Of Understanding And Helpfulness Toward? None Except " Major Player " Himself Knows.

He Could Even Be My Account Manager? For All You Know He Could Be Yours. would It Have Been right to Let The Advice Being Dispensed As The " Gospel According To Major Player " Go Unquestioned? I Could Not Have Let That Go Personally, But Don`t Worry, I`ve Got Your Backs.

Any Way This Is Some Ones Thread. Apologies Lawrence!!!:cool: The Chance To Answer Is Upon You " Major Player ". If I Owe You An Apology, Convince Me Some How? If You Wish To Reply Please Start Another Thread. I Will Find It. Just Remember CAGBOT!!!:eek:

Mark, no apology needed, you have a right to your views and always ask for a response proving that you are willing to give people a chance. I'll keep trying to help as best I can but with some valuable lessons learned. I think that your previous career is an asset, sure you'll be familiar with the phrase "The Team Works" I will try to keep perspective and advise rather than instruct.

Major Player, to reiterate my previous question what is your knowledge on the validity of a charge of mortgage indemnity fee being on a secured loan below 25k ? do you have any information on the legality of this ?

If you want to discuss further with us please carry on the topic on this thread so Lawrence (whose thread this is) doesnt have heart attack on his return thinking all this is about him haha. . .

As you can see on this thread we had a welcome employee that was helpfull but run off when MIF was mentioned lolll.. . .

Mark, no apology needed, you have a right to your views and always ask for a response proving that you are willing to give people a chance. I'll keep trying to help as best I can but with some valuable lessons learned. I think that your previous career is an asset, sure you'll be familiar with the phrase "The Team Works" I will try to keep perspective and advise rather than instruct.

Thank you Major Player. Very Magnanimous. The Team does Indeed Work. I don`t Know enough To Give Any Sort Of Advice, But Being Part Of " The CAG Team " ( I Hope) We will all be OK In the end. Your participation is very much looked forward to by me.

Just a quick one for Ozz. Twice as bad M8. I`m A Yorkshire Man who settled in Plymouth through being in the Royal Navy. I wasn`t always fighting. Most of the time I was too drunk lol.

see I`m even trying to keep Gram1 happy, Imight have to work a little harder there?

Cheers and GOOD LUCK, MARK

i see you are on line major player

being in collections etc

what can you tell me on mortage indemnity fee being included on secured loans below 25 k

when ever i ask this question, people from welcome clam up

care to elaborate to get my respect

again

no offence intended