1st credit credit report entry

flopper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just had a look at my credit file and found an entry for 1st credit saying i owe them £309 and that i am currently in default. I know this is from my HFC account from which i reclaimed charges and settled the debt (settled 2/2/09). When i called 1st credit they said that it was due to me paying a reduced sum to clear the debt and that this will always stay on my file like this. I argued with them and all they said was to send a copy of the report to a PO Box so their team could look at it.

The reduced sum that i paid i thought was minus a £300 charge HFC put on my account when they transferred it to the collection agency.

Anyone know where i stand with this one, im trying to build my credit score again and this is sitting top of the pile on my credit score

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

A quick note....

From a bit of reading around on here i have also realised that 1st credit should not have put any entries onto my credit report due to the origional HFC account being in dispute. My only problem is that i no longer have any letters etc regarding this account as i thought it was all sorted. I will send them the report and tell them that the account was also in dispute and that they should not have put any entries onto my file.

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07