welcome Car Finance - PPI and Mystery Charges - claim form received - help

mtaylor819
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That is all that is required at this stage..

.you can go into great detail once you have received their reaction and if they signify they wish to proceed.

This is done by way of your Witness Statement/Case Summary later in the process.

If you are using MCOL then no Statement of Truth is required.

If you are happy with the above and it encompasses your contentions with the claim then copy and paste into MCOL

and print your receipt as proof of submission.

Best of Luck

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Had the following back from the solicitors today:

We can confirm that our client through their agent IND, have already sent you the documents that you have requested in your Defence.

We enclose opt correspondence sent to you dates 11 november 2013 along with notice of sums in arrears for your reference.

We can confirm that our client will not be relying on a default notice as they have not terminated the agreement.

Our client is demanding the payment of arrears only,

therefore they are not required to issue a default notice as set out in section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974.

If you do understand anything in this letter then we urge you to seek independent legal advice.

The letter from IND has requested this is transferred to my local court.

However IND did not send out a copy the notice of assignment as requested in my letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Hope you all had a great xmas ! I have received a letter from the CCBC today, saying this is eligible for fast track and they have given me the form to complete. It says all efforts should be made to settle prior to this ? Do i want to go ahead with the fast track ? Or can I ask this to go to the local court ?

Hi Mt,

Agree to Mediation if it's on offer, and say you want the case heard at your local county court.

The case will be allocated to the appropriate track, based on the value of the claim. Am I right in recalling the claim was for approx £8.5K but with s.69 Stat'y Int't of over £2K.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Is it over £10K or a complicated claim ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Responding to your PM

Have you received the N181 ? Sec69 interest cant be added into the total until the claimant as been awarded judgment...this is SCT if the debt is below 10K.Download the N180 and add a a covering note to why.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Have a defendants copy of the N181 only, nothing from welcome as of yet. Will look at N180 and download. Not certain of how to produce with trying to settle before the date as I fully dispute the claim or do I just put that in the 180/181 ?

Hi MT,

We should have said earlier, it's probably better that the claim is heard on the Small Claims track as the costs implications are far less (in the event that you lost).

If you simply agree to Mediation on the N180, the court process should facilitate this as part of the ongoing case.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Have received the N181 from IND stating they wish it to be small claims track so that's good. Also a letter saying welcome will now represent themselves instead of hegartys yet still all paperwork comes from Ind headed paper.

On my form do I need to disclose the DN / TN and the upheld complaint letters as well as I will be using these in my defence ?

You really should be completing the N180 if this is to be small claims court...The N181 differs with regards to Directions and Disclosure.

Andy

Hi MT,

I assume you downloaded the N180 but haven't submitted it yet.

If so, only address the issues raised on the N180.

A - Yes to Mediation

B - Enter your contact info

C - Tick Yes

D1 - Enter details of your local county court

D2 - I assume No

D3 - I assume 0

E - Leave blank

Arguments in support of your defence (DN, TN, etc) will be sent to the court when required as per the courts' directions.

• 5 months later...

So just to update everyone.

Court hearing today,

and Judge agreed that the agreement was incorrect executed,

but under section 65 was happy to award the monies to Welcome.

I contested the invalid default notice, and further termination notice,

but he just said, that they agreed the default notice was invalid,

but as welcome were claiming under the agreement expiring the termination / default notice was not in question

as there is no such thing as unlawful recission !!

I tried using case law examples but he just said you can't have you cake and eat it,

you had the car, so you have to pay.

Awarded to Welcome.

Nice to see the courts are happy to help the small people..

. not.

So he agreed with you on all three points but found in the claimants favour..... a***h**e.

I do agree on one point even if he was being pedantic....unlawful rescission... in reality you should refer to it as repudiation of contract. When a party to a simple contract, upon a breach by the other contracting party of a condition of the contract, elects to treat the contract as no longer binding upon him, the contract is not rescinded as from the beginning.

Both parties are discharged from further performance of the contract, but rights are not divested or discharged which have already been unconditionally acquired. Rights and obligations which arise from the partial execution of the contract and causes of action which have accrued from its breach alike continue unaffected.

So now you have to deal with payment...was they allowed costs?

Regards

Andy

His point on the termination notice was that how could they have terminated if the default notice was invalid. His words to me " you can't say you state the default notice is invalid, but then claim the termination notice is valid but then claim the account is terminated incorrectly" He refused to hear about Wilson vs First Trust.

Sounds like he needs to be put to graze.Once you get the order of judgment and when and what to pay make an application to vary (if necessary) using the N245 and offer £10 per month.

Two ways to skin a rabbit...make them wait.

I would love to make them wait forever. But the sour point for me is that I will now have a CCJ after just clearing my credit file down completely and getting back on track. I am seriously looking to see how I can pay it before the 28 days if at all possible.