style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been sent a final notice by Marstons saying the are goin to come and remove items from my house is I don't pay in ful in th next 7 days!! I stupidly ignored a letter saying I had to pay a fine because I had my foot on a seat on the train... I live at my mothers house at th moment and lost my job 2 months ago, I have just phoned Marstons and said I can't pay the £315.00 they are asking. I was told if I paid £70 today i could pay the rest by the 14 Feb, I told them I didn't even have 70p at the moment ( don't get any money untill next week ) They then said it would be passed on to the next available bailiff!! Can anyone help please, don't know what to do next!! :(:(:Cry:

Hi and welcome to the cag, although I dont condone feet on train seats, I also dont think Marstons can charge what they want.

was what the original cost of the fine and when did you have to pay it, was it issued by a court or just an on the spot thing

more details would help

Well the original fine was £50.... Which for some unknown reason I decided not pay ( please don't shake ya head I was having a bad year! ) It went to court and I didn't go, the old bury head in sand technique, which I can't believe hasn't worked for me! The Fine is now £265 and £50 bailiff fees. Is there anything I can do to pay this off over a bit of time??

in that case I would try and make an arrangement with the court, people on jsa cant be expected to cough up a fine like that, go to the court on monday and ask what options there are, in the meantime dont let marstons in your house, and if they do gain entry then they can only take / record what is your property not what is your mums

Im in the same boat with the same people mate. If you ring any contact number on their site all you get is a payment line! They dont accept any calls unles you have a card in your hand for the full payment. My bill is 3000 almost so count yourself lucky LOL!

Im off to court on monday!

Hi scotty, that's looking like a very expensive train journey at the moment!

Definately try the court route first. They are ones who set the fine in the first place and the ones who would be interested in your income level. Don't forget to take proof of entitle ment and, if it was me, I'd be happy to provide my bank statement showing that I don't have any hidden treasure.

Here's a link and qoute why the court will be interested:

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
tie poo