Vanquis Card:"We have decided to waive the fee for customers wanting their info"????

bp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just finally opened a later from Vanquis(very high APR but I'm trying to rebuild my credit).

"We have decided to waive the £10 fee for customers wanting a copy of the information we hold about them. you can now request this information free of charge"

What implications does this have for S.A.R? do they still have to provide the info within a set time or is it as and when?

Vanquis has now also changed their terms to:

"If we reduce your default charges we may not let you know as it is to your benefit. We may change any of the above default charges by giving you at least 30days notice, unless the changes are to your advantage."

Anyone knows what this means?

It has no implications, they still have to provide the information. The £10 is the statutory maximum that can be charged, there is no minimum.

As for the second point, they are informing you that they may alter the terms of the contract by giving you 30 days notice, unless, in relation to penalty charges, they reduce the amount they charge you, in which case they feel they do not need to inform you.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hi hagenuk

It's important to confirm in writing that despite returning the fee they are stiil prepared to comply with the legal requirements of your SAR.

Don't slow things down by waiting for their reply write your letter in such a way that it indicates you understand that as they have not implied otherwise so you understand that to be the case

Good point. Although in my case, Vanquis will have received the DPA SAR non-compliance letter by now, giving them 7 days to respond, as their 40 days have expired.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

You can still write your letter post non-compliance.

Along the lines of:

further to my non-compliance letter dated ****** it was my understanding that despite refunding the SAR fee you would continue to comply with the legal requirements of the DPA. This you have failed to do so I take this opportunity to remind you that I will continue with my action against you & I will no longer accept any future undertakings or promises by you if I suspect it will cause any delay in said action.

Furthermore once proceedings are issued & settlement offered I shall, to ensure it's validity, insist that your payment be made direct to the court for submission to myself.

I am not sure if they have cashed my cheque or not, certainly they have not returned it as they have not actually replied at all.

Good text though, I will use it.

I have control

I just don't have statements, so my claim has yet to start.

Vanquis is a tiddler, I am playing with them, it will be a few hundred at most, possibly less.

Excellent

I'm just saying (perhaps a little too bluntly) get tunnel vision don't be distracted by anything they do or say to stall you. If they don't follow the proscribed path or make promises which appear to be of no benefit to them (like refunding the £10) acknowledge them but ignore them. It's possible that their next ploy will be writing to you asking for more time. If the do refer to your last letter & their broken promises to date & refuse.

THis should find it's way to their data controller

Vanquis Bank Limited. (Registered office)

Colonnade,

Sunbridge Road,

Bradford, BD1 2LQ.

Registered number 2558509 England

You would think so, but I have not had a reply though. They also have an address in Kent, but I used the one above.