Duff Man vs CitiCards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not been on the site for a couple of years & I have finally decided to sort out all my cards/PPI with avengence.

I have had all my statements and sent out the letters detailing amounts of charges & interest earlier this week & have just received first reply back from Citi Cards with an offer of approx 1/7th of what was requesting with all the usual spiel from them about them only offering the difference between the then charge & the £12 now standard charge amount.

So my question is with regards to the next letter to send, I've looked around the site but I can't seem to find one for credit cards.

Has anyone got a link to the next template to use that has then resulted in a better offer from Citi Cards or should I just go straight to the Ombudsman ?

If it was staring me in the face & I have missed it then I'm happy to be pointed out of the error of my ways of being a numpty !! :)

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, would like to know what success anyone has had going to the Ombudsman when you are trying to claim charges older than 6 years ago. This seems to be my stumbling block at present with Citi Cards as well as them sticking to their guns over the £12 fee & only doing a part refund between that and the charged amount. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Certainly through the courts they are liable for the entire charge, we have templates which if adopted by the court mean that Citi's defence would be struck out if they were not to comply with a court order for a "breakdown of their costs".

They are under instructions however to defend all such cases, so you would be facing them in a county court - although that isn't as daunting as it might first seem.

From a courts point of view you would have to have a very good arguement as to why you should be allowed to claim back further that 6 years.

I would imagine that the FOS would not allow you to claim back further though it might be worth asking around on here - I think there is a section dedicated to the Financial Ombudsman service you might be able to find more details there.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Thankyou for that reply, I'll have a look through the section you mentioned. I'm starting another thread with a general question as I've noticed the change in approach over the % rate of interest that people are requesting as well as charges so I'll be more specific in that new thread as to my new query.

Cheers from the Duff Man, Oh - Yeah !!