Confused, Help needed please !!!

liverpoolfan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im a little confused,

I had a credit card which was in the hands of a debt collector for one reason or another, then as i didnt recieve any letters from them as i was away and didnt know they were looking for the money, anyway they used Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solictors to send letters of court action which i received once i was back i set up a payment each month, i lost my job but carried on paying each month untll last month i couldnt pay the normal amount they said it was ok and took what i offered, i said i had a new job and would pay this month but wouldnt be til the end of the month, i got 2 letters from them saying its going ot court as i havent paid i called them this morning and they told me id had nothing to do with them anymore and it was back in the hands of the debt collector, CONFUSED please someone help i dont want it to go to court as im trying to save now im in work to offer them a payment in full

Kind Regards

hiya,

can you just confirm that is was just a threat of court action and the account has not actually went to court?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Well for a start, you have the right to know who exactly owns this debt. This would be a letter to you, headed "Notice of Assignment".

They cannot play Ping Pong with this account, you need to contact all the relevant parties involved, the origonal CC company, the DCA & the Solicitor, do DSARS, to find out:

Who owns this debt.

Where have your monthly payments been going.

Are your payments decreasing the account balance.....you see each time they write to you, pass the account, it incurrs charges.

Its time to take control, let these people know that you are fully aware of your rights as a consumer, & there obligation to follow the correct procedures.

Good Luck

Debs

Thank you for your help, ill start sending asap,

Im not one of these trying for a quick way out without paying ive had the money and i just want to pay what i can afford to pay back and pay it over time, but one thing i dont want is a CCJ as i want a business at some point soon, thank you again

Hi im a little confused,

I had a credit card which was in the hands of a debt collector for one reason or another, then as i didnt recieve any letters from them as i was away and didnt know they were looking for the money, anyway they used Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solictors to send letters of court action which i received once i was back i set up a payment each month, i lost my job but carried on paying each month untll last month i couldnt pay the normal amount they said it was ok and took what i offered, i said i had a new job and would pay this month but wouldnt be til the end of the month, i got 2 letters from them saying its going ot court as i havent paid i called them this morning and they told me id had nothing to do with them anymore and it was back in the hands of the debt collector, CONFUSED please someone help i dont want it to go to court as im trying to save now im in work to offer them a payment in full

Kind Regards

1st, NEVER phone anyone esp a DCA or their inhouse solictors and discuss aNYTHING with them over the phone, they will threaten/promise anything just to get money out of you!

i would CCA the debt collector, as advised, let findout if they have the LEGAL RIGHT to demand money off you.

give us a bit more info like the OC & some dates

that way we can help you better.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you see each time they write to you, pass the account, it incurrs charges.

ONLY the OC can add charges/interest of any kind UNLESS the DCA has BROUGHT the debt.

this i doubt as it appears to be being passed around.

and NO-ONE can add anything to a debt once it has been to court/CCJ'ed unless those charges/interest are SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the judgement papers.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Im not one of these trying for a quick way out without paying ive had the money

I accept this, & totally agree with you. But this is from someone who tried to do the right thing, made payments for over 7 years as required, even when times were really hard. Only to be totally & utterly treated like **** when I felt I'd paid enough...£30K. At the charging order, morally the judge accepted this , but legally had to grant the charging order.

So, consider this. ok, you can afford to pay now. But what if, a few years on, your circumstances change. Will they be as understanding as you are, will they consider your situation, or will they do whatever it takes to extract as much money from you as they can, whether you can afford it or not.

Debs

Thank you all for your help and advice,

Its a Halifax gold card which was defaulted 4 years ago since then its been passed to Blair, Oliver and Scott, Robinnson way, now I Quor Debt collecters.

All of these i set up payments and countiued to pay until one month i couldnt pay the full amount for one reason or another then they sent it to someone else after just one payment like this,

I have never recieved the default from the Halifax i have asked them for my credit agreement and they supplied it, i asked B,O and Scott for the agreement and heard nothing they just passed it on

So next stop ask the latest one for my creidt agreement and go from there ?

Thank you

seems like your on a phishing list.

are you saying that the CCA passes the test?

dx

and they

sorry what is a phishing list exactly ?

Im not sure i got back the application form that i filled out in the bank at the door as i come in they asked me to fill it out so i did,

I think up until know i havent delt with it as other things in my life came 1st but now im ready to get it sorted

What do you think i should do next ?

Thank you for your help

right so you actually remember applying for this card then,..ok.

have you ever received something called a notice of assignment or a letter from HC saying they have sold the debt?

if not, i think its about time you SAR'ed halifax and lets see what you have been paying toward.

i bet you've got heaps of unlawfull charges & p'haps PPI you can reclaim + int.

by the look of things, hailfax are just playing pass the parcel in terms of who chases you.

get that SAR off to them.

dx

and they

Thanks ill do that today, No i have never recieved anything like that just a bloke on the phone from the debt collectors saying that the debt had been brought by them.

So the money i have been paying to these debt collectors may not have come off the total is that what you think ? How can that happen i have proof of every payment,

Thank you for your help and making this much easier

i'm puzzled by the we have brought the debt bit, esp over the phone!

if halifax sold the debt moons ago, then i bet there is only one place that money has gone........keep thinking.:mad:

dx

and they

How can this be legal ?

Today though the post i recieved a bill from Halifax asking for the full amount this happens every december since it all started, how can all these people be chasing the same money.

Decided im writing another letter to Hellifax and asking about the account and see where they stand with it and who should be chasing me, will they be able to tell me ?