• Tweets

• Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lloyds loan PPI help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Im new to all this so be kind lol.

I have just kicked of a FSA investigation due to DDs for a service already included in my lloyds account.

This got me thinking, over the last ten years i have had 3 loans, 2 of which will have the PPI issue

The 1st was paid off along time ago...... no paper work to prove i had it.

The 2nd was with lloyds taken out 3/4 years ago. It was paid off when i took out a new loan with Lloyds april 09.

If i was to ask for a Refund of the PPI Would the bank close my bank account or lower the type of account ? This there any other things they will do?

How do i Io about getting a refund?

Many thanks for you help and for looking :)

Hello and Welcome, robh539.

I'll move this thread to the PPI Forum, where hopefully you'll get some help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi all, Im new to all this so be kind lol.

I have just kicked of a FSA investigation due to DDs for a service already included in my lloyds account.

This got me thinking, over the last ten years i have had 3 loans, 2 of which will have the PPI issue

The 1st was paid off along time ago...... no paper work to prove i had it.

The 2nd was with lloyds taken out 3/4 years ago. It was paid off when i took out a new loan with Lloyds april 09.

If i was to ask for a Refund of the PPI Would the bank close my bank account or lower the type of account ? This there any other things they will do?

How do i Io about getting a refund?

Many thanks for you help and for looking :)

I have phoned the bank the 1st loan was taken out 2002 the 2nd was 2005 both for £7000 with PPI.

Would i be able to claim the PPI back? How do i do it?

Many thanks

Hi Rob:)

Do you have all your statements showing the repayments you have paid towards your loans as well as copies of the loan agreements? The loan agreements from LTSB usually show a breakdown of the cost of loan and PPI, so you can see how much the PPI has been costing you. Assuming these were single premium PPIs the agreement will show the cost of the insurance premium which was added up front to your total loan amount.

If you don't have this information it would be wise to send off to LTSB for a Subject Access Request (cost £10) which will give you (or should do, lol!) all the information the bank holds on you including copies of the CCAs (agreements) and statements showing payments made.

The very best place to start is by having a thorough read of the 'stickies' at the top of this forum which give masses of info and advice on how to reclaim mis-sold PPI.

There are many helpful and knowledgeable Caggers with a wealth of PPI reclaiming experience who will be on hand to guide you once you get going.

Hope this helps you get started!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Do you have all your statements showing the repayments you have paid towards your loans as well as copies of the loan agreements? The loan agreements from LTSB usually show a breakdown of the cost of loan and PPI, so you can see how much the PPI has been costing you. Assuming these were single premium PPIs the agreement will show the cost of the insurance premium which was added up front to your total loan amount.

If you don't have this information it would be wise to send off to LTSB for a Subject Access Request (cost £10) which will give you (or should do, lol!) all the information the bank holds on you including copies of the CCAs (agreements) and statements showing payments made.

The very best place to start is by having a thorough read of the 'stickies' at the top of this forum which give masses of info and advice on how to reclaim mis-sold PPI.

There are many helpful and knowledgeable Caggers with a wealth of PPI reclaiming experience who will be on hand to guide you once you get going.

Hope this helps you get started!

Landy x

Hi Landy,

Thank you for your post, i phoned the bank this evening, they are posting me the credit agreements for the too loans in question. Ok i will ask them about the subject access thingy.

Many thanks for putting me on the path of war lol

Hi Landy,

Thank you for your post, i phoned the bank this evening, they are posting me the credit agreements for the too loans in question. Ok i will ask them about the subject access thingy.

Many thanks for putting me on the path of war lol

You're welcome!

It is usually a good idea to do the Subject Access Request in writing, particularly as it's best to keep a paper trail of your (and their) actions. Although I have read where this has been done over the phone, I personally wouldn't advise it. You will need to send a fee of £10 for this, a postal order is generally preferred as there is no need to sign it as you would a cheque - don't want to give them any opportunity to be tempted to put your signature somewhere it wasn't previously;)

You should find a template for a SAR in the forum templates library. Send this via recorded delivery and start counting down the days - they have 40 to respond, although knowing LTSB they will usually find some excuse not to stick to the timescale. Make sure you keep copies of all correspondence - it's a good idea to start a file for each complaint - assuming you get addicted to this reclaiming lark and find other subjects to pursue!

Let us know how you get on!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• 2 weeks later...

Well im a little lost now. So far i have ordered the statements for the two loan accounts, also in a separate phone call the loan agreements are coming. As im not trusting i have my paperwork in order before the claim starts.

Do i now now do i start the ball rolling with lloyds? Where do sent the letter to?

many thanks

Rob

The complaint will be dealt with by their loans centre in Newport (I can't find the address right now) so best to send it straight there so that there is less of a delay

Make sure you are clear about your reasons for claiming the PPI was missold - they will probably try to wriggle out of it so you need to make sure that much is clear

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Well im a little lost now. So far i have ordered the statements for the two loan accounts, also in a separate phone call the loan agreements are coming. As im not trusting i have my paperwork in order before the claim starts.

Do i now now do i start the ball rolling with lloyds? Where do sent the letter to?

many thanks

Rob

send to CUSTOMER CARE

LLOYDS TSB INSURANCE

TREDEGAR PARK

NEWPORT

SOUTH WALES

NP10 8SB

i originaly complanied to lloyds customer servives (waste of time) send to this address you will defentliy get a responce they setteld my complaint in 3 weeks, full refund of premiums +8% intrest on its way:):). do state to them in your letter of complaint reguarding mis-selling of ppi , you would be obliged they send you a final responce letter, so you can contact the fos. good luck:)

Edited by rhos123
typo -- spelling