Mackenzie Hall

gambe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for any help in advance.

Now i moved house about a year ago, and have recently started receving letters from them regarding a debt, so i rang them to find out what exactly the debt was, turns out it was for a catalgoue, now the debt is £400, and because i brought a house a while ago i cant afford to simply clear it. I advised them this and they refuse to reason, now i have recently recieved a letter saying they are going to do a doorstep assessment, where exactly do i stand in all this.

I have made an affordable offer to allow me to clear the debt, and they are unwilling to accept, and quite frankily were really rude on the phone to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

John

Hi,

Thanks for any help in advance.

Now i moved house about a year ago, and have recently started receving letters from them regarding a debt, so i rang them to find out what exactly the debt was, turns out it was for a catalgoue, now the debt is £400, and because i brought a house a while ago i cant afford to simply clear it. I advised them this and they refuse to reason, now i have recently recieved a letter saying they are going to do a doorstep assessment, where exactly do i stand in all this.

I have made an affordable offer to allow me to clear the debt, and they are unwilling to accept, and quite frankily were really rude on the phone to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

John

firstly never ring a dca ever again!!!!! its a no no .

secondly,send the dca the door step letter in the template section.

also send with it the cca requst letter ,in the template section,send them recorded delivery include the £1 po for the cca fee,DO NOT SIGN IT print your name only.

keep copys of all correspondance with all matters and file them in the order to which they arrive.

when you get any reply from the dca let us now.

UNTIL THEN SIT BACK RELAX ENJOY THE FIGHT YOUR IN CAGGERS COUNTRY NOW!:-D

PS how old is the acc ???? when did you last acknowledge the debt or make a payment

" IMPORTANT".

Mackenze Hall are absolute cretins who behave in a way that shouldn't be allowed. The fact they are still in business is an indication of the toothlessness of the regulatory authorities.

If they are demanding you repay a debt they should have the proper paperwork to back up their claims. They very rarely do. Your first step would be to write to them and demand this paperwork. Sending these idiots a CCA request - that will cost you a quid - should put paid to their antics. They won't have any paperwork, catalogues rarely have signed credit agreements. Failing to provide paperwork within 12 working days put the debt into dispute and action of any kind is suspended until they can resolve that dispute.

Threatening to send someone round is standard practice for this lot. They have Meritforce who do visit people but if you don't want to talk to them you don't have to. If they start making a nuisance of themselves report them to the police. Trespass is nt a criminal offence but a breach of the peace is so when you call your local bobbies (not 999) to report the crfetin don't use the word tresspass - strange man with a clipboard lurking arond your car/bushes/kids is going to bring plod round.

And finally - don't worry

I've never known MacKenzie Hall or Meritforce to ever provide valid paperwork relating to any debt.

For older debts, especially catalogue debts or any pre-First Credit debts, MacKenzie Hall don't even bother to forward the request on to the original creditor.

I should have mentioned that your CCA request should include a sentence to the effect that the enclosed £1 postal order is in respect of the statutory fee for the paperwork and should not be seen as a payment towards the alleged debt. If MHall deduct the £1 from the sum owed that's a matter for them but you have made it clear what its meant for.

Hi Gambe

Also remember that a DCA can ask and insist till they're blue in the face but only a Court has the right to receive your financial details

As themagician has said "sit back relax" and let the battle comence ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi thanks everyone.

I'll get on to them letters tonight, and let you know. Im not actually sure when the debt is for, i did have a catalouge a couple of years ago whilst i was on a lower income but im pretty sure i paid it. I'll have to have a root around i think.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Doorstep visit = 3 CCA = 8

These are templates so read and amend to suit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=