DWP Debt- demands for payment

jadebarton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there, i was looking at some older threads regarding this and wondered if anyone had some current advice.

I just received a call from Iquor/Igor debt recovery. regarding £680 debt for a crisis loan and social fund loan back at the beginning of 2006.

I was first contacted last year by a different debt collection agency who kept harrassing me over it. I stated that i could not remember owing this debt and that i wanted evidence ie signed agreement etc of the debt. They then got very rude to me and eventually came back with a verbal breakdown of the two seperate amounts and what they were for. I stated that i still wanted to see paper work related to the loans as generally things like crisis loans are paid out of your benefits as soon as you start receiving them so im assuming it must have been paid at the time but to be honest i cant really remember.

am i entitled to see actually signed agreements from the DWP?

do i have to pay this amount?

would they send baliffs or take me to court regarding this debt?

any help greatly appreciated.

jade

Hi, yes you are definately entitled to see your original agreement/letter signed to take out the crisis and social fund loans.

If you signed the agreement, you would be liable to pay this money unfortunately, but if you cannot pay this in full, write to them offering a small reduced payment.

hi thank you loobyloo,

can they persue it if they dont have written evidence.

I am currently working P/T but unfortunately im paying off a lot of other debts too and really cant afford another debt on top of these.

will they be able to take me to court? so far this is the second debt collection agency dealing with it. no court action letter but do get threatening letters.