Fredrickson / Arrow / Orange problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In September 09 I recieved 2 letters out of the blue from Fredrickson Int. demanding £296.40 & £144.13. They claimed the debt was owed to Arrow Global LLC. As I had never heard of them and do not have any debt to anyone (except my mortgage!) I sent them the 'prove it' letter recorded delivery from this site.

This morning I recieved 2 separate letters back:

We refer to your recent letter to this office. Please find enclosed documents, provided by our client, as requested. We hope that this clarifies matters and look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for the discharge of this account. Yours...

The documents were 2 Orange statements in my name for 12 months from Aug 2004, but at the wrong address.

I have been an orange contract customer since 2000 and am still with them now. I have never missed a payment to them and have never been disconnected. I phoned orange this morning and they confirm that I do not owe them money from 2005.

Please help! What do I go back to Fredrickson with?

Personally, I would get Orange to put this in writing, and (keeping a copy for yourself.) send it to the DCA. Or, ignore the DCA as they may be phishing.

However I'm sure someone more experienced than me will be along to comment and give you more/better advice.

Good luck whatever happens!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

if this is definitely isnt yours write back to dca, inform them of oranges findings, and stick to your guns, insist this debt is not yours, and if necessary you will stand up and swear on oath it aint yours..as poster above says, try to get orange to substantiate their claim in writing, tell freds to stick it

It's time for Carter to put up or shut up. It's mistaken identity, and Carter/Arrow should have made checks to ensure this.

This is clearly an duff account that Arrow have bought from Orange, so Orange also have some explaining to do. Call Orange and give them the details of the alleged account and see what they have to say.

Ask C***y Carter, in a letter:

What evidence do you have that I owe this money?

Has your client recorded information regarding this with the credit reference agencies?

Where did you get my personal details from, and how have you linked them to this account?

Point out to them that impugning your credit rating for no reason will incur a claim for damages.

Carter is such a t*sser.

Follow up with complaints to the SRA, the OFT and Trading Standards.