debt sold while in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My debt was sold by Blair Oliver Scott, without informing me even though I was making regular payments, to a debt collection agency in France, where I live. As recommended I wrote to the new collection agency requesting my CCA on 19 February 2009 and again on 2 May 2009. I heard nothing. Then on 22 September 2009 I received a letter from a new debt collection agency who had obviously bought my debt, even though the debt was still in dispute because I hadn't received the CCA. I wrote to the second company on 24 September advising them that the first company had failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement and also reminding them that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute, including selling the debt. I heard nothing until I received a letter dated 13 January 2010, along with a true copy of the CCA, from the second company giving me 4 days to pay the outstanding amount plus charges they have put on for fees, interest and penalties.

What happens now? The debt was sold while in dispute but the new company has the original CCA. What is my position?

My debt was sold by Blair Oliver Scott, without informing me even though I was making regular payments, to a debt collection agency in France, where I live. As recommended I wrote to the new collection agency requesting my CCA on 19 February 2009 and again on 2 May 2009. I heard nothing. Then on 22 September 2009 I received a letter from a new debt collection agency who had obviously bought my debt, even though the debt was still in dispute because I hadn't received the CCA. I wrote to the second company on 24 September advising them that the first company had failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement and also reminding them that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute, including selling the debt. I heard nothing until I received a letter dated 13 January 2010, along with a true copy of the CCA, from the second company giving me 4 days to pay the outstanding amount plus charges they have put on for fees, interest and penalties.

What happens now? The debt was sold while in dispute but the new company has the original CCA. What is my position?

can you post up the original cca that you have been sent so that we can take alook to see if its legal or not.

I didn't know BOS bought debt I thought they were the INHOUSE pondlife COLLECTIONS for what used to be HBOS. Blair, Oliver & Scott...Bank Of Scotland.

Lord help us if this set of chancers are buying unenforceable debt.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!