Current account default

foxyflugel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMG - things just get worse!!

OH received a letter today saying that they have closed his a/c and intend to put it into default.

He had an O/d facility of £1,800 and moved everything else to another a/c. The a/c was kept open and a s/o set up for £25 per month to co ver the interest and pay a little off the capital until we were in a position to make larger payments (bearing in mind that a lot of this balance was charges).

It was like this for ages and running nicely - reducing slowly - very slowly :D Since July 2009 - he has been getting letters on a 3 weekly basis from the Credit Review Team (I have been tearing them up - but have at least 2 that I saved - from Oct & Dec 2009) In this it states the usual blah but also says within it -

"Whilst none of your obligations to the bank are currently in arrears, this may be a situation where your needs are changing and a discussion would be of benefit".

Here's the thing, he called them the other day as he suddenly received a letter saying he was £280 over his o/d limit. It would appear that these are charges that have snowballed since LAST JAN!! He hasn't been receiving his statements here (but they must have the correct address as he received the review letters??). So what does he do now?? At £28 per month + unauthorised borrowing interest it has added up to quite a sum.

When I spoke to the woman at Birmingham Collections Centre she was a real snotty mare and very unhelpful (no suprise there then!). This is probably why he now has the intended default notice. What really hacks me off is that the first letter he received about his account being over his limit is a year later from when it first happened!! Why? How can they justify piling these charges on when the customer is unaware of the situation? What do I do now????????:(

Edited by foxyflugel

I am interested in what you are told

My o/d has now gone £800 over its o/d limit as the bank levied £152 of "returns" charges that I disputed, refused to play ball and have added £28pm in o/d fee, £35pm in interest and then £30 in "private banking" tariff that they should have removed me from last January. I am not paying them this £800 that should not be there as far as I concerned.

No-ones replying :( I need to get this sorted asap as I believe (from reading on here) that I need to send them an 'account in dispute' letter - and am I right in thinking that they are not able to file a default on an account 'in dispute'? Please can someone advise me as I am getting deperate :( Which letter should I send?

• 2 months later...

Start off by reading the FAQs. The Consumer Forums - FAQ - The New Bank Charges Position

There are also templates in the library, but as I'm sure you appreciate a lot of this is untested at the moment.

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.