Offer from Welcome

Nearly Here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All.

Short Version: Took car finance through these guys, lost my job, moved house but advised them where I was. Welcome then put me in contact with the new local office, passed all the details on, I made payments etc. Lost job again, this time moved house and country. Paid what I could through bank transfers from over seas but am well behind with the payments, but never passed on new address!

2 weeks ago, took a call from "National Insurance" at work saying that I had over paid my NI in the UK. They had my details,(although google and 192.com can find that) all seemed legit and passed on my new address.

Today I received a letter from welcome in a hand written envelope. Letter inside was to my old original address, offering a 25% reduction as way as a full and final settlement on the account. Quick calculation and it does seem a genuine offer.

This has me thinking though: Do they realize that the debt my be unenforceable or is this the start of the inevitable battle? Would they have lost my paperwork?

Thoughts and advice would be gratefully received!

I would imagine it depends whether you are in the EU or not. I would it is very difficult if not impossible for them to chase debts in another country, especially those out of the EU. I wouldn't worry too much, it is not as if they are going to knock on your door!

Welscum And The Parent Company Cattles Are ( UNFORTUNATELY LMFAO) NOW Not Trading. No New Loans etc. All they Arer Doing Until They Wind Down Is Collecting What They Can.

In My Opinion You should Offer Them Half Again What They Offered As Full And Final!!!;) They Are Desperate For Anything So You Never Know???:D

You May Be Abroad M8 But They Will *UCK Your Credit File. And They Are Such Under Handed ****, As You Have Seen First Hand With The Letter!!!:mad: They Will Do Anything!!!:mad: Even Break The Law!!!:mad:

There Are Many Ways To Deal With These ****!!!:D So Post Back Tomorrow For Some Great Advice From The Jubbly People HERE. That Is If You Want It???

Cheers and Good Luck, MARK:cool:

Least you wont get the £25 fee for hand delivered letters!!

The Question is, do you want to fight it if the agreement if unenforceable (lots of time, energy and hassle, or do you want to offer a lower settlement and hope they accept it if you can afford it?

Personally if I was in your situation I would offer as little as possible, get every thing in writing and be done with them.

Least you wont get the £25 fee for hand delivered letters!!

The Question is, do you want to fight it if the agreement if unenforceable (lots of time, energy and hassle, or do you want to offer a lower settlement and hope they accept it if you can afford it?

Personally if I was in your situation I would offer as little as possible, get every thing in writing and be done with them.

Great Advice As Usual Dibbo. ;-)